School Certificate Electives ROLL CALL CLASS (1 Viewer)

Witchking

LOTR Freak
HSC
I chose:

• Commerce - Boring but its easy
  • Food Technology - BLUDGE BLUDGE BLUDGE
  • IPT - Regret doing it

rolror88

HSC
N/A
I do Commerce and IST. My personal opinion is that both are great subjects, the only downside is that my teachers are terrible. But.. I still am doing extremely well in these subjects. Commerce is extremely interesting and the knowledge I learn from it I can apply to society i.e. the emplyment issues. IST, well increases my knowledge about computers, software and all that jazz.

robibro

HSC
Well at my school we choose 3 electives and drop one at the end of Year 9. mine were/are:

-Japanese - which i absolutely love and i seem to do very well at :D and we have a really cool teacher
-Food Technology - which is alright. i do well in it as well. but i think its only because i know a lot of the stuff already from being a diabetic and having to be a healthy eater for most of my life
-IST - which was the one i dropped in year 9. i got third in the course for that which i was very proud of.

Gotta love electives :D

And i am sooooooo doing japanese next year

vtfan

PG's M Crew
HSC
nerdsforever said:
Year 10's!!! What electives are we doing for the School Certificate?

Do you like the subjects you chose?
Are you going to do them next year?

I am doing:

Music :mad: - I regret this choice. I hate it to hell. Not doing it in HSC:) (not even for 100 dollars)
History :) - Really interesting topics, but the teacher is so boring!!! but it's still a great subject. Pretty bludgy and carefree. I'm doing Ancient HIstory next year!

What did/are you doing in Year 10 for electives?

Oh my god. Me too. It's horrible. except when we have a practical and the teacher lets us muck around. I absolutely hate it, especially the theory.:mad:

ital101

HSC
Aquawhite said:
History is not an elective.... It is all part of the course Australian History, Geography and Civics exam. It is a compulsory subject through all NSW and ACT.

I chose Music and German for my two elective for the year 10 year (remember that your electives.... including PE which was compulsory do not have an exam in the school certificate). I love music and german is pretty fun because I like to learn anotehr language and the class always enters into the german film festival... I get to go to sydney again! YES!
Maybe you should learn English first? :D

For my electives in Yr 10, I did Stage 5 Italian (Open High School) and Commerce. I continued with both.

Great choices, if I do say so myself...also, I remember hearing an idea for this thread somewhere else, I think Schoey93 had the idea, yeah it was him.
laters
Rico

kcqn93

HSC
I'm doing Photography, IST and Commerce

Commerce: REGRET! content is boring along with that boring teacher who can't tuck his shirt in properly...

IST: I find interesting because I just like it i guess...

Photography: FAVOURITE! mainly because I top of the subject lol..

I'm planning to pick for the HSC:
English ??? not sure yet
Maths 2U
Maths EXT1
Music 1
Physics
Software Design

not really sure if that's what I though...

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
ital101 said:
Maybe you should learn English first? :D

Great choices, if I do say so myself...also, I remember hearing an idea for this thread somewhere else, I think Schoey93 had the idea, yeah it was him.
laters
Rico
What? Because he made one typo he needs to learn english?

So because Schoey decided to make a rollcall for just italian he made up the whole idea? So the fact that every year has a rollcall and has long before Schoey came to harass us all.. doesnt mean much?

smushieex

HSC
I'm doing food tech and textiles.
Absolutely hate textiles. It may be a bludge, but it's not the 'fun' type of bludge. lol. o_o
I love food tech though. ^^

Schoey93

HSC
agirlinatutu said:

So because Schoey decided to make a rollcall for just italian he made up the whole idea? So the fact that every year has a rollcall and has long before Schoey came to harass us all.. doesnt mean much?
This guy was being lighthearted (ital101).

I have not come to "harass us all". I am interested in this forum because I like communicating with other students and finding out about their activities. I also like sharing information about myself and receiving others' opinions and ideas about my choices/reflection.

I do not think it is fair to make a judgement of my character based on a different user's post. It's not very fair. You haven't met me and you don't know that I care about people and have the sense to not annoy/harass my friends, family and strangers - such as yourself.

Don't even bother commenting on the irony of sending you a message to reassure that I am not harassing anyone.
- James

Schoey93

HSC
Schoey93 said:
I AGREE. Hit the nail right on the head!

Now, if you don't realise, LYONAMU has already created a thread like this. *Thank you Namu*

So. Another suggestion:

*A roll call thread for School Certificate students (Years 9 AND 10), including a roll call thread for elective subjects, e.g. Food Technology, Commerce, IST, Italian, French...the list goes on.*

A thought:

*Educational thread suggesting the MOST INTERESTING English texts to read for SC Years 9 & 10 English*

My favourite English text from Year 9 would have to be The Merchant of Venice by You-Know-Who and Scott Monk's Raw would have to be a close second.

James
Just because I am a pedantic bastard, had to show you I suggested the idea for ALL electives, not merely Italian.

*A thought*
Get your facts straight! :D

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Schoey93 said:
Just because I am a pedantic bastard, had to show you I suggested the idea for ALL electives, not merely Italian.

*A thought*
Get your facts straight! :D
you really like proving my point over and over again don't you:sleep:

omniscience

HSC
N/A
agirlinatutu said:

Don't bother wasting time reminding those arrogant bastards how they need to change their attitudes.

They are completely brain-washed.

ital101

HSC
Again, I care about other more so than myself, really. I am not arrogant. I have genuine concern for other people's feelings.

I apologise to anyone I have offended, I am sorry. I did not mean to hurt your feelings. I have not tried to be a arrogant, but unfortunately, it has looked like that. Now who cares, let's get back on topic for crying out loud

OMNISCIENCE and get a name that a lay man can fucking spell lolz nah it's cool, I like that name. But I have a supreme distaste for the study of HSC sciences, hence I do not take them.
- Rico

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)