Seriously Does Anybody Miss George Bush or not? (1 Viewer)

Sayangliss

HSC
Regarding censoring of information, we live with more free speech then alot of other nations. Simply put, I'm not that suspecious and with the world wide web at anyone's disposal, censoring information is almost impossible (well that is until Senator Conroy and his stupid legislation gets a foolish pass). You yourself is proof of that ability to obtain various sorts of information.

I don't have much of an opinion about Obama's cabinet yet, besides the fact that most within already have former experience in regards to their post. It is too early to tell in relation to the full capability of the Obama administration. However, I believe that his ability to provide people hope is more of a good thing then bad. If this 'change dogma' is to provide optimism, why should it not be used? It seems Obama has initiated on change, but one can always question, how much change is he willing to provide. It makes me feel sorry for him however, since there are so much expectations riding with him and only a knifes' edge chance of him fufilling them all.

M.L. King brought hope and a determination to stand for change in regards to civil rights. Obama is compared to him because some sees Obama in such a light as well, even if for different issues. Obama has leaders throughout the world hoping he is the person to allow various nations to improve their relations with America - chance for change. As for the comparisons with Kennedy, well, I'm going to wait and see.

Trying to bring this a little more on topic; through the actions of George W. Bush, many had lost hope in this man that stood up with his own stance against the 'war on terrorism'. Not saying all his decisions, particularly during the final years of his governance, was right, but he did what he thought was best for his country.

Maybe one day people might decide that Bush did leave some good after effects.... maybe.

prime-factor

HSC
Yes. We do live a nation with more freedoms than others. However, the plans of censorship of internet based content in Australia has been compared by some to that of China. You seem to be aware of this too :).

But, at the same time, I do stand testament to the fact that information is available to an extent (currently). Although I feel that alot of information is being censored still.

Providing hope is a great thing and should be commended. But hope based on promises that cannot be reasonably fulfilled in the way he has portrayed them is false hope. Providing people with optimism insofar as if he doesn't walk on water by weeks end people will be devastated is wrong.

Also the change dogma that has been relentlessly perpetuated by Obama and his cult-like following has made the word hope lost its meaning and substance. It has become a buzz-word as opposed to being used to say something real. This also sets up an ideal situation for any government; the president is loved and has become a savior. Why is this ideal?. Because his administration can undertake operations that Bush would have been destroyed for (In the sense that people would object strongly).

And regardless, Obama is just the front-man. Alot of these so called 'changes' will probably not go ahead and many people will still follow like Obama-Zombies. It's the same letter being sent back and forth, but the only thing changing each time is the envelope if you get the analogy. I feel sorry for the American people, not Obama.

samwell

HSC
Does anybody srsly think that they would allow a non-citizen to run 4 presidency? furthermore Mc Cain would have brought it up in the campaign. Ua story(conspiracy) mayb true but how dumb must America be to let a guy run 4 president without citizenship. And if this conspiracy was actually a serious thing many pple would have brought it up in campaign rallies.

Also i thought he should automatically be a citizen. Most countries do acknowledge citizenship by birth.

Looks like pple are already judging his presidency in his first week of office. Well we have to wait and see. The economy will be a b!@ch to repair in america.

EDIT: I thought Obama was pushing 4 transparency citing it as the main reason for the closing of Guantanamo bay.

prime-factor

HSC
'Ua story(conspiracy) mayb true but how dumb must America be to let a guy run 4 president without citizenship. And if this conspiracy was actually a serious thing many pple would have brought it up in campaign rallies.'

Hi there. Firstly in order not to offend anyone unintentionally I won't answer the first question. In regards to people bringing up the issue. It has been brought up by numerous individuals, groups and lawyers that filed cases (note these have been dismissed).

'Also i thought he should automatically be a citizen. Most countries do acknowledge citizenship by birth.'

There is still large speculation as to where he was born. I don't know, nor do I have an opinion since this is a facts based thing. But I find it odd that so many issues surrounded Obama's birth certificates and eligibility.

'Looks like pple are already judging his presidency in his first week of office. Well we have to wait and see. The economy will be a b!@ch to repair in america.'

That makes sense. After all most people do care what happens in their country and are interested in global affairs. So of course people will make judgments. And the economy is beyond repair since money is being printed out of thin air.

'EDIT: I thought Obama was pushing 4 transparency citing it as the main reason for the closing of Guantanamo bay.'

You'd probably be aware of the plans to send the prisoners to Australia?.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
'Ua story(conspiracy) mayb true but how dumb must America be to let a guy run 4 president without citizenship. And if this conspiracy was actually a serious thing many pple would have brought it up in campaign rallies.'

Hi there. Firstly in order not to offend anyone unintentionally I won't answer the first question. In regards to people bringing up the issue. It has been brought up by numerous individuals, groups and lawyers that filed cases (note these have been dismissed).

'Also i thought he should automatically be a citizen. Most countries do acknowledge citizenship by birth.'

There is still large speculation as to where he was born. I don't know, nor do I have an opinion since this is a facts based thing. But I find it odd that so many issues surrounded Obama's birth certificates and eligibility.

'Looks like pple are already judging his presidency in his first week of office. Well we have to wait and see. The economy will be a b!@ch to repair in america.'

That makes sense. After all most people do care what happens in their country and are interested in global affairs. So of course people will make judgments. And the economy is beyond repair since money is being printed out of thin air.

'EDIT: I thought Obama was pushing 4 transparency citing it as the main reason for the closing of Guantanamo bay.'

