Should I drop down to Standard English? (1 Viewer)

jccc

HSC
I'm in Year 11 and will be doing my preliminary exams next week. I'm really conflicted about English. I'm doing Advanced English and it's my worst subject (average 75%). I want to see how I go but is is worth it to drop down to standard? I'm not a fan of English right now but at the same time it scales well.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I'm in Year 11 and will be doing my preliminary exams next week. I'm really conflicted about English. I'm doing Advanced English and it's my worst subject (average 75%). I want to see how I go but is is worth it to drop down to standard? I'm not a fan of English right now but at the same time it scales well.
don't fool urself abt scaling, it literally scales the exact sm as standard

howcanibesmarter

HSC
whatever u get in advanced is not gonna be worse than if you do standard in terms of atar (unless if you plagiarise that is, and you get the a mark of 0, but arguably that is still not worse than standard since its the same)

carrotsss

HSC
no dont drop

the only reason to do standard is if ur aiming for a low atar, if ur aiming for a good atar there is actually zero reason to do standard, its literally the same effort as advanced for the same scaled mark except u will have a crap cohort

jccc

HSC
no dont drop

the only reason to do standard is if ur aiming for a low atar, if ur aiming for a good atar there is actually zero reason to do standard, its literally the same effort as advanced for the same scaled mark except u will have a crap cohort
Thank you for the advice! Yeah, all of the unmotivated kids at my school are doing standard English I could only imagine the classes with them 😂

Last edited:

jccc

HSC
whatever u get in advanced is not gonna be worse than if you do standard in terms of atar (unless if you plagiarise that is, and you get the a mark of 0, but arguably that is still not worse than standard since its the same)
Thanks for the advice! I'll probably keep it then!

MJRey

HSC
Thank you for the advice! Yeah, all of the unmotivated kids at my school are doing standard English I could only imagine the classes with them 😂
I'm sad to say that the majority of my Advanced English class also had no motivation to learn, so Standard was way worse at my school (I know this for a fact because no one in my cohort got band 6 for Standard). The only English class where I saw real motivation was in Extension 1.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
the only reason to do standard is if ur aiming for a low atar, if ur aiming for a good atar there is actually zero reason to do standard,
ur making me regret my decision rn dont say that 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)