Should I do Music? (1 Viewer)

kcqn93

HSC
I'm considering of doing Music for years 11 and 12, and im just wondering if its worth it and is it hard?

I haven't done music before, and I play guitar... decently lol...

Cerry

HSC
It depends which course you're doing. If you've never done music before (although, I'm assuming that you did it in year 7 and 8, since it's compulsory), then I wouldn't attempt music 2, because you'll have a lot of theory to catch up on. Music 1, however, is actually pretty easy, and you don't really need a background in music, or even to be particularly competent at it. Only 30 or 40 marks of the total HSC are based on theory, and the rest can be any combination of performance, composition, and more theory.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If you have a genuine interest in it - then I don't see why not. :)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Dont do it. Music is the most boring subject in the world. It features too much composition and performance work in it. And if you dont like group work, then dont do it

-Anfernee-

HSC
I njoyed doing Music but that's only because i excelled in it.

HSC
nerdsforever said:
Dont do it. Music is the most boring subject in the world. It features too much composition and performance work in it. And if you dont like group work, then dont do it
music isnt boring..

i did it elective and enjoyed it alot..

that said, i had a really fun teacher which might
not have been the case for you..

if you have a genuine interest..then do music 1

~untitled~

HSC
HSC music is A LOT different to school certificate music.

If you didnt do music for 9/10 then i wouldnt suggest doing music 2 because chances are it will be too difficult for you, however if you do play the guitar well then music 1 should be fine, the theory in the course will be easy enough to pick up and you have the choice to weight 70% on practical.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
~untitled~ said:
HSC music is A LOT different to school certificate music.
Ditto for that. SC music is whatever your school decides to make of it.

asdf.cosmo

HSC
I do music 1 and I find it so much better than music in years 9 + 10. I LOVE music. You have to be confident with performance, composition and aural.
Performance = simple enough.
Composition = composing your own music using school programs in a style of music, I had to do a composition on "Australian" music so I had to copy a band's style.
Aural = viva voce. It's simply a discussion on music. You need to discuss the musical elements (duration, structure, texture, tone colour, dynamics and expressive techniques and pitch, which you will learn in year 11) from songs and so forth.

Music for me is a very rewarding subject, I'm currently coming 1st :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i found that there is/was like NO performance
its shit as
honestly i wouldnt do it if i had my choice again
but yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)