Sailor Moon :) :) (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
:D :D :D
fighting evil by moonlight...winning love by daylight..never running from a real fight, she is the one named sailor moon...:D :D
Sailor Mercury was my favourite..I envied Sailor Moon because Tuxedo Mask liked her :D :D

HSC
Uni Grad
I have seasons 1 and 2 but I haven't watched it since I was a kid, firing up ep 1 now hopefully it wont be ruined by age.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
...dayumm ive been trying to find the vids for soooo long...do you know who might possibly still sell them??
its a shame the cartoon got cancelled...sob :(
it really was the best anime ever

HSC
Uni Grad
I doubt anywhere legit would still sell them, ~online~ is probably about it.
Yes it was great, not best imo but still great.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
lol....forgot which two they were..but there was a leso couple :D haha sailor neptune and uranus
but i <3 their outfits..i wish i had an outfit like that <3

HSC
Uni Grad
Holy shit the cat sounds (somewhat) like my year 7/8 english/history teacher hahaha

muhahahahahaha

HSC
absolutely love their outfits!! anyone know why the cartoon got cancelled??
I heard its because there was too much 'nuditiy'..but this info is coming from youtube comments :S :S

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Apparently the original jap version had a l ot moreskimpy outfits/mildly sexual content, so i wouldn't be surprised.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
LOL...yeahh ive watched some of the jap episodes with my friend at uni..hahahahahaha it was great :D
but even in the one that was shown here...when they transform, they are naked before they transform into the heroes that they are so yeah..
As a kid, the transformation part was my favourite.i dont know, i just loved the way the outfit came together..

muhahahahahaha

HSC
haha..i guess so :) according to youtube comments..(very reliable source, i know..), Japs dont view nudity in the same light as we do here. They dont find it as disturbing or perverted to expose children to nudity in anime like we do.
Should we become more relaxed in exposing our children to this material or should they become more 'conservative'??

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm pretty sure it just ended because of natural ratings slides and appeal.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I remember when a girl I knew came dressed in a Sailor Moon costume to a party I attended...

It was... interesting.

esu_chan

HSC
I. LOVE. SAILOR. MOON.

I love the original Japanese version of the anime so much better - although the English version is soooo nostalgic - I used to watch it when I was like, 6!

Holy shit the cat sounds (somewhat) like my year 7/8 english/history teacher hahaha
Luna's english voice is horrible! D: In the original she sounds like (and actually is!) a young woman!

When I rewatched the series (in English) recently, I couldn't help but notice that she sounds exactly like my grandma.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Great show.
Started rewatching during HSC and it was bad news for my internet and HSC.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think there are a few places which sell the full set- I bought my sister the set as a present when I saw it in Singapore not that long ago on DVD.

My girlfriend watched right up until the very end of the Stars, whereas I think I stopped sometime after the Outer Senshi came and left (I think I saw up to Super S? Or wherever the second batch of people stopped the English dub- i.e. not DIC). As lame as it sounds I really liked the theme song for the outer senshi and the whole story of Amara/Michiru (and how it contrasted the original Japanese version). I watched it on Fox Kids from memory around 2003 when they used to run it every day after school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)