Screwed Hard drive (1 Viewer)

Rojc01

HSC
on my computer hard drive, i have a CD writer/DVD writer. however i have a problem with it - The DVD player part does not work any longer.

before it took on any cds like music, data discs, played and copied dvd etc like a normal one. Now for some reason the DVD Playing property no longer works

Why did this Happen and What can i do to fix it??????????????????

the last dvd to be played was a movie from blockbuster

Cheers

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Thread title should be ‘DVD-RW Drive Problem’.

As for your problem more details may help i.e. how old, brand, any new hardware/software added, have you tried cleaning the laser (CD cleaners if you can use them for PC)?

Rojc01

HSC
Sorry man, not much of a computer person

Anyhow my thingy is a HP Pavilion Intel Inside Pentium 4 . It is about 18 months old from harvy norman

furthermore its a: DVD + R/ RW

DVD: 8x write, 4x rewrite , 12x read
CD: 24 write , 10x rewrite , 40 read

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Yeah i've had trouble with many of my CD/DVD drives. They keep dieing on me.

I find that on some DVD Drive, if you use them too long they can overheat and if your watching DVDs they screw the video up.

The laser may be dead so it wont read anything. (Does it play CDs and not DVDs, or doesnt play anything at all).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe you need to clean the lens or something... I heard that in DVD-roms or CD/DVD combo drives that there are multiple laser heads in there for the different media types?

My other thought was maybe you have changed the region code too many times on your dvd drive and that's why it can't read movies... but if this happened, then it should still be able to read DVD (data discs) and burn DVDs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)