You'd probably be aware of the plans to send the prisoners to Australia?.
Bloodly learn to quote!

Sayangliss

HSC
Yes. We do live a nation with more freedoms than others. However, the plans of censorship of internet based content in Australia has been compared by some to that of China. You seem to be aware of this too :).

But, at the same time, I do stand testament to the fact that information is available to an extent (currently). Although I feel that alot of information is being censored still.
Go live in China for a while, then come back and assume information is being censored. The Chinese Communist government will censor information without your knowledge. They even censored parts of something as major as Obama's inauguration speech because it contained a one line content against communism.

I do not support Senator Conroy's stupid attempt to censor what he classifies as "unwanted content" but right now, be glad you live with a system that allows you to be suspicious.
prime-factor said:
Also the change dogma that has been relentlessly perpetuated by Obama and his cult-like following has made the word hope lost its meaning and substance.
Which definition of 'cult' are you referring to? If its cult where its "a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs" then I think not. Its not small when many from most parts of the world like him. That's popularity and it's what Politicians live on. Just because you choose not to believe, does not mean the word 'hope' has lost its meaning and substance to everyone else.

wrxsti said:
Bloodly learn to quote!
:haha::haha:

prime-factor

HSC
Go live in China for a while, then come back and assume information is being censored. The Chinese Communist government will censor information without your knowledge. They even censored parts of something as major as Obama's inauguration speech because it contained a one line content against communism.

I do not support Senator Conroy's stupid attempt to censor what he classifies as "unwanted content" but right now, be glad you live with a system that allows you to be suspicious.

Which definition of 'cult' are you referring to? If its cult where its "a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs" then I think not. Its not small when many from most parts of the world like him. That's popularity and it's what Politicians live on. Just because you choose not to believe, does not mean the word 'hope' has lost its meaning and substance to everyone else.

:haha::haha:

Have you actually looked at the Australian Government's plan for censorship?. Why don't you investigate this before telling me something as silly as to go live in China for a while. My point is based on factual evidence of the government's actual plans. And this goes beyond 'Senator Conroy'. It is supported by people with much more power. Comparing two wrongs and coming to the conclusion that one is okay because it's 'less' wrong startles me.

'A cult following is a group of fans devoted to a specific area of pop culture.' ~Wikipedia.

Firstly, a cult following usually does refer to a small group of people. But many people have developed a 'cult-like' following of Mr. Obama. Just watch their faces during speeches, the people that will support him no matter what you tell them. Obama's face has been printed on hundreds of shirts, sweaters, hats and shoes by numerous well known clothes companies in America. He was on the latest edition of Spider man which sold out in the first day in America. He has become a prominent figure in pop culture. Like you see shirts/hats with Che Guevara, Kennedy etx, Obama has been portrayed in much the same way.

Okay. Let's check. HOPE. HOPE. HOPE. HOPE. HOPE. HOPE. CHANGE. CHANGE. CHANGE. HOPE. HOPE. All they have become are buzz-words which aren't used to provide anything real.

prime-factor

HSC
Sorry. I thought you were referring to the song which is the link you posted.

I agree with you about him being a cult of personality as defined by:

Cult of personality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'A cult of personality or personality cult arises when a country's leader uses mass media to create a heroic public image through unquestioning flattery and praise. Cults of personality are often found in dictatorships. A cult of personality is similar to general hero worship, except that it is created specifically for political leaders. However, the term may be applied by analogy to refer to adulation of religious or non-political leaders.'

Schroedinger you are 100% right and a f****'en legend.

Sayangliss

HSC
Have you actually looked at the Australian Government's plan for censorship?. Why don't you investigate this before telling me something as silly as to go live in China for a while. My point is based on factual evidence of the government's actual plans. And this goes beyond 'Senator Conroy'. It is supported by people with much more power. Comparing two wrongs and coming to the conclusion that one is okay because it's 'less' wrong startles me.
I'm bit confused. Are you talking about current plans or are you talking about future plans?

For the comparisons to China, I was referring to our current, non filtered internet.
If you think the comparisons to China is about the future legislation then I am sorry but you are mistaken. I have read about the proposed legislation, and I know its beyond Senator Conroy, but he's the one proposing it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I didn't care enough about Bush when he was in power to even notice that he's gone.

Missing Howard though. Luv'd Howard and Costello.

Lentern

HSC
I didn't care enough about Bush when he was in power to even notice that he's gone.

Missing Howard though. Luv'd Howard and Costello.
Which is weird because it seems to becoming more apparent that one was reluctant and bitter to placate his namby pamby socially progressive idealogue deputy and the other was unhappy to have to toe the line of an old quasi fascist racist under whom Australia would never see the eager young deputies dreams realised. I mean if you'd said "I miss Howard and Reith" or "I miss Costello and Turnbull" It would make more sense. Actually I'd prefer it just because I like to reach out to the moderate liberals and when someone who likes Howard says they also like Costello it makes it much harder for me to tolerate Costello.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Which is weird because it seems to becoming more apparent that one was reluctant and bitter to placate his namby pamby socially progressive idealogue deputy and the other was unhappy to have to toe the line of an old quasi fascist racist under whom Australia would never see the eager young deputies dreams realised. I mean if you'd said "I miss Howard and Reith" or "I miss Costello and Turnbull" It would make more sense. Actually I'd prefer it just because I like to reach out to the moderate liberals and when someone who likes Howard says they also like Costello it makes it much harder for me to tolerate Costello.
Will you fucking shut up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)