Sc Scale (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey do you really get scaled for the school certificate.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The SC does get scalled. My teachers at school tell me they scale all the test results and classmarks for our reports etc.

Autumn_Rain

HSC
They just muck with the average and standard deviation to make sure the results fit a bell curve. It would take around 30 seconds.

For the school marks, what they do is if your school 'earns' 100 A's, 50 B's, 70 C's and 10 D's then the top 100 will get an A, next 50 a B etc.

adgala

HSC
i doubt it...the final mark on the school cert external exam results is probably not scaled, you get ur mark as is from ur test results

Ankita

HSC
I have no clue. i have heard that it is, but i doubt it!

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
yeh they do get scaled, they add like a few marks, e.g if you get 95 it bcms 97 0r 98!!!

speedo

HSC
correct!!!!!!

Kido1 is perfectly correct!!!!.

They add exactly 3 marks, some1 told me

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Go Speedo.
Go you good thing!!!
I found out I got that point D question in maths wrong
grrrrr....

Stop Studying

HSC
FOR D "they add 3 marks"

well my teacher, my english coordinator, the boys coordinator, and the principal DR ALI told me that they half ur original mark and they add 50
EG

if u get 56 initially then : 56/2= 28 +50 = 78 Congrats u got Band 4 (nothing to be proud about)
yet if u get 90 initially: 90/2= 45 +50 = 95 Congrats u got Band 6 AND a scholarship
AND THAT KID DAT SAID THEY ADD 3 MARKS, THIS AINT 2 UNIT MATHS HSC BRAINIAC, USE THAT MACHINE IN UR FN HEAD. ITS SC
SO DONT GET CONFUSED BIG SHOT HE THINKS WERE DOING HSC TELL UR FRIEND AND UR SELF TO GO JUMP u disgust me
and oh plz dont go crying

P

pLuvia

No need for flaming

And no your way of scaling is wrong. It depends on your school cohort and your mark

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Stop Studying said:
well my teacher, my english coordinator, the boys coordinator, and the principal DR ALI told me that they half ur original mark and they add 50
EG

if u get 56 initially then : 56/2= 28 +50 = 78 Congrats u got Band 4 (nothing to be proud about)
yet if u get 90 initially: 90/2= 45 +50 = 95 Congrats u got Band 6 AND a scholarship
AND THAT KID DAT SAID THEY ADD 3 MARKS, THIS AINT 2 UNIT MATHS HSC BRAINIAC, USE THAT MACHINE IN UR FN HEAD. ITS SC
SO DONT GET CONFUSED BIG SHOT HE THINKS WERE DOING HSC TELL UR FRIEND AND UR SELF TO GO JUMP u disgust me

lol he kinda pisted me of as well

kodos

Premium Member
HSC
Stop Studying said:
EG

My science teacher who has been a long marker of the school c papers and is one of the head markers says that is how they do your marks. They half your score and add 50. BUT my maths teacher and deputy principal says that they add a few extra marks on your exam total. So I am not quite sure which one to assume to be correct.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
ahh bugger. who cares. it's all done now, not that we can do anything about it, so stop worrying :D

Kinkish

HSC
N/A
Stop Studying said:
EG

AHAHAHA WTF?! XD I don't know if this was supposed to be funny or not but it sure was random.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If someone got 0 as raw mark, you half and add fifty to get 50, does that mean you can't fail the sc? LOL

P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
If someone got 0 as raw mark, you half and add fifty to get 50, does that mean you can't fail the sc? LOL
Yep that's correct Riviet :) Looking at my SC results right now :p

Well maybe you can, there are marks below 50 i.e. Band 1, but told by my teacher and many people, if you are the SC test you already passed, if your not obviously you fail

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
I hope they divide your mark by 2 and add 50!!!
If I get 92 for science that wuld bcm 96
95 for maths-98
86 for english-93

NO WAY!!!

I wish, But I DO NOT BELieve in it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)