Section 1 will not be double marked (1 Viewer)

QZP

HSC
I think it's fine. Max mark question in short answer is 6... not like they're going to give 3/6 for a 6/6 worthy response (4/6 for 6/6 is still extremely unlikely since it's A LOT more easy to recognise the capabilities of students in answering the question according to guidelines for these short answers)

Machiavelli1

HSC
I recommend that if you recieve your English mark which is below what you expected then everyone must appeal for a remark then BOSTES will realise the scope of the problem caused by this unethical decision they have made and then revert back to double marking Paper 1.
You can't apply for a remark with BOSTES, only a marking check which is them checking their adding skills.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
real talk, i see nothing wrong with this tbh

section 1 of paper 1 is (fairly) objective and the marking criteria is quite clear cut, it's a waste of time getting a second person to mark every paper when pretty much 99% of them would agree.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
It would be a cause for outrage if any of the extended response essays or creatives were marked that way though but for short answers it really isn't a big deal at all, most markers have a good idea of what type of response gives what type of mark because what gets that mark is very clear cut in that section.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
They probably have statistics to justify this change, such as having more than 99.9% of double marked questions yielding less than an average of 1 mark difference. If that is the case, then that's not too bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)