• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should I cut down on my hours if I want to do as well as possible in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

DavidL

HSC
From February 2015, I will be doing my HSC at TAFE, the preliminary and HSC courses for each subject will be taught in around 6 months. I currently work part-time for 25 hours per week. Bored of Studies, should I cut down on my hours if I want to do as well as possible in the HSC?

enoilgam

HSC
It really depends on your situation - are you supporting yourself?

enoilgam

HSC
Yes I am.
I'm assuming mature age student? Then it's probably best to keep up your hours, it shouldnt be too difficult to manage if you are driven. My aunty went back to uni in her 40s (she only finished year 10) and she managed to graduate with a Distinction average whilst working and looking after three teenagers.

DavidL

HSC
I'm assuming mature age student? Then it's probably best to keep up your hours, it shouldnt be too difficult to manage if you are driven. My aunty went back to uni in her 40s (she only finished year 10) and she managed to graduate with a Distinction average whilst working and looking after three teenagers.
I'm determined to succeed! Thank you enoilgam.

DavidL

HSC
I think you're more productive when you have more on, because there is a sense of urgency to complete tasks. The less you have, the more you tend to procrastinate.
Parkinson's Law?

HSC
I think you're more productive when you have more on, because there is a sense of urgency to complete tasks. The less you have, the more you tend to procrastinate.
I think I know what you're trying to say but it's more like pressure. For e.g. pressure to do something due the next day. But more going on doesn't really do anything

Kaido

be.
HSC
When you have time on your hands, you become complacent and procrastinate
When you don't have as much time, you're likely to stick to a strict routine and complete the required tasks.

GL bro :D

DavidL

HSC
When you have time on your hands, you become complacent and procrastinate
When you don't have as much time, you're likely to stick to a strict routine and complete the required tasks.

GL bro :D
Thank you Kaido!

kyusungasong

HSC
HSC should be your main priority at the moment if money problems are not dire. Being a student should be a primary occupation.

DavidL

HSC
Thank you for the advice kyusungasong but I have decided to continue working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)