School Captains & Prefects (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Become a prefect for your school, if you become school captain...youll have to do heaps of work ...in which you might miss alot of school and alot of work.
The opportunities for which you would miss out on school would be far more beneficial than an arbitrary X amount of ATAR points you would receive. Leadership and co-curriculars go a long way in society nowadays

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^I agree with Aerath, your ATAR only suffices for a short period of time, people are much more likely to hold stead of extracurriculars compared to X amount of ATAR points.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
The opportunities for which you would miss out on school would be far more beneficial than an arbitrary X amount of ATAR points you would receive. Leadership and co-curriculars go a long way in society nowadays
Most of the previous captains in my school have failed their HSC's haha. (though they were probably not that smart to smart off with :p)

But Extracurricular activities > small amount of hsc points anyday. Scholarship selecters jack off to those types of things.

HSC
Uni Grad
At my school, everyone has a choice of becoming prefect and everyone chooses the house & school captains. Funny enough, one example of a person who got house captain, she parties, drinks, etc and she is popular got it. xD So yes, it tends to be a popularity contest either way.

HSC
N/A
I moved to my current school in 2009. So... i've been here for about 2 years and the other applicants have been here since year 7 :haha:

eh. If I get it, that's cool. If I don't, that's cool too. I can just focus on my studies :redface:
Genuinely happy either way tbh
I found out today. I didn't end up getting it, but as weird as this sounds... I kinda knew I didn't get it. I had a dream last night that a girl in particular would get it, and indeed, she got it :O
Sixth sense? Perhaps.
The funny thing was that the girl who got it wasn't the "Favorite" to get it. Pwooooarr. I'm psychic. :p (kidding)

Everyone who didn't get it ended up balling their eyes out- except me.
I felt a bit left out tbh :/

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I found out today. I didn't end up getting it, but as weird as this sounds... I kinda knew I didn't get it. I had a dream last night that a girl in particular would get it, and indeed, she got it :O
Sixth sense? Perhaps.
The funny thing was that the girl who got it wasn't the "Favorite" to get it. Pwooooarr. I'm psychic. :p (kidding)

Everyone who didn't get it ended up balling their eyes out- except me.
I felt a bit left out tbh :/
Poor thing.

I have a bet with my friend he won't get it.

mike12345678

HSC
It isn't a popularity contest at our school. We vote for whoever will stand and lead us.
i wish my school did this :(
i was like the favourite by a mile but stuffed up my interview and got vice captain.

the captain gets abused by everyone cause noone wants her captain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)