School Certificate abolished (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
The SC was fun. 8)

B]ut really, it's somewhat, a good indication of how long 2 hours(?) can really be during exams in year 11/12.

Last edited:

jess.ford

HSC
I'm 50/50 for and against it. In one way it was a good pratice run for the HSC, to see how you are going compared to everyone in the state rather than just your school, that added boost knowing that you are just that bit closer to finishing high school and coming in the HSC I could relax enough knowing that if everything fell apart I had something to fall back on. But on the down side with the new leaving age it does seem a little bit of a waste of time plus if they are just going to replace it with another test/exam etc then I would prefer they leave the SC in place.

wendiiee

HSC
Wow it took them ages to reach a decision...
I heard that they're going to replace the School Certificate with something that's worth more I guess... the School Certificate was only for people who wanted an apprenticeship I think.
One of my teachers said that whatever replaces the School Certificate will allow school leavers to enter like... private colleges and more sophisticated TAFE courses without having to do the HSC.
But whatever it is, my brother has to do it, so sucks to be him!
But I liked SC. I prefer it to the HSC, haha.

mads21

HSC
Will be the last year to do it, just missed out! does it even count towards anything?

jjlw

HSC
it was a colossal waste of time, good riddance.

purplemoon

HSC
I'm in year 9 and currently doing the year 10 curriculum for math. accelerated. The rest of my grade won't have to do the SC except the people in my math class ;(
this is the same for me except im math AND science :mad: but seriously, i find no point in this as we're never gonna be able to finish it anyway so why do only 2 subjects? -.-

BrynRoberts

HSC
sorry guys, one of my mates thought it would be funny to post all that while i was talking to the teacher...

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
About time! It was a pointless waste of time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)