should a guy be persistant about asking a girl out (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
theres this one guy at uni who's persistant with me despite my boyfriend.

I've never felt so disgusted in my life

at first I was flattered... but its so ongoing. I've even had to be upfront, and now? I have to be harsh, cuz he just won't fuck off.

"please don't touch me ever again. it seriously SHITS ME"

(was the last thing I've said to him so far)

but anyway, not related to you much, but if you ever somehow go to that extreme, expect to be hated with great passion.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
never... if the answer is no, ease off.

the girl will think you are a desperate weirdo otherwise... :/

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Tell her:

"As you know I've recently developed a liking towards you and I am going to ask you out, but before you answer you must know that your rejection will lead to me constantly asking - Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you go out with me? Will you......"
LOL Simpsons reference...simpsons references get ya in my good books :)

but seriously the chick may need a lil convincing, she may say no once to make sure she doesn't appear desperate...but if she continues saying no and it isnt in a flirty way she obviously means it

NO means NO

No *giggle or flirtacious comment* means maybe

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
i can sum up this topic with a Malazn Pleasure classic quote.....

"never try to keep someone that does not want to keep you"

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
Usually when a person says no - believe it or not - they mean no. Continously asking someone out will not persuade them to go out with you - probably quite the contrary. You would cause them to believe you are mentally unstable and emotionally inexperienced. Not a good idea.

aek

Banned
HSC
james_chappo said:
Usually when a person says no - believe it or not - they mean no. Continously asking someone out will not persuade them to go out with you - probably quite the contrary. You would cause them to believe you are mentally unstable and emotionally inexperienced. Not a good idea.
Well it all depends on the lady . . . you might be a very good looking guy and thus, she's intimidated , , , which means she doesn't want to look desperate and she actually WANTS you to persist on. But then again, she might not like you at all. Just act like you don't care about her and add the occasional flirt.

Smiley =]

HSC
wow you are really like a guy that i know!!! and i mean...REALLY like this guy i know! same situation and all.....freaky...

elfm

HSC
what if a girl says that she's busy (probable lie), but didn't actually say 'no' even after telling her that should could say 'no' if she wanted to (I said this after she said she was busy and after a bit of convincing... it's not like the first thing i said to her when i called her up :p)? it was pretty obvious she was lying about being busy because of the way she said it, but even after nearly a year since asking her out, i'm still having dreams about her (mind you, not wet dreams - just dreams of taking her out on our first date. haha, i know i'm lame.)... but i don't have the courage to ask her out again, nor do i get the chance to see/talk to her often because of differing unis :/

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
but why.... said:
alright lads ladies and the strange guy in the back, thats right sicko i'm talking to you. WELLCOME i'm john doe. ok now that were all friendly like i will pose my question.

now i recently asked a girl out sadly i was regected, however she was nice about (great girl), now since this poor misfortune occured i have had a discussion with a friend who will shall call " the clown" (nice guy) now he seems to think that dispite this girls rejection i should keep at it and try and win her what do you think???

now to clarify somethings. firstly i'm not as weird as my typing suggests i am indeed fairly good friends with this girl and as fair as looks gos i'd say were on a similar level if not shes a lil bit better looking but yeah. finally i don't plan to keep 'courting' this girl dispite whatever advice i get becuase i feel i should respect her opinion.

however i still wish to see this question answered.

becuase this is such a long post ill clarify my question...

should a guy make like the movies and not accept a girls first regection and continue to try and win her (within reason... NO stalking, *stares at guy in back*) or should he accept it and move on....

ok people thats it reply
no, stop wasting your time and get over it you fag

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i wouldn't keep on asking...
its kindov a HUGE turn off when they don't accept ur first answer...
in my experience friendships die down and become non existant when the guy is too forceful...
but on the other hand if u sense that she is just messing with u and really wants u...
wait a bit...
and a bit more...
and then if she still does, green light- gooo! lol
good luck buddi
(its cool u guys have a solid friendship going:))

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
but why.... said:
alright lads ladies and the strange guy in the back, thats right sicko i'm talking to you. WELLCOME i'm john doe. ok now that were all friendly like i will pose my question.

now i recently asked a girl out sadly i was regected, however she was nice about (great girl), now since this poor misfortune occured i have had a discussion with a friend who will shall call " the clown" (nice guy) now he seems to think that dispite this girls rejection i should keep at it and try and win her what do you think???

now to clarify somethings. firstly i'm not as weird as my typing suggests i am indeed fairly good friends with this girl and as fair as looks gos i'd say were on a similar level if not shes a lil bit better looking but yeah. finally i don't plan to keep 'courting' this girl dispite whatever advice i get becuase i feel i should respect her opinion.

becuase this is such a long post ill clarify my question...

should a guy make like the movies and not accept a girls first regection and continue to try and win her (within reason... NO stalking, *stares at guy in back*) or should he accept it and move on....

ok people thats it reply
Jesus christ

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
but why.... said:
now i recently asked a girl out sadly i was regected

should a guy make like the movies and not accept a girls first regection and continue to try and win her
a no means a no.

why don't people get that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)