Sharing essays? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Cem , are we allowed to choose different modules than the ones our school did because I did different texts at tutor? My teacher said we can but it isnt advised..
Your teacher is correct. You can do different modules than ones assigned by your school, but it isn't recommended.

o_0

HSC
hi cem,
i was wondering if hsc markers have a copy of past essays?
for example, if a student was to replicate the same essay from someone who did their hsc in 2009, would it be obvious?

interesting

HSC
N/A
hi cem,
for example, if a student was to replicate the same essay from someone who did their hsc in 2009, would it be obvious?
i wouldn't risk it if i were you.. i knew someone that got caught out but i dont know if he copied word for word or just used the same ideas and notes

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I think the answer to a lot of these questions is:

Write your own damn essays

If you think you may be plagiarising, you probably are. Don't try and work out exactly how much you can get away with, you're doing yourselves no favours in the long run.

herbs1

HSC
hi cem,
Yes, especially if it was a top response in one of those booklets

because you didn't study it at school. They assume that not everyone goes to tutors so it would be a waste to choose something else
This, its simple. You study texts in more detail in school, and can talk with student etc for help.

May I ask why it isn't recommended?

TorMental

HSC
I sometimes combine multiple essays together and rewording every paragraph in my own words + complemented with my own knowledge and style of writing.

Just don't copy an essay WORD for WORD, and how the hell are the teachers goin to be like 'thats plagiarism.' Know that theres a difference with 'common knowledge' i.e. something that everyone should know if they 'studied the topic' or somethin out of the blue that no student will know about.

Theres so many students doin the HSC, so like everyone said, similarity is always a given. It means you are gettin the right idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)