• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

School References (1 Viewer)

Have you got your school reference?

• Yes and I think it'll come in handy.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Yes but I don't think I'll be needing it.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • No but I would like one.

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • No and I don't think I'll need one.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • What's a school reference?

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering if you guys got yours- we got ours upon signing out today... I quite liked mine but I wonder if I'll ever use it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Itz pretty useless I gotta say, employerz don't really look at school refz in my opinion.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The only time I could think it'd come in handy is if I was applying for a job and didn't have one.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
With any reference they always look for what is not being said not what is being said because they all know a reference can get into deep doodoo for putting anything negative in so they do a lot of reading between the lines etc.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
The only time I could think it'd come in handy is if I was applying for a job and didn't have one.
Yeah but it won't help that much anyway. I don't remember usin my school refz in any job application.

daniandrow

HSC
do your schools have to give you a reference cause i havent gotten nothing or heard of anything???????

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think every school gives you one? If not just ask them- it might be coming at your school's signout day or presentation evening.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
we didn't get a reference - more just a list of all the things you had been involved in at school (extra-curricular, prefect etc.) and the HSC subjects you studies... but i've used mine

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I dont think I'll ever use it though it was nice..
I'm in my 4th year of working at Woolworths and I'm sure I will stay there until I finish uni (ew 7 years in total..) and then when I start casual or full time teaching I dont think they will really care about what my high school said about me..

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It can be useful if you have no other references other than that it can be useful a couple of years down the track applying for jobs straight out of uni. This is because your experience doing nightfill isn't particularly relevant and they are looking for personality side of things. In which case a school reference showing a hard-working, well-rounded, socialble person can be handy.

elisabeth

HSC
I'm really happy with mine, but it focuses on academic achievements and as such, most 'Christmas casual' retailers aren't interested in seeing it. It's cool though, might help in later years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)