School and LGBT (1 Viewer)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Just because the followers aren't oppressed doesn't mean the rest of humanity don't feel oppressed by it. For example, LGBTQ. The religion is oppressive towards them, regardless if they are in it or converted or whatever.
okay but then that just means gay ppl don't wanna be Muslims or live in a Muslim country... who cares?

windows64

HSC
Just because the followers aren't oppressed doesn't mean the rest of humanity don't feel oppressed by it. For example, LGBTQ. The religion is oppressive towards them, regardless if they are in it or converted or whatever.
the religion is against it, doesnt mean its oppressive. Theres a difference between being opressive, and not agreeing with a certain ideology. I agree that some people portray themselves to be really oppressive against it, but then again, thats also in the lgbtq community, some people in that community are really against religion and that could be considered 'oppressive' to people of relgiion

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
They may feel oppressed, but at the end of the day we live in a free country and they are free to be LGBTQ. Certain religions will be against it, as will certain cultures and people. You can't dictate somebody to accept you or accept your ideology, and you can't force it on people either. I believe that its gone too far the opposite way in the Western world (at least my perception of it), with LGBTQ ideology getting pushed excessively.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
They may feel oppressed, but at the end of the day we live in a free country and they are free to be LGBTQ. Certain religions will be against it, as will certain cultures and people. You can't dictate somebody to accept you or accept your ideology, and you can't force it on people either. I believe that its gone too far the opposite way in the Western world (at least my perception of it), with LGBTQ ideology getting pushed excessively.
ur outnumbered by premingers. give up.

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
I'm going to build my King Baldwin IV of Jerusalem army in the shadows and strike down all signs of preminger from existence... that renaissance era finctional fuck

maryjane05

HSC
to be fair there have been so many stereotypes/tropes made about lgbt for so long in television that it has only recently become unacceptable … i dont think we can say lgbt privilege is real when several countries criminalise being lgbt.
Well if it's their culture, it is not up to Westerners to be moral police and try to control other nations.

unhealthyharold

HSC
View attachment 39459

This shouldn't be normalised lmao wtf think of all the children seeing it
i don't think children should be seeing this regardless of sexuality/gender? they are all quite obviously in an 18+ area, so if children are seeing this, that's on dogshit parenting.

HSC
My opinions:
  • Yes, I think the LGB should be removed from T... - as the former is sexual preference, whereas the latter refers more to gender identity.
  • I don't agree with pushing these values onto children and under 18. But what makes this difficult imo is Social Media and how hard it is to police. For example, there was this study (can't find where it was from memory, but a high-end institution) that found that the vast majority of Trans minors were either influenced by social media, friend or both)
  • All in all, the purpose of school is not to indoctrinate children in any form, but meant to be a valued education that is secular (minus Religion subjects and Religious schools) - I'm especially talking about some public schools, some of which having already been alluded to.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
like im just speaking from my perspective as a Christian, it kinda wouldn't make sense that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world if its as oppressive as u say, ur telling me all these women are converting to Islam bc its oppressive?
as a fellow Christian that stat is very misleading. its just a bunch of muslims have like 5-10 kids and they count that as muslim. Plus even then the middle east is becoming even more progressive especially after Iran a lot more people are leaving islam. Although more and more young people in the western world are leaving Christ too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)