School certificate is next week! Have you guys studied? (1 Viewer)

zombies

HSC
Nope! Haven't studied one bit. I think the SC is overrated and a waste of time.. It doesnt really count for anything. I prefer to spend my time doing more productive things... like playing video games =P

I think that anyone with enough common sense can do fine in it with minimal effort.

wildchild666

HSC
I prefer to spend my time doing more productive things... like playing video games
This pretty much sums it up. The School Certificate lost the little credibility it had since we're the last year to sit it. It doesn't effectively measure how smart people are at all since it is a very low-standard set of exams seeing that so many people do well in it with little effort.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
None, I'm just waiting for Skyrim to come out(day after SC finishes)

Chahoud

HSC
soo since you guys are the last yr sitting it, is there anything replacing it?

zombies

HSC
I was sorta thinking about getting that. I might if its on sale on steam sometime, it looks pretty good

soo since you guys are the last yr sitting it, is there anything replacing it?
No idea what's replacing it! Apparently its gonna be harder than the SC though.

HSC
This pretty much sums it up. The School Certificate lost the little credibility it had since we're the last year to sit it. It doesn't effectively measure how smart people are at all since it is a very low-standard set of exams seeing that so many people do well in it with little effort.
You're right on the dot. The dux in my school at the moment didn't get a single band 6 in his SC. Only band 4s and 5s and now hes acing every subject and getting in the high 80s, low 90s. Hell even i only got 1 band 6, and the rest band 4-5, (except geo, band 3) and I'm still doing decently!

Chahoud

HSC
No idea what's replacing it! Apparently its gonna be harder than the SC though.[/QUOTE]

hahaha oh okaayy but does that also mean that next yr 10's will be sitting something just not sc and dont worry sc isnt hard i didnt study that much and got all band 5's :)

umz93

HSC
Biggest waste of time IMO. People from my school who got b4/5 are in the top ten for english with trial marks of 90+. The only purpose it serves is that you get a long holiday afterwords XD

zombies

HSC
hahaha oh okaayy but does that also mean that next yr 10's will be sitting something just not sc and dont worry sc isnt hard i didnt study that much and got all band 5's :)
well they better be sitting something! Or I wont be very happy ):< But the year 9s right now would be learning school cert content so I have no idea what they'd be doing next year.. maybe they'll just keep learning it and then not have to do an exam.

Chahoud

HSC
Biggest waste of time IMO. People from my school who got b4/5 are in the top ten for english with trial marks of 90+. The only purpose it serves is that you get a long holiday afterwords XD
HAHAHAHA i agree i went overseas for the holidays :3 and didnt get back til first day back at school hahaha
well they better be sitting something! Or I wont be very happy ):< But the year 9s right now would be learning school cert content so I have no idea what they'd be doing next year.. maybe they'll just keep learning it and then not have to do an exam.
hahaha it would be annoying if they didnt but fair enough i guess

wildchild666

HSC
The only purpose it serves is that you get a long holiday afterwords XD
I went off for a massive holiday half way through this year. Missed out on a whole term worth of school. Not sure if I'll be going on another extended trip during these upcoming holidays. :)

Can't wait for Skyrim to come out. I loved the last two prequels.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yep I studied for it, I'm gona sit as a mature aged student :p I wouldn't want to miss the last year of SC.

zombies

HSC
ME, i've been studying SO MUCH :/
teachers scaring me because i got 64 in my trial and ranked about 5th'ish in overall grade, (highest 83, 2nd 74, 3rd 68)
and im doing horrible in geo

arnt you people worried about geo/his or eng? |:
English will be pretty easy for me. However, history/geography, I don't really know anything lol.. just gotta try and do the best I can on the multiple choice, and fudge my way through the written answers.
Don't stress too much, Frost~ In fact, don't stress at all =P It doesn't matter too much, it's just the SC!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
English will be pretty easy for me. However, history/geography, I don't really know anything lol.. just gotta try and do the best I can on the multiple choice, and fudge my way through the written answers.
Don't stress too much, Frost~ In fact, don't stress at all =P It doesn't matter too much, it's just the SC!
I know right !
The highest i'm aiming for geo/hist is like .. a band 4.
Honestly, i'll be happy if i pass.

I think i'll be fine with eng/maths/science.

zombies

HSC
yehh but theres also a difference, at my school, for me to do ADV english, i need band5+ in english, can you give me some tips please?
Aw damn that sucks.. in that case, study hard haha because I would hate to be in Standard English. As for some tips.. well check over all the past papers, there's usually few questions that pop up in every exam, and you should try and learn the definitions to stuff you see in the papers, basic words like jargon, analogy, pun etc. Ands make sure you know how to write like a feature article, short story, and I'm sure there's a few others you need to learn..

I'm sure you will do fine :D I bet you will get a band 5 at least, don't worry!

Northey7

HSC
Sooo freaked out! I haven't done nearly as much study as I had planned for, looks like I will have a few late nights ahead of me! Desperately want band 6 in all subjects :) How is everyone else going?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)