Should I drop Bio??? (1 Viewer)

crowley926

HSC
I'm doing 12 units -my worst subject is French and Bio is my second worst. I got a B for French and an A for Bio and I think my ranks were relatively similar.

I absolutely hate bio and want to shoot myself in the face every time I walk in the classroom but I feel like I need to keep it because with enough effort and memorization I at least have a chance of Band 6-ing it
whereas while I genuinely love French and don't intend on dropping it I think I can only get a Band 5 for it (especially since my class is full of native speakers) cause I'm really not that great at it.

IDK I wanna drop bio but I'm scared French will bring me down but then it's like if I have all this free time maybe I can get better at French IDDDKK such confusion pls help

Thoughts????

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Why do you hate Biology? Is it because of the teacher? Also if you keep French, are you able to improve on it? You also already know how to get a Band 6 for Biology, so I'd probably keep it if I was you, but again, you really hate it, but why?

crowley926

HSC
nah my teacher is awesome but i just find it extremely boring and I ceebs making notes or doing homework/pracs for it like I cannot stand it at all
If I keep French and legit work on it I could probably improve but idk whether to take the risk

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
nah my teacher is awesome but i just find it extremely boring and I ceebs making notes or doing homework/pracs for it like I cannot stand it at all
If I keep French and legit work on it I could probably improve but idk whether to take the risk
Just stick with Biology then, but how aren't you bothered making notes and you're confident you can get Band 6? You just use your teacher's notes?

crowley926

HSC
how aren't you bothered making notes and you're confident you can get Band 6?
not confident but I have a good chance if I try because it's not like a terribly difficult subject and I did pretty well last year when I actually tried so yeah

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
not confident but I have a good chance if I try because it's not like a terribly difficult subject and I did pretty well last year when I actually tried so yeah
Of course it's not a difficult subject, and I have a feeling that you will do better in Biology than French by the way you're speaking, so if I was you, get a good set of notes in Biology, memorise, and you're good to go.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
School rank, rank in respective subject(mention total number of student in subject)

Also consider past performance of students in externals..(HSC)

I.E say 52% of Biology students got a band 6, whereas 80% of french students got a band 6 then it might be smarter to go with that subject.

A raw grade such as A doesn't reveal much.

crowley926

HSC
School rank, rank in respective subject(mention total number of student in subject)
school rank is 6
rank in bio i have no idea but it's out of 40 but im guessing top 20?
rank in french 27/69

Ethicks

HSC
I have notes if you want them send me a PM - Everyone must love Biology! How could you consider dropping this gem?

crowley926

HSC
Keep French.
Drop Bio.

Source = personal experience.
hey thanks so much, i followed your advice (mainly bcos we do similar subjects so I thought you understand where I'm coming from more) and I'm so happy that I did and i've really improved in French so yea
thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)