Should Alcohol be sold After Midnight? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yes I think it should, although what could possibly work is the stopping of large sales of drinks. Selling only one drink per person per time (which reduces shouts) and possibly not selling shots or pitchers, would at least slow down the drinking and give people time to think before they buy again. That is in clubs and bars.

In bottleshops (if any are open then) I'm not entirely sure.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
oh alcohol is sold in pubs etc after midnight i'm fairly sure in a whole bunch of places that have licences...

I'm talking about buying alcohol from a bottleshop past midnight, which currently isn't allowed.
Seriously i was faced with this situation one time and i felt like i might as well take up pot, at least i can find someone selling that at midnight.

Lorie

HSC
yeah of course it should, and bugger the whole stoppping shouts and all that. The bars and bottle shops are out to make a profit as well, and if the governments keep bringing in restrictions it will result in people stopping going in to the industry and in turn lost jobs.

I know in Queensland they have a law for clubs and bars that the maximum alcohole licence is 23 hours, meaning that for at least 1 hour a day the place isn't allowed to sell booze, but the places normally do this at about 5am, so it doesn't reall impact the place.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well i dont drink and dont plan on drinking so this dosent affect me..........also y would u want to buy after midnite? buy all ur damn alcohol during the day.....

edit: i do agree to limiting the amount of drinks ppl can have.........they shouldnt be allowed to let ppl get pissed

Last edited:

stace212

I think it should be.... half the time we cant be bothered to get off our backsides to go get alchomohol till after midnight, or only just before, then we end up driving round to find somewhere, and by the time we get there they wont sell it. Meh.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Which stops spontaneous drinking, if they limited the amount you could buy (yes I like that idea :p) it could work but then it means that they have to buy smaller bottles etc, which might not work.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wtf is wrong with spontaneous drinking? I want to get drunk! why else would i get drunk? i've pre-planned "ok now at 6pm i'll feel like getting drunk".

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No man i don't get that pissed... i drink alot and it just seems to get people more into a partying mood (if they start acting like dicks they can fuck off).

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hell, I wouldn't want to be the one selling drinks at a bottleshop through TIL and PAST midnight on fridays and saturdays.

Sitting there...

Alone...

Knowing everyone else is having a good time...

Lol.

Lorie

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Hell, I wouldn't want to be the one selling drinks at a bottleshop through TIL and PAST midnight on fridays and saturdays.

Sitting there...

Alone...

Knowing everyone else is having a good time...

Lol.

they get paid for it

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
drinking is bad for u........after watching the dude next to my mum in the hospital almost coughing up his liver from drinking alcohol i realised how bad its affects are down the track......even if u drink in small quantities...down the track it all adds up.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Actually as long as u don't binge drink it's not that bad.... you can drink 1-2 standard drinks a day and alot of studies have shown it's beneficial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)