Scholarships? (1 Viewer)

monique66

Is anyone apply for one? If so, what exactly? I have no idea about anything. My principal mentioned something about applying for them by September but i'm just interested as to what types of scholarships there are...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
When i went to discovery day at UWS, they told us to apply for scholarships no matter what! you never know what might happen. and i told my dad this and he said no way in the world will i be eligible for one. In the minds of the government, our family earns too much income for a scholarship.

tempco

HSC
depends what uni you're headed to. unsw has co-op.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
biggest advice = apply for EVERYTHING. its not going to hurt

theyre basically the same thing over and over, list all your qualities, extra curricular activities, give a show of a reference from a teacher/principal, maybe a letter or two....

tempco

HSC
eca's are extremely important. uai, a lot less than what most people think, but obviously enough for the course.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
biggest advice = apply for EVERYTHING. its not going to hurt.
Thats true. If its a UAI based scholarship, you really can't predict what your UAI is going to be now. So just apply for everything, you never know, you might get the scholarship when you thought that you didn't have a chance.

When I was in year 12, a friend of mine only applied for 2 scholarships, both were UAI based I think, and she didn't get either one!

Theres nothing wrong with applying for heaps and heaps :)

monique66

what kind of scholarships are there though? and what is an eca?

monique66

oh coolies, if i say i was part of blah team and debating and crap like that, would that be of any use?

tempco

HSC
damnation said:
oh coolies, if i say i was part of blah team and debating and crap like that, would that be of any use?
yes. just add "school captain" for good measure.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
biggest advice = apply for EVERYTHING. its not going to hurt

theyre basically the same thing over and over, list all your qualities, extra curricular activities, give a show of a reference from a teacher/principal, maybe a letter or two....
I WAS gonna apply.. but then I couldn't be bothered updating my resume before the HSC.. :(

and darn co-op has so many questions~! do we look like we HAD the time back then???

but yea, just apply for everything.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I think for like design, computer programming if you submit some of your works you get preference over others??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)