School ATAR estimates: Released with half yearly reports? (1 Viewer)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Hi guys,

When do schools (generally speaking) provide students with an atar estimate with their results? Is it with our half yearly report or closer to trials?

Thanks

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Depends on your school.

At mine, you wouldn't get one unless you went out of your way to see an academic advisor.

At others, they'd hand them out.

enoilgam

HSC
Hi guys,

When do schools (generally speaking) provide students with an atar estimate with their results? Is it with our half yearly report or closer to trials?

Thanks
It varies from school to school. Some wont give them out unless you ask, others will only do it if you need it for something (i.e. Medicine or a Scholarship).

HSC
Do you know if you are getting one? My school doesn't give them to us. If we need it for an application the school will send it without letting us see it.

hope14

HSC
Do all schools have to do this?? My school has never mentioned it... Does this mean they don't calculate them?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Do all schools have to do this?? My school has never mentioned it... Does this mean they don't calculate them?
I don't think so, i just asked my careers adviser for an estimate with my prelim results and she said they only do it halfway through year 12. I don't think all schools would do it though.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, alternatively if you have a knack for estimating ATARs yourself(or have BoSers that have a good knack for it if you give them a lot of info), use your calculation over your schools. If you need it for scholarships or college apps or that. Often you just need an approximate like 95+ or that to estimate.

I was way more accurate in estimating for mine and my cohort than my school was :p When I decided on my final estimate, it was only 0.05 off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)