• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scaling of IPT to Senior Science (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Is it by alot? just say if i get 80% in both IPT and Senior science, what will it both scale to?
I'm not quite sure of the exact scaling (you would have to look at table A3 from the UAC guide I think), but I think that IPT does perform quite a bit better (Senior Science is a poor scaler, whilst IPT is average/slightly below average).

theonly1

HSC
I'm not quite sure of the exact scaling (you would have to look at table A3 from the UAC guide I think), but I think that IPT does perform quite a bit better (Senior Science is a poor scaler, whilst IPT is average/slightly below average).
If i do senior science is their a chance i can still get 85% for my atar? I am currently doing the following subjects;

Physics, Biology, English Standard, Ancient History, Math 2U,
(IPT or Senior Science)=> As a backup subject

Okashi

HSC
If i do senior science is their a chance i can still get 85% for my atar? I am currently doing the following subjects;

Physics, Biology, English Standard, Ancient History, Math 2U,
(IPT or Senior Science)=> As a backup subject
He answered your question that IPT is a higher scaler than Senior Science. Choosing which subject depends on how well or interested you're in it.

maokao

HSC
N/A
I thought in year 11 you couldn't do any sciences with senior science?

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
A question within a question, if i do senior science can i still get an Atar of 85?
Look, honestly choose what interests you whilst taking scaling into account. This has always been asked - doing a certain set of X subjects doesn't predetermine your ATAR or a certain threshold of scoring. Of course this becomes an issue when you're gunning for a high ATAR (99+) but 85 is very achievable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)