samsung phones and sms language (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hi i have a reasonably new samsung phone (E350 for the record) and for some reason my sms language has set itself to some weird language, i think vietnamese or something. the rest of the phone is in english, ie it'll say 'message settings', not '*stuff i can't read*'... it's just for when i try and write anything in english. i've tried going directly to the dictionary and setting it back to english (abt 5, 6 times now) but it won't work. i've also tried turning off the phone and removing the sim but it doesn't make any difference.

has this happened to anyone else? do you know how i can fix it?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... do you mean Vietnamese for typing, or Vietnames for dictionary? I'm not really sure how viet looks but on my Samsung (D600), when typing an SMS, I press Options (left softkey), menu option 9 (Language Select), and then switch between 1 (English), 4 (Chinese pinyin), 5 (Simplified Chinese stroke) and 7 (Bahasa Melayu). So I'm guessing that last menu will have different options for your phone based on where you bought it- my one doesn't have Vietnamese but I can see Thai.

Anyhow, usually once you set the option there, it sticks for the next time you use dictionary mode? *shrugs*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i have no idea what language it was but oh well! doesn't matter!

and ahhhh! thank you so much. i think i know what i did now - i had to send some numbers thru before and pressed the * instead of the 0... so when i pressed the 4 it went to mystery language...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)