Sc Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Everything i studied e.g women, fieldwork and Pyrmont & Ultimo was not in it. I was just thinking, "shit! This can't be happening". But I just used the old art of BS+some knowledge to do the questions.

kodos

Premium Member
HSC
tmhai said:
what was the time for the chick to leave the building that was running to the jetty.
i put 6:05 because it took her 15 minutes to get there. How i worked it out?? well 6.8/1.7=4, then 60 minutes/4=15 minutes and therefore it took her 15 minutes to get there.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Yeah this years history sc sucked i had done past papers from the last 5 years and they all have been practically same for those written response questions. I was supprised when they asked about communism etc

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
kodos said:
i put 6:05 because it took her 15 minutes to get there. How i worked it out?? well 6.8/1.7=4, then 60 minutes/4=15 minutes and therefore it took her 15 minutes to get there.
I got the same answer. I accidently miscalculated but luckily I checked it again. :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
fronttoback said:
I thought the Geography exam was much easier then usual (with the exception of the long response which was interesting but not something I'd focased on). We didn't even have to draw our own climate graph we just had to finnish one off.

The History was different but I still felt it was simple. What about that war propaganda question though- I thought that was very English based (which I loved!).

I didn't do maths this year but all my friends in year 10 said they felt it was pretty standard.

So yeah SC 2005 is over! Good luck with your results everyone...
You didnt do maths, why didn't you, its a compulsory test to recieve a SC? Are you in yr 9 or something?

TheBressman

BIT Student @ UTS
HSC
well it is possible to do maths in yr 9. 60 ppl from our school did maths in yr 9 so we had 3 hours to bludge before history/geography :)

speedo

HSC
exam thoughts

I am an accelerated student so i did the sct for english, maths and science in year9. I think english was hard and maths and science really easy!!!!!!!!

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
fronttoback said:
I'm in Year Nine for Maths. Year 10 for history, geography and science and have just begun Year 12 for English. But I skipped year eleven not year 10 so I still had to finnish the junior school by stitting the English exam this year....

So what does everyone think they'll get approximately?
I don't get it. Are you at a special (I don't mean retarded) school or something? How can you be in 3 different years?

Man I'm so confused. My mind won't think anymore, it's in holiday mode.

Ankita

HSC
Wooz said:
NO, its not *chucks tamper tantrum* Mitosis is the copying of the whole cell, the question asked what was the copying of DNA called and the process in which DNA is coppied completly is called DNA replication.
Oh Damn!!!!!
i put replication 1st then crossed it out and put mitosis coz i saw the word process
argh!

Ankita

HSC
what did people put for the yellow precipitate?
was it lead iodide or sodium nitrate?
i put lead iodide for sum odd reason that i seemed to work out then

P

pLuvia

m0ofin said:
Alex. said:
lol serimify u posted same time as me. anyway i dont think u will lose marks for putting "NA" moofin cause they kno wat u mean it doesnt really mean anything else
Whooo! *jumps up and down*, thanks heaps, i hope ur right
Sorry to blow your happiness, but you will lose marks for putting Sodium as NA and not as Na. It makes a difference. Even though the markers know what you mean, theoretically it is wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
m0ofin said:
Awwww man, i thought so, that woman lied to me!! i'm gonna try and stalk her. pfft, that is so crap. aarrrrgghh!!! *pulls own hair*
Thanks for telling though:)
Yeah the examples were misleading they showed all the box examples with capital letters, but the instructions did not specificly say that the answers had to be in capital letters, so its your own fault for listening to one of those stupid examiners.

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
kadlil said:
Sorry to blow your happiness, but you will lose marks for putting Sodium as NA and not as Na. It makes a difference. Even though the markers know what you mean, theoretically it is wrong
Aww...S##t! I knew that you should never write two capitals for Sodium but the instructions said to use Block letters so I wrote it as NA. Stupid instructions.

P

pLuvia

You should have asked the supervisor in the hall. But yes I know it is a hassle, but it is worth it :)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Yeah. :( I should've asked the supervisor but hopefully they won't penalise me for something stupid like that. The school certificate doesn't even matter anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)