Should I drop down from 2 unit maths to general maths?. (2 Viewers)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
im pretty sure my maths teacher will say to me, i can actually do those questions but i do NOT show them in the exam. i need to do more practice questions, and make sure that i know when to use them. What i think is that my maths teacher is right but i just find the questions in the test challenging.
Like I said for one concept there can be a thousand questions, that's why you should do past papers and look at the solutions to see how you can structure your answers in a way that will get you:

1) All the marks if it's worth greater than one mark

2) Full marks the next time you come across the question

Also if you notice that you forget how to solve the same type of question over and over again write it down in a notebook and look over it daily/weekly so that you remember how to approach the question

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
im pretty sure my maths teacher will say to me, i can actually do those questions but i do NOT show them in the exam. i need to do more practice questions, and make sure that i know when to use them. What i think is that my maths teacher is right but i just find the questions in the test challenging.
^ Do this and you will succeed in the mathematics course

My marks in year 11:

1) 40 / 41 (Rank: 1 / 235)

2) 70 / 70 (Rank: 1 / 235)

3) 49 / 49 (Rank: 1 / 235)

4) 66 / 69 (Rank 3 / 235) + (Screwed this one up with silly mistakes)

Use all of the advice I have given you and there is a possibility that you could replicate my marks from year 11 for your HSC year :D

astroman

HSC
^ Do this and you will succeed in the mathematics course

My marks in year 11:

1) 40 / 41 (Rank: 1 / 235)

2) 70 / 70 (Rank: 1 / 235)

3) 49 / 49 (Rank: 1 / 235)

4) 66 / 69 (Rank 3 / 235) + (Screwed this one up with silly mistakes)

Use all of the advice I have given you and there is a possibility that you could replicate my marks from year 11 for your HSC year :D
strong boast/10 ...<3

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Holy shit, I'm mirin man - hope I can be the redeemer and achieve similar marks like yours (I'm kidding myself :haha: )
Dude it's possible trust me I was absolutely failing year 10 (no joke probably at the bottom of the 5.3 course in my year), and had managed to redeem myself in year 11

HSC
thanks guys!!! ur the best. you guys helped me alot, and yes i do use maths in focus book 2 textbook, the hsc course version. currently doing integration i find it pretty easy though, i get the concept. im gonna start working and revising maths for at least 1 hour every day after school and if i could, on the weekends and the holidays as well. cause tbh with you guys i forget stuff quite easily.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Would explain why OP hasn't come across tricky and difficult questions

Screw you Margaret Grove
its true, u use MIF for all HW and get destroyed by exams where questions are much harder compared to MIF
asking about MIF was always gonna spark a response from enigma :p

what have you done astro
its relevant, MIF makes you dumb
Lurve yah all <3
Anti-MIF crew!! :D

Yes everyone here is right! Maths in Focus is a very basic textbook which does not have many challenging questions, and I'm highly against it. In comparison, Cambridge/Fitzpatrick have much harder questions (which are harder than those in exams) and so when you sit exams you will be doing easier questions. Always better to use harder textbooks :)

astroman

HSC
thanks guys!!! ur the best. you guys helped me alot, and yes i do use maths in focus book 2 textbook, the hsc course version. currently doing integration i find it pretty easy though, i get the concept. im gonna start working and revising maths for at least 1 hour every day after school and if i could, on the weekends and the holidays as well. cause tbh with you guys i forget stuff quite easily.
this is the problem, use another textbook such as Fitzpatrick, it will be much more challenging and have similar exam style questions.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Crisium pls teach I got math back today and want to neck myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)