Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2009) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Still working on my lesson plans.

Although I have 4.5/6 done, which is an improvement on this morning I suppose.

Gay. Gay and fail and aids.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The computers on level 2 at Fisher are so fucking awful and slow, everything's very slow and buggy for the first 5 mins and it's almost impossible to be on two different programs at once. Don't even get me started on the charming 5 minute limit on the printing computers, which when I finally got my email attachment to open in word, had kicked me off, with only five minutes left to relogin, print it and run to hand it in.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hello thar scarybunny

how is CEREMONY cosmic doris?
i like it. writing up some notes now. lot's of faggy material that the english people will prolly liek me thinks.
lol uh oh

still haven't started, need to get this unit of work programmed first. 2/6 lessons done so far, rest more or less planned out. woo.

$50 says I won't end up studying for this exam until sunday night/monday morning. Shame really I was going so well in an English unit for once. eh.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
The computers on level 2 at Fisher are so fucking awful and slow, everything's very slow and buggy for the first 5 mins and it's almost impossible to be on two different programs at once. Don't even get me started on the charming 5 minute limit on the printing computers, which when I finally got my email attachment to open in word, had kicked me off, with only five minutes left to relogin, print it and run to hand it in.
+1

plus they have the download limit

stick to level 3 fisher

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol I don't even know how to log in to those computers anymore

they changed the login screen from last year and I suddenly fail at getting in

level 3 FTW

lala2

Banned
HSC
also, study is shocking. i allocated one day per subject, and thus far its taken me four days to do chemistry. so i have to somehow cram my four other subjects in over the weekend whilst working double shifts

:(
I know it's late notice, but can you at least drop one shift? Or just call in sick.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah pretty sure I'm gonna go. Oh fuck just remembered I have a 21st that night ffs

lala2

Banned
HSC
zomg so glad I went in yesterday and bought the textbook I did buy, and borrowed the textbook I did borrow. They are written in simple language and lay out the topics really well. Ok, I shall not be scared of textbooks anymore. They'll make writing out my notes a lot faster. Best $117.30 spent ever.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ugh pre-employment urine test today. Goony, can you tell me whether they test employees during the course of their employment as well?

Studying operating systems. 70% of the exam marks are allocated to stuff from 3 lectures. This is just silly.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
tonight's task: somehow shape what is probably 6 lessons worth of work if looked at realistically, into two lessons.

coffee time yo

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Just started the study for elec circuit design. Really underestimated the amount of content. Also, watching the flood of frantic pre-exam posts in the once dormant discussion boards on webct for all my other subjects.

Ugh pre-employment urine test today. Goony, can you tell me whether they test employees during the course of their employment as well?

Studying operating systems. 70% of the exam marks are allocated to stuff from 3 lectures. This is just silly.
Hey so you got the 'meet and greet' over and done already? They do random urine and BAC tests, however, since there are only like a handful of testing officers and some 14,000 employees, only expect to get tested once a year max. I've only been BAC tested once in the 7 months i've been here.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hey so you got the 'meet and greet' over and done already? They do random urine and BAC tests, however, since there are only like a handful of testing officers and some 14,000 employees, only expect to get tested once a year max. I've only been BAC tested once in the 7 months i've been here.
Yeah meet and greet done with, there were more positions than interviewees, and about twice as many positions available in software/signalling as there were software people, plus I think I did well so I'd say I'm hired so long as nothing suss came up on the medical. No problems with turning up to work sober, but no weed for the rest of ever because urine tests can pick it up for a month afterwards seems less than amazing. Will deal.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Yeah meet and greet done with, there were more positions than interviewees, and about twice as many positions available in software/signalling as there were software people, plus I think I did well so I'd say I'm hired so long as nothing suss came up on the medical. No problems with turning up to work sober, but no weed for the rest of ever because urine tests can pick it up for a month afterwards seems less than amazing. Will deal.
Yup pretty much everyone who gets to the meet and greet is in. congrats is an order. On another note, it looks like heaps of engineering sections are really short staffed nowadays. Mostly due to engineers retiring (Youngest guy in my section besides myself is 52).

And yeah no more turning up to work with a hangover or with space cakes in your system, but i guess that's how they roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)