Shortlisted for Young Writers Showcase (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
robo3687 said:
i just got off the phone with the BOS and they asked for my permission to include my work in the 2006 showcase.....

huzzah....

of course i said yes....lol
Really?!!!! Holy fuck. Congratulations!

robo3687

Tired
HSC
hold on....i don't know now.....

im being given hints that it was a prank....and if it was it is a very fucking cruel prank.....

actually yes it as a prank....

i am none too happy.....

Last edited:

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
robo3687 said:
hold on....i don't know now.....

im being given hints that it was a prank....and if it was it is a very fucking cruel prank.....
Ahhh fuck. If it is a prank, it would have to be about the cruelest prank one could pull on an extension 2er. Shit, I feel sorry for you if it is. If you want me to help you murder the pranksters, just pm me.

robo3687

Tired
HSC
the pranksters were my fellow 3 and 4 unit english students who are presently at our teachers house doing some english stuff (i couldn't go cos i am not feelin too well)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I got my letter some time during the HSC I think, or between the HSC and my formal which was at the end of november, so I doubt anything this early would be legit. Also the only phonecall I ever got about the showcase was early this year before it was published to finalise the format of my mw so dont pay too much attention if someone calls you, the first you should hear about the showcase should be in a letter from the Board.

And yeah thats a horrible joke for someone to play.

And no you didnt need to get 50 for your internal mark to get into the showcase, I didnt get that and actually I wasnt even ranked first. Our teachers were asses :D

gorgo31

HSC
super katie said:
I got my letter some time during the HSC I think, or between the HSC and my formal which was at the end of november, so I doubt anything this early would be legit.
That's what I'd heard too, but for some reason I was under the impression that they call you and then send out a letter. Ah well. Takes longer, but waiting for a letter is certainly more suspenseful!

BTW, I loved your major work, probably as I am a big Eliot and Ginny Woolf fan. I found your RS exceptional, and the first sentence so perfectly simplistic that I actually copied it for my USYD Scholarship application (replaced poetry with "the humanities" - me sucking up to an Arts faculty). Hope you don't mind :D

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Haha no not at all, I think I said something along those lines too for my USYD scholarship application last year. And thanks cherryblossom too :D now i'm going to get out of bed and trip over my ego!

HSC
N/A
*sings a sweet hymn to make Katie's this moment extra-special*

That prank was absolutely downright mean, and I hope karma bites them on the butt... HARD. Hope you're feeling better now, both physically and emotionally. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
Wow, all you people vying to get into the showcase. I'm envious. I'm convinced I have gotten 20/50 :(
NO WAY! Top band!111!! If anyone would get that low a score its me - seriously, don't worry, your work is fantastic!And if by some chance you dont get a great score then I'll kidnap the EE2 markers and hold them ransom till you do.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
kami said:
NO WAY! Top band!111!! If anyone would get that low a score its me - seriously, don't worry, your work is fantastic!And if by some chance you dont get a great score then I'll kidnap the EE2 markers and hold them ransom till you do.
Augh, I am just plagued with self-doubt!!!!!!! No way, you will not get a low score, or my protest will take on epic proportions, unseen before on this planet.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
Augh, I am just plagued with self-doubt!!!!!!! No way, you will not get a low score, or my protest will take on epic proportions, unseen before on this planet.
Are we gonna fight over who's got the worst work now?:p Your work was great, and a good handful of uni students would wish that they could hand something that good in for an assignment - so don't worry!
lol, It seems that EE2 BoS class of 05 will just have to bodily assault the marking centres if any of us get a low score:D

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Why oh why would I do something like that monsieur? *sends subliminal messages into the populace to take down the markers* SREKRAM EHT TLUASSA!!
Oh, and since you're custom status is just asking for it...Hi Alan! I'm Evan! *waves*:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)