• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

selective school (1 Viewer)

A l

HSC
N/A
coolkoombaya said:
some more info:
Sefton High exams in year 11 and year 12( i fink), go for 2 weeks long. about 2 subjects a day, science exams are 2 hours long, along with english and maths.
all exams have 5 minutes reading time. the rest of the subjects are about 1.5 hours long. if u dun have an exam on the day, u dun have to be at school, (means u can stay home and study or wateva). u have half yearlies and yearlies.

ive done this for year 11, but mite be differnt in year 12. i reckon it helps prepare u for year 12, cos it gets u used to the exam formats.
Don't all (selective) schools do that?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yes most schools do, although some schools make you go to school days you don't have exams it really does depend. For my half yearlies they were over a week and the days you didn't have an exam you attended normal classes.

coolkoombaya for someone that attends a selective school you sure use a lot of txt speak which makes what your trying to say a whole lot harder to read...

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
coolkoombaya said:
ha yeah, u noe wat i learnt? well not really learnt, but i got reminded not too judge stuff b4 u noe them. (haha hypocritcail cos i fink i was telling ppl to do dat too). so i shoudlnt judge stuff (ie. fort street), by just one person. as in, if sum fag goes fort, that doesnt mean the whole of fort are fags.
also, if i appear to be a fag, then not all of sefton is faggy. or sumthign, haha.

yeah, ill get over hating fort, sooner or later. find sumthign else to hate or diss.

some more info:
Sefton High exams in year 11 and year 12( i fink), go for 2 weeks long. about 2 subjects a day, science exams are 2 hours long, along with english and maths.
all exams have 5 minutes reading time. the rest of the subjects are about 1.5 hours long. if u dun have an exam on the day, u dun have to be at school, (means u can stay home and study or wateva). u have half yearlies and yearlies.

ive done this for year 11, but mite be differnt in year 12. i reckon it helps prepare u for year 12, cos it gets u used to the exam formats.
I could translate that, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to at the moment.

nufish

HSC
VuongstER_boi said:
do u think it's worth the change from sefton to fort st, i was thinking of doing that...
Depends on your interests? I've heard (friend of a friend - several friends actually) that Fort St is better at Music and Art and so on. Their school band is supposedly way better than Sefton's (once again, a friend of a friend).
Oh, Sefton's uniform is BLUE (or, blue and white), whereas Fort St's is red/maroon. C'mon, go BLUE. :)

Sefton's also half-selective, and in senior years, the classes become mixed, it's not a bad thing.

THe old principal used to give Sefton shuffle days and mufti days- not the new one though.

No offense @ c0okies.. but I wouldn't look too much on the academic level. What koombaya says does have some reliability and substance. The academic level mostly depends on the individual and your own motivation ot do well.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Personally i think fort st is a better school, considering school rankings fort st is 19th from memory and sefton came around 27-9th, but i heard some of fort st science and maths teachers were crap and some students are druggos.

c0okies

HSC
nufish said:
Depends on your interests? I've heard (friend of a friend - several friends actually) that Fort St is better at Music and Art and so on. Their school band is supposedly way better than Sefton's (once again, a friend of a friend).
Oh, Sefton's uniform is BLUE (or, blue and white), whereas Fort St's is red/maroon. C'mon, go BLUE. :)

Sefton's also half-selective, and in senior years, the classes become mixed, it's not a bad thing.

THe old principal used to give Sefton shuffle days and mufti days- not the new one though.

No offense @ c0okies.. but I wouldn't look too much on the academic level. What koombaya says does have some reliability and substance. The academic level mostly depends on the individual and your own motivation ot do well.
yea well; whatever i really can't be bothered to defend my school - it's already very obvious that in this forum there are at least two sefton high students trying to plug it whilst putting fort street down. the school really speaks for itself - either come or don't.

xkuruptdx

HSC
lols i reckon sefton does alright considering we have half selective and half community. i mean we're in the top 40 or something. ahahz!! :) still cools i guess! green is the BOMB!! fitzy was such a gay ass with a flapping tie!!:rofl:

jeniii

HSC
Wooz said:
Personally i think fort st is a better school, considering school rankings fort st is 19th from memory and sefton came around 27-9th, but i heard some of fort st science and maths teachers were crap and some students are druggos.
ahh.. kinda tru .. science teachers dodgy .. well one of them at least .. and my fav maths teacher left for syndey gurls =[ all good teachers left ...
and wats with this .. fort street are full of drugos. o_O

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah i've heard like most the asians get tutored for science and maths at fort st.

Dunno everyone keeps saying fort st's full of druggos

Last edited:

juyoung

HSC
Apparently after the current principal came to the school, Fort St's ranking just dropped... and all the teachers I've talked to thinks the principal should work somewhere else.. hmm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)