Should I buy Ipod Nano? (1 Viewer)

Should I buy Ipod Nano?

• Total voters

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Because with the student discount you can get an extra 2 gigs worth for $70 less (which I don't know if its offered anymore but second-hand ipods would be cheaper).
who wants a second hand mini? 2nd hand nanos would also be cheaper
the student discount isn't offered on minis anymore because apple don't sell them

so the real post is:
$299 4gig mini
$359 4gig nano, with discount is 323.10

for $23 more you get all quirks of the nano

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
who wants a second hand mini? 2nd hand nanos would also be cheaper
the student discount isn't offered on minis anymore because apple don't sell them

so the real post is:
$299 4gig mini
$359 4gig nano, with discount is 323.10

for $23 more you get all quirks of the nano
Theres anothing wrong with second iPODs. Saw one on another forum for $180 (4gigs/latest gen). Sure you can probably get a second hand nano but it wont be less than $300 at this moment and not as cheap since its new, only after a few months or so will the price drop considerably.

Are they planning on releasing anything smaller in the future? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

aaaman

Banned
HSC
biggles04 said:
Don't waste your money on something that will snap in half the first time you touch it.
Sure, it may be easy to take ABSOLUTELY ANYWHERE but there are terrible things that can happen because of this.

Save some money, buy a bigger, sturdier MP3 player.
I recommend the brand Creative or whatever it is.
the creative's are gold they actually do all these harsh tests to their products before they release them unlike apple where they release once they got something like i dont see any mult generation mp3 players from creative. also creative have a stronger version on the ipod video coming here soon

if you do really wanna have a look for a high quality mp3 player than research dont go wiv the crowd like a sheep with out researching for you mp3. as for me i got a creative zen touch with a 1000's of scratches and it still hasnt failed me, the worst placed i dropped it was from my hand being 2 metres high from a fite wiv my sister to a marble floor. NOW THATS A CREATIVE...TAKE THAT NANNO :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
aaaman said:
the creative's are gold they actually do all these harsh tests to their products before they release them unlike apple where they release once they got something like i dont see any mult generation mp3 players from creative. also creative have a stronger version on the ipod video coming here soon

if you do really wanna have a look for a high quality mp3 player than research dont go wiv the crowd like a sheep with out researching for you mp3. as for me i got a creative zen touch with a 1000's of scratches and it still hasnt failed me, the worst placed i dropped it was from my hand being 2 metres high from a fite wiv my sister to a marble floor. NOW THATS A CREATIVE...TAKE THAT NANNO :p
Read and learn.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

If you're going to continue to insult the Nano's durability then I shall assume you can't read.

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
Don't buy creative.. they are VERY crap. I went through 2 of them, the hard drive failed both times.
I moved to an iPod mini, and lasted me a very long time, and now I've got a 20GB U2 iPod and I love it. Hasn't failed on me once, which is nothing like I could say for the Creative product I had. I have treated both the creative, and the ipods the same... I've still got my 2nd creative one, but its dead as a doornail, wont even run a scan disk on the drive anymore.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
wat creative one you got, i got the zen touch and as 4 that guy with the post. apple made a press statment that only 1 in 30 ipod nannos fail and if they muck up they will replace you 1

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
I have a 4gig ipod nano, works ok, no scratches yet, battery life isn't too bad but i'd like it if I could turn the damn thing off without having to flick back to sleep mode everytime I accidentally touch the pad.

Would I buy it again? Probably not, I enjoy being able to copy mp3s without needing software installed on the PC to do it and i'm not a fan of the plug.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah i got it! I like it except for that it's very easy to get scratched.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LeftrightOut said:
I have a 4gig ipod nano, works ok, no scratches yet, battery life isn't too bad but i'd like it if I could turn the damn thing off without having to flick back to sleep mode everytime I accidentally touch the pad.
Well you could put it in HOLD to prevent it turning on I think- or just use the shortcut of holding down the PLAY button to turn it off. Well that's how it is on the normal iPod.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
y dont u just get the ipod video??...does ne1 noe if its out in aus yet??/ atm im using the sony hd1...its ok (20g,30hrs batterylife and it looks aite)...but yeah i wanna buy the ipod video wen it comes out in aus

nitro.vo

HSC
buy ipod video instead for a few $$ more. trust me, you will have plenty of space then if you bought a nano..nano in size..nano in space.

HSC
I've got a 4GB black iPod Nano and it's gr8! I look after my things, so it still isn't scratched or damaged at all, after 6 weeks. It holds a perfect amount of songs + photos for me, and I love it! :) Also, the colour screen is great, and the detail in the games is excellent!!

HSC
I think if you were going to buy a nano, you'd be better off buying a ipod video.

Anyway, don't buy any of the first batch of any iPod range, they're almost always bound to have some flaw which they tweak and fix for the later generations.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i just saw my first iPod nano, and its not all that great, as i thought it be... its very easily scratchable... my cousins, is like woah, "what did u do to it? its like a grey screen rather than a clear one... :p

i rather the iPod video if i opt to buy another one :p

MajinR

Procrastination Master
HSC
get an ipod nano...if your looking for size and space then get it, no point in buying something like 20GB and never using the space...its like a waste of money...and even if it is first gen and something happens to it, you can get it replaced or fixed by apple...plus apple wouldn't make something thatll snap like a twig, reason why people would buy this is because of the size and features...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)