Should Australia be a Republic? (1 Viewer)

Do you support an Australian Republic? If so which model would you pick?

• Yes-Model 1

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Yes-Model 2

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Yes-Model 3

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Yes-Model 4

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • Yes-Model 5

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Yes-Model 6

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Iron I'm surprised you are so content with one of them being our head of state. I see no reason for the Crown to hold the constitutional powers that it does and would happilly see most of them transfered to the CJ of the High Court, The Prime Minister, The President of the Senate and in some cases just abolished. I would be very interested to know what contributions The Crown has made to Australia since November 11 1975 and at what cost to the Australian tax payer?
Sup Lenturd! I appreciated your criteria for dealing with Iron a while back. Kudos!

My feeling is that the Australian climate makes the anglo mind lazy and unmotivated. No Australian institution could ever attain the gravity of the monarchy and without it there would be a gaping hole in our legal system which would be filled very quickly by
aaasians

We want the Queen on that wall, we need her on that wall

Lentern

HSC
But what happens after the Queen? No son of Dianna will ever be my leader.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
No he's just, in economic terms, a liberal. In normal speak he's greedy.
Not wanting to have my paycheck being taken off me to pay for a stupid bogan to have her dozenth child does not constitute "greed".

Read some Ayn Rand FFS.

Lentern

HSC
Not wanting to have my paycheck being taken off me to pay for a stupid bogan to have her dozenth child does not constitute "greed".

Read some Ayn Rand FFS.
No it means you think the single mothers working two jobs who walks the last six blocks home so that she can afford her childs glasses should now have to walk seven blocks home so you can sip your Napoleon Brandy, vet all your clothes made by Balmain and go on holidays to Juan-Les-Pins.

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
But what happens after the Queen? No son of Dianna will ever be my leader.
After the Queen will come a son of the Queen, and only after he has passed, and he is only 60 now with a lot of long lived genes in his ancestry so maybe in another 30 years or so a child of Diana's could become the King.

By then I think Australia will definitely be a Republic.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
No it means you think the single mothers working two jobs who walks the last six blocks home so that she can afford her childs glasses should now have to walk seven blocks home so you can drink sip your Napoleon Brandy, et all your clothes made by Balmain and go on holidays to Juan-Les-Pins.
If you mean I think I deserve the right to spend the money I earn, then yeah, you're right.

Lentern

HSC
If you mean I think I deserve the right to spend the money I earn, then yeah, you're right.
See now that greedy kind of language is exactly why you can't be trusted with money and as such why the government should take it and let the experts decide what to do with it. You're either far too greedy or stupid to use it right.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
See now that greedy kind of language is exactly why you can't be trusted with money and as such why the government should take it and let the experts decide what to do with it. You're either far too greedy or stupid to use it right.
You're fucking shitting me, right?

Why the fuck would I even try and work hard or try to achieve anything in my career if the money I work hard to earn is going to be taken off me to pay for some bogan morons who keep popping out children and contribute nothing to society, unlike myself?

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
I think there should be an "Objectivist death squad tax".

And because I'm an equal opportunist, we can create one for damn dirty commies as well.

Lentern

HSC
You're fucking shitting me, right?

Why the fuck would I even try and work hard or try to achieve anything in my career if the money I work hard to earn is going to be taken off me to pay for some bogan morons who keep popping out children and contribute nothing to society, unlike myself?
Because you're a patriotic Australian who puts himself second. If not Pauline will happilly drive you to the airport.

Last edited:

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Hehe, I'm an old fashioned monarchist.

Long live Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her heirs and successors according to law! :D

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
Fuck the Queen. Fuck her. For the love of God what does she even do for the united kingdom let alone Australia.

Seriously, Charles is the biggest sped ever.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
man, the queen ain't as fit as she used to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)