Should I Drop a Subject? Please help... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,

I am currently doing the following subjects (13 units) and was thinking about dropping physics.

Maths 2U (96%- Rank 2)
Maths 3U (75%- dont know rank)
English Advanced(62%)
Economics (69%- Rank 3)
Chemistry(83%- Rank 3)
Physics (74%- Rank 4)
Software Design and Development (69%- Rank 1)

Is it safe to do 11 units, in terms of having a backup subject in case I stuff up something? Or would it be advisable to continue with 13 units. (I dont want to drop Maths 3U)

The only subject I consider dropping is physics, so will it affect the scaling significantly? (I am aiming for a UAI 93+)

What should I do? please advise.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
well lots of people at my school do 13 units so it shudn't b too bad if u are looking to keep 13, but if u want to drop something then u shud or if u think u cant cope with so many subjects

dinopoke

HSC
I suggest you keep physics. It looks as if you are on top of all you work fairly consistently so it's nice to have a backup subject just in case.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
well lots of people at my school do 13 units so it shudn't b too bad if u are looking to keep 13, but if u want to drop something then u shud or if u think u cant cope with so many subjects
Really? Who else does 13 Units apart from people like Thomas Wilson.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'd suggest you try doing 13 units for a while; see how you feel at the end of this term, then reconsider if you want to drop anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)