Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

jotdan

HSC
hahaha...i was so lucky, did my first analysis of the Skrzynecki poems (just FS and St Pats) on tuesday night and i was lucky enough to be blessed with that question as the poems had strong links to it and also i only had one related text prepared...thank you Board of studies

HAAHHA there is no way any others schools texts matched it as perfectly as ours; I used Joy Luck Club and Home song stories- both are about Chinese mothers but there kids grew up in western society

points i used
1) They dont speak the same languae
2) Different culture- values, interpretation
3) Gender (just so i didnt use only 2 points)

And that took up 11 pages =]

sadcase

HSC
it was perfect for my prescribed text (the simple gift)
Yeah hey possessionless...
My prescribed text was Simple Gift too and oi was wnodering if u talked about relationships and the setting. My related material was a poem called Philosopher's Stone. I was so nervous with that question i did not know. But i did mention things like he understands that relationships enhances his understanding and thus belonging
something like that. i did about 4 to 5 pages for that section. Do you think it was alright?

jonjoony

HSC
I was spewing i was going hard out with like 3 texts and it said 1 related text. Question was something like Understanding nourishes belonging, Not-understanding prevents it.

ixswans

HSC
bloody essay question was way too simple and one sided - allowed no in-depth discussion of belonging at all (esp considering we studied emily dickinson)

hated it massively.
I still half challenged it.

brooke.nash

Brookie Monster
HSC
It was the best essay question I could've hoped for. It worked well with my set text "As You Like It" and with my O.R.T "Pan's Labyrinth". :D

They had to go easy on us. Haha.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
I thought the question fitted prescribed text (The Simple Gift) really well. I was glad we only had to do one other text as well.

ixswans

HSC
It asked how our texts represented this notion of belonging - I interpreted that as having to agree with it....
I interpreted it as my text presents this notion of belonging by not presenting it. My head in exams is not the most fun place to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)