Should I drop down from 2 unit maths to general maths?. (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys, does any of you know where to get cambridge 2u year 12 maths textbooks pdfs from? or fitzpatrick textbook pdf from? i have a fitzpatrick textbook but its really old though, some topics i do now arent even in that book. links to download them would be perfect. thanks.

teridax

HSC
N/A
hey guys, does any of you know where to get cambridge 2u year 12 maths textbooks pdfs from? or fitzpatrick textbook pdf from? i have a fitzpatrick textbook but its really old though, some topics i do now arent even in that book. links to download them would be perfect. thanks.
you can get them off scribd, except you have to pay for them regardless, so i don't think you can get them free

unless, someone on the forums has the t/b, but even then, it's illegal to pass on pdfs

Feynman

HSC
you can get them off scribd, except you have to pay for them regardless, so i don't think you can get them free

unless, someone on the forums has the t/b, but even then, it's illegal to pass on pdfs
there's a method to get free access to all of scribd books, google it OP

baci

HSC
I was in a similar position. I was in the top maths class at a 15-20 ranked school, for my entire schooling life. I did Extension 1 maths in year 11, was even in an accelerated course in year 10 that would have enabled me to do my 2unit hsc a year earlier. At the end of prelim, I dropped to general maths and it was the best decision of my entire living life.

The course is practical, interesting, and enjoyable to study.
It is a new course as well, I was the first year who did it and I cant really talk about scaling yet but it is predicted to scale better as it incorporates more challenging focus studies and does not use a graphics calculator.
I fell behind in extension 1 so easily and general enabled me to focus on all my other subjects, which meant my ranks were better in all of them.

If you fall behind in 2 unit, and are not passionate about maths and prepared to do a bridging course if necessary, please please drop to general. I highly recommend it.

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
I was in a similar position. I was in the top maths class at a 15-20 ranked school, for my entire schooling life. I did Extension 1 maths in year 11, was even in an accelerated course in year 10 that would have enabled me to do my 2unit hsc a year earlier. At the end of prelim, I dropped to general maths and it was the best decision of my entire living life.

The course is practical, interesting, and enjoyable to study.
It is a new course as well, I was the first year who did it and I cant really talk about scaling yet but it is predicted to scale better as it incorporates more challenging focus studies and does not use a graphics calculator.
I fell behind in extension 1 so easily and general enabled me to focus on all my other subjects, which meant my ranks were better in all of them.

If you fall behind in 2 unit, and are not passionate about maths and prepared to do a bridging course if necessary, please please drop to general. I highly recommend it.
I totally agree.

+1

HSC
Aiming for UTS, Integrated Product Design that requires at least 75.05 ATAR. Just need to work hard and hope for the best. On the negative side, might as well go to University of Wollongong or University of Western Sydney in 2016. But ill give UTS a shot. By the way, if i dont put down UTS on the list when i do my HSC and i got the ATAR that is high enough for UTS, would i still be able to go into UTS?.

Last edited:

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Aiming for UTS, Integrated Product Design that requires at least 75.05 ATAR. Just need to work hard and hope for the best. On the negative side, might as well go to University of Wollongong or University of Western Sydney in 2016. But ill give UTS a shot. By the way, if i dont put down UTS on the list when i do my HSC and i got the ATAR that is high enough for UTS, would i still be able to go into UTS?.
Hey, don't diss UOW :)

baci

HSC
Yes you can change your preferences after you get your ATAR. I got an atar of above 99 doing general maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)