School and LGBT (1 Viewer)

windows64

HSC
Then why are Islamic theocracies intolerant of adversity to their religion? If I went to a middle eastern country ruled by muslims and I held a bible and started preaching Christianity I'd be punished or even killed.
i Think youre talking mainly about saudi arabia, majority of muslim countries do allow you to practice christianity freely and eeven have churches.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I believe it is a combination. When you have a text that is so malleable in meaning yet is said to be the 'truth' or 'the word of God' it is so easilly weaponised in that way. You need both the culture/people and the religion/text to mix.
I've gotta disagree here, i don't think its malleable in meaning at all. i reckon it dictates very clearly what is and is not permissible, the culture chooses to do anything in the name of religion (doesn't mean that religion condones it - so how is the religion the problem?). seems like u have a problem with middle eastern cultural expectations, not Islam

windows64

HSC
The problem is that the new rules and guidelines they make becomes synonymous with the religion, unless someone reads the whole text and develops their own interpretation. But lets be honest, most people especially in our generation are taught religion by organisations, word of mouth, and social media.
(Where it is easilly weaponised or biased in interpretation)
they can be thought to be synonymous but many of the rules dont align with the religious rules
Yeah ur right about the word of mouth and social media thing thats why a lot of cultures are extremely distorted versions of religion

nsw..wollongong

HSC
like im just speaking from my perspective as a Christian, it kinda wouldn't make sense that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world if its as oppressive as u say, ur telling me all these women are converting to Islam bc its oppressive?

windows64

HSC
I've gotta disagree here, i don't think its malleable in meaning at all. i reckon it dictates very clearly what is and is not permissible, the culture chooses to do anything in the name of religion (doesn't mean that religion condones it - so how is the religion the problem?). seems like u have a problem with middle eastern cultural expectations, not Islam
exactly religion always stays the same, but the cultural interpretations are different and vary over generational periods, so comparing culture and religion isn't fair

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Disagree. The Bible states you cannot 'lie with another man.' Sections of 'holy' texts can be very vague in definition. That particular quote is easilly interpreted to condone homosexuals.
... idk what ur point is. as a follower, its not my job to interpret the Bible, I'll leave that up to the religious authorities and follow their teachings?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
not conversions in to the religion as far as I'm aware. Muslim families have more kids than other families, such as families in the more Christian West who are choosing to have less children for whatever reason. Also, the amount of people who identify with a religion can be skewed once again. Do they align with the cultural values? Do they align with the text itself based on their own unbiased interpretation?
its acc funny that u think that there's no way that all these ppl would convert to Islam bc they believe in its true meaning, rather it has to be that they're being coerced into it or they don't know what they're doing

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I don't care what you want to believe or how you believe it, it's not my business. I'm just giving my own perspective on this conversation which has veered extremely far off topic.
idk man im just replying to ur stuff idk where the convo was headed anyways loll 💀

windows64

HSC
I don't care what you want to believe or how you believe it, it's not my business. I'm just giving my own perspective on this conversation which has veered extremely far off topic.
i love when conversations go off topic its so fun

windows64

HSC
I in no way said that lol. I said they're born in to it. I never said 'coerced' or they 'dont know what theyre doing'
they can leave the religion too, but its growing meaning people choose to stay in the religion rather than leave it

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I in no way said that lol. I said they're born in to it. I never said 'coerced' or they 'dont know what theyre doing'
"Do they align with the cultural values? Do they align with the text itself based on their own unbiased interpretation?"
i think this implies that converts don't know where their intentions lie 💀

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I was talking about how the amounts of people in the religion are counted 💀 If I said right now, without reading a page of the Quran and knowing little about it, 'I'm a muslim', would I be part of that statistic?
nah cuz i don't think ppl are converting after reading one page from the Quran 💀 (or any religion for that matter)

windows64

HSC
Okay I agree but what is this proving?
that although people have the oppurtunity to easily leave the relgion, they choose to stay. There must be some sort of connection people feel with islam. If it was oppressive, why would all of these people choose to stay? The point is, islam, to alot of people, is what they like, and they aren't being forced into anything, they can't be, proving that the religion isnt oppressive

nsw..wollongong

HSC
I know people who converted because of Andrew Tate my guy, anything's possible, especially with social media painting it in such a 'cool' and 'masculine' light
umm I'm pretty sure ppl are doing more than blindly converting to Islam bc darling tate said so... and tf u mean cool and masculine bruh religion aint a trend 😭

windows64

HSC
I know people who converted because of Andrew Tate my guy, anything's possible, especially with social media painting it in such a 'cool' and 'masculine' light
yeah religion is a pretty big deal, they mightve been inspired by andrew tate but they obviously did their own research to decide that they want to be part of islam right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)