School certificate is next week! Have you guys studied? (1 Viewer)

Northey7

HSC
I know ayye, I did reasonably well in my trials and I am worried about History especially (due to the dates and huge amount of content!) and english is also worrying me!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
ME, i've been studying SO MUCH :/
teachers scaring me because i got 64 in my trial and ranked about 5th'ish in overall grade, (highest 83, 2nd 74, 3rd 68)
and im doing horrible in geo

arnt you people worried about geo/his or eng? |:
Hell yes!
I'm worried about History, Geography and Science especially.
English - No need to study and I hope to get a band 5 at least ;D Band 6 is always hopeful.
Maths - No need to study

Science - I got killed by my SC Science trials so might have to do some light study or I might get owned D:
History - Managed to get 40/50 for trials so a bit of study will be helpful.
Geography - This and Science REALLY needs work on.

But, overall, I don't care too much about the SC.
Even if I get good results, I know that I have to pick up my game for senior years!
SC doesn't determine anything so ALL GOOD!

Magical Kebab

HSC
Hell yes!
I'm worried about History, Geography and Science especially.
English - No need to study and I hope to get a band 5 at least ;D Band 6 is always hopeful.
Maths - No need to study

Science - I got killed by my SC Science trials so might have to do some light study or I might get owned D:
History - Managed to get 40/50 for trials so a bit of study will be helpful.
Geography - This and Science REALLY needs work on.

But, overall, I don't care too much about the SC.
Even if I get good results, I know that I have to pick up my game for senior years!
SC doesn't determine anything so ALL GOOD!
Seriously, don't worry. The trials are designed to be more difficult than the proper S.C.
Do past papers just to manage time, thats it pretty much.
One of the maths questions last year i think was 10x-2x... So yeah.

Aliyas

HSC
The SC was the most pointless piece of poop I've ever encountered.

Lina3

HSC
I am just studying this week...but not stressing though. Got 43/50 for History on my trials and 46/50 for Geography so won't focus on them that much. Doing a little of the others each night.

Chahoud

HSC
yehh but theres also a difference, at my school, for me to do ADV english, i need band5+ in english, can you give me some tips please?
hahaha dont worry about that, thats what my shool told us too when i was in yr 10 there only saying it there were people i my class that got band 4s and did adv

1981Grant

HSC
I studied for this by just doing online multiple choice and reading over notes the day before. It was easy, I got all 88-89. Didn't really put it much effort though.

cheshy

HSC
N/A
i've studied, still studying, to som eof you guys it may not be important, but for some people it still is. just because we are the last year to do this test doesnt mean that it is any less important. yes, we are fed up with exams and all, but it is still significant. take me for example, i am leaving at the end of this year and going to tafe, so i need a good mark.
:spin::dog:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Sooo freaked out! I haven't done nearly as much study as I had planned for, looks like I will have a few late nights ahead of me! Desperately want band 6 in all subjects :) How is everyone else going?
LOL, Goodluck.
You sound like a year 12 student trying to do their HSC.

I just did like 6 hours of hardcore studying and what did i learn ?
Nothing.

I swear i will give up on maths soon.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
lol guise need to chill, it's not as bad as you might think

tbh our school also really built up the importance of the sc or w/e so I actually studied ...

i.e. for 8 hours the night before the his/geo exams lol because I didn't want to fail (after doing nothing since after exams)

= 100 geo, 97 history

hahahahah what a load of crap, i swear to god i remember looking at the extended response in geo and being like 'w..t..f lol making this up'

starryblue

HSC
haha~ let's hv fun, people! after SC is holis! NOT :D SC is like only for 3 days unlike trials which dragged on for one wk =O

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Haha omg! I was exactly like this during my school certificate, panicking on this forum! Guys you'll realise how pointless and stupid the SC after you get to year 11/12! :p. But in saying that, it's still an exam! I wish you all the best of luck!

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Haha, everyone at my school is treating it exactly like the joke that it is. Our teachers have even asked us what dates they are, multiple times, in the last week.
Then again, we all get really good marks so I'm a bit worried. I only started studying yesterday.
Honestly, majority of people don't study at all for the SCs. And the ones that DO study, are the ones that'll go over written notes a day or two before the exam. All in all, you'll get good marks if you put SOME effort into it. It's a simple exam.

For my SC, I was watching tokyo drift the night before my Maths exam + Science exam and was watching other movies before the other ones. Come result time, I got all b5 and b6 haha.

I'm sure you'll do great!

Lina3

HSC
Haha my teachers at school take it so seriously it's very funny! Just today, my English teacher: "If you do not include emotions in your diary entries you WILL get a mark in the E range" *hands out a sample diary entry from a published book* "This one would only get about a B..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)