Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Re: HSC Physics - Exam Paper (download)

"Explain how amplifiers and feedback loops are used in control systems. Support your answer with a diagram."

Nice question, but I seriously doubt more than 25% of the Age of Silicon cohort could get full marks for this question. It's really hidden in the syllabus as a mix of dot points and how to draw a proper feedback diagram isn't something I'd expect to have been taught to anyone...

Question a) ii) is a troll

Other than that, the rest of the option is quite straightforward for a HSC student.

Drsoccerball

HSC

As soon as I saw this question, I thought of Q19 from HSC 2007 -- Only a theory once it has been tested aButnd evidence supports it
But wern't people using the special theory of relativity before it was proved to explain things?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

As soon as I saw this question, I thought of Q19 from HSC 2007 -- Only a theory once it has been tested and evidence supports it
Yeah I loved it

I've seen it so many times before and I remembered it from that paper

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad

But wern't people using the special theory of relativity before it was proved to explain things?
According to the scientific method, it would not have been considered a scientific theory at that stage

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

From memory that should be a 18/90 / 20 gg no re

I thought I left the exam room with a 10 but I felt a lot more confident for the remainder of the exam :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

According to the scientific method, it would not have been considered a scientific theory at that stage
The evidence came later on with the Halefe-Keating experiment and particle accelerators both demonstrating time dilation such as the muon half life being 2 microseconds at rest and 60 microseconds when accelerated to speeds close to that of light

Pab

HSC

read a few questions incorrectly, just fuck me up now pls

Drsoccerball

HSC

The evidence came later on with the Halefe-Keating experiment and particle accelerators both demonstrating time dilation such as the muon half life being 2 microseconds at rest and 60 microseconds when accelerated to speeds close to that of light
Im over it :L hope i can smash the other two sections...

atargainz

HSC

how is 3 b? it's clearly a maltese cross?

IamKirby

HSC

Damn the thing that confused me about this is that my teacher referred to the Aether 'Theory' which clearly with the correct definition isn't actually a theory. It's a bullshit question because they are useful in making predictions, that's literally an undeniable fact.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC

Q30 was nice if i'm interpreting it correctly. Use conservation of momentum/ change in GPE to KE vvs. Looked like a fair exam (in comparison to the chem/MX2/MX1 lmao).

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

Q30 was nice if i'm interpreting it correctly. Use conservation of momentum/ change in GPE to KE. Looked like a fair exam (in comparison to the chem/MX2/MX1 lmao).
Yeah it was also good to mention how Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation is used in the derivation of orbital velocity which will be necessary to determine what velocity the satellite requires to sustain its orbit around saturn

genodeg

HSC
N/A

think i got 15 for multis rip goodnight sweet prince

thought in q1. it cant possibly be to counteract the motor effect because if it completely counteracted the motor effect their should be a reading of zero.............. countless dumb mistakes from rushing all my tests fml

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

think i got 15 for multis rip goodnight sweet prince
Dw back in my day I got 14/20 for multiple choice but 72/80 for the rest of the paper.

You can still get a great mark!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)