Running list of key examples for Bio Trials/HSC (1 Viewer)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Describe ONE response of a named Australian plant to a named pathogen (3)

-from james ruse paper --can someone help me with this?? I dont think ive learnt this
Banksia is an Australian plant that undergoes cell death to seal of pathogen due to a response to a fungal pathogen (Puccinia triticina Eriks), causing the plant disease 'rust'. It causes an observable response of yellow patches on the top of the leaf as well as black spots and blotches on the leaf. This is due to a failed physical barrier, thick cuticle and leaf orientation which failed to prevent the replication of the pathogen. The pathogen triggered a rapid active response, which caused the cell death to seal of pathogen, which involves the cells around the pathogen dying, preventing the pathogen from receiving nutrients, leading to pathogen death.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Banksia is an Australian plant that undergoes cell death to seal of pathogen due to a response to a fungal pathogen (Puccinia triticina Eriks), causing the plant disease 'rust'. It causes an observable response of yellow patches on the top of the leaf as well as black spots and blotches on the leaf. This is due to a failed physical barrier, thick cuticle and leaf orientation which failed to prevent the replication of the pathogen. The pathogen triggered a rapid active response, which caused the cell death to seal of pathogen, which involves the cells around the pathogen dying, preventing the pathogen from receiving nutrients, leading to pathogen death.
this is so much easier than the example i ended up learning (phytophthora whatever it was called 💀 ) thank you so much

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Explain how allele frequencies for SNP's could be used to determine the origin of a particular allele (4 marks)

help

helloworld!

HSC
this is so much easier than the example i ended up learning (phytophthora whatever it was called 💀 ) thank you so much
Hello!

I learnt a strange example as well and had an even more peculiar way of remembering it! Phytophthora Cinnamomi. And the way to remember it was Phytophthora CinnaMOMMY 🤣.

- helloworld!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)