Rules for workers (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
waterfowl said:
Again, they/we are required to do that, if we don't we get introuble (if managers find out we aren't upselling).
i know, that's why i added the end line
but it's ok if they ask and then when i don't want it leave it at that. but i hate it when i say no and they ask if i want something else, then something else. there's a way of selling nicely and a way of being pushy about it.

X

xeuyrawp

soha said:
rules for workers..dont ask me as soon as i walk into a clothes shop if i need any help
There's a special procedure that's generally agreed upon in terms of salesmanship that's taught at sony stores. If you have nothing to do in the store, like cleaning, and you need to stand on the floor: You don't approach the customer immediately. This is because 1. you scare and annoy them by doing this, and 2. you don't know if they're a time waster. After you've established that they're not a time waster, ie they're staying in the same section of the store, you can approach them. Nobody comes into a store that sells electronics, browses around the store, then buys something. If you're at the front of the store and want to make yourself seen, you stay in the same spot and say hello. For those people that complain about "when I say hello to customers, they say "i'm fine thanks!"" are walking up to the customer. If you stand still while you say hello, and let them walk, you'll find they say hello back rather than (correctly) assuming you want to help.

Conversely, you can't huddle in a group of people as workers. It's so scary! If you have to talk, stand far enough away so you can watch the store and customers, but close enough so you're not shouting. Also- store counters and check outs are always in the front of the shop: Don't hide behind them and stay there, that's the worst place to be in terms of shop safety and customer service. Obviously if you see a customer walk up to the counter, walk up there, but generally they'll come to see a person.

It sounds stupid when you first hear this, but it makes sense, body language is important. If they see you walk up to them immediately, they know you want to help them.

HSC
I figured out that you ask people while they are browsing rather as soon as they come in, because you need to let them establish what we have, then they can launch questions at me

I used to ask as soon as customers walked in then I realised most said 'Oh i'll just see what drills you got and get back to you', so i just usually waited a few min then approached them, or if they are in need of help (you can tell because they are looking around for help)

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
do not ask me if i want something to go with what i am about to buy

don't try to sell me more products

don't use the fact you know me as a way to try and get more business for the company

don't be pushy, i won't come back

especially don't be pushy if you're pay isn't going to rise with the sales you make
Quite frankly I don't give a damn if people don't buy anything

Asking customers if they need any help is a requirement that, once ticked off, I can get back to what I'm doing. It's not like we want to be bugging people.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Stop following me around after I've already explicitly stated that I do NOT want help.

X

xeuyrawp

JKDDragon said:
Stop following me around after I've already explicitly stated that I do NOT want help.
Yeah that annoys me a lot. Hence the "Stand Still" rule for workers.

waterfowl

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Maybe you look suspicious, and therefore workers are following you around in order to keep an eye on you.

X

xeuyrawp

waterfowl said:
Maybe you look suspicious, and therefore workers are following you around in order to keep an eye on you.
God don't get me started on people who DON"T watch sus customers. Let's just say that I don't like to run.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
oh yeah thats another thing i hate
when i walked into stores with my skool bag or just in skool uniform
i was always watched closely and followed and shit incase i was gonna steal
it pissed me off soo much
i could understand why..but still..i would never steal in my life..
but i was suspected of doing so

waterfowl

HSC
If you have a bag or a pram you should expect to be watched; majority of people who steal, hide the goods in such items.

X

xeuyrawp

soha said:
oh yeah thats another thing i hate
when i walked into stores with my skool bag or just in skool uniform
i was always watched closely and followed and shit incase i was gonna steal
it pissed me off soo much
i could understand why..but still..i would never steal in my life..
but i was suspected of doing so
Well maybe you should leave your bag at the front, or behind their counter so it's safe?

Edit:
WaterFoul said:
If you have a bag or a pram you should expect to be watched; majority of people who steal, hide the goods in such items.
Dang, beat me to iT :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Collin

HSC
N/A
waterfowl said:
You assume too much.

HSC
Don't close the door while i'm running down the stairs to catch the train, only to open it half a minute later when you see an old lady.

I ran. She didn't.

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
for retail:
don't treat younger(or younger looking) customers differently to older customers. young ppl have jobs too..they CAN afford to buy things

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Don't close the door while i'm running down the stairs to catch the train, only to open it half a minute later when you see an old lady.

I ran. She didn't.
thats so true
a really frail old man got to the door just as it shut and the man opened it for him
then a young woman was running her ass of in heels and the train left
i was like..oh come on..if ur gonna open it for one person..u have to open it for another

doe

HSC
N/A
moffat said:
for retail:
don't treat younger(or younger looking) customers differently to older customers. young ppl have jobs too..they CAN afford to buy things
try buying a house aged 25

agents assume that a) i cant afford anything and b) im thick as shit.

christ it pisses me off.

HSC
Oh, and I hate it when you go to a nice restaurant, and you split the bill and then they wont give you your change because they presume that it's a tip.

IDIOTS! Do you think four students are going to tip you $50? We don't have change. Provide change, whether it's $100 or 10c (especially if it's more than shrapnel). If we want to tip you we will leave money behind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)