Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

juliendupuche4u

HSC
i wrote two pages :S

Hey guys i wroteon two sources :S does anyoen think it would affects my marks greatly?
coz i did 7 pages, 3 paras on the simple gift plus One para for my source and one para for the 2nd source
i didnt read the question right could someone share thoughts marks wise

istudy

HSC
I used two related texts! Im so used to writing two related texts?
Does anyone whats going to happen? =\

maz3ndor

HSC
I hated the question, I thought it was too limiting anbd I only managed to churn 12 pages out for Section III because I couldn't write much for such a stupid question :evilfire:

HSC
You see, English GENERALLY does poorly across the state.
My bet is they'll be looking to give marks. HOWEVER, becuase you've spent your time on a 2nd related text ie. not analysing your first and prescribed you'll lose marks becuase the part of the essay which will be counted won't have enough depth etc.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
They will probably disregard the second text as many have said because it wouldn't be fair on others who did follow instructions. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that. Then again, it allowed me to answer the question better which is perhaps what they wanted from that.
Overall probably my best section of the three. One page short of the full booklet so I'll take that.

Sau

HSC
I used two related texts! Im so used to writing two related texts?
Does anyone whats going to happen? =\
even i did two texts.. it does not pull down your mark they will just ignore one most likely >.<

noturningback

HSC
Wrote this in the general thread and figured here was a better place.

I'm not sure what they meant by "understanding" for the third section?

I created a thesis that basically was

An understanding of one's sense of self and place allows them to belong.

Is that an okay approach?

CeeJaii

HSC
CRYY IRL...................I spent WAY too much time on my creative and had 20 mins to do my extended reponse. -Die- -die- die-> ;////////////// GOODBYE UNI </3

q3thefish

HSC
.. 1 additional they asked for.

... I wrote 2 additional texts.

:mad:

Tumnus

HSC
So what happens if u use two related texts instead of one? absolutely screwed?

Hmmm same....i read the question and all, it just didn't register that its only ONE supp text. Found out right after the test was finished :mad: hope it doesn't loose me my band six. They should do At LEAST ONE. but otherwise i found it easier than the trial, essay fitted great, used my prepared story and the short answers where easy compared to trials so....would have liiked more time for them though.

2 down 5 more to go :spin:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Were they nice and allowed you to compose in any format or did they request a specific type of response?

11 pages so happy :D
Either you wrote with huge letters or had so much to say.

I didn't finish - I had two words to go. But otherwise it seemed to work. I had to manipulate my texts slightly, however.
Don't worry, if you wrote a convincingly high quality response anyway where only a majority of it was finished like I did a while back you will receive very good marks.

elmoateme

HSC
A lot of people took the understanding of self approach. Personally I hated the question, it seemed a little out of nowhere. I found I had enough to write about, but i found myself having to say and this results in this which means... blablabla. Basically I spent too long on this so I didn't have quite enough time for creative at the end. Hopefully I'll still do alright but =)

Venom.

HSC
Perfect question for the identity/belonging essay I had.

Smile_Time351

HSC
Admittedly, I was thrown by the question only asking for one text, although the ten minutes reading time meant I had a few minutes to decide how to adapt my thesis to only having prescribed +1. On the whole, it went pretty damn well. The question was very broad, the whole 'understanding' concept can pretty much fit with any text. Overall, pretty good. I reckon 13/15...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)