Rules for workers (1 Viewer)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Oh, and I hate it when you go to a nice restaurant, and you split the bill and then they wont give you your change because they presume that it's a tip.

IDIOTS! Do you think four students are going to tip you $50? We don't have change. Provide change, whether it's $100 or 10c (especially if it's more than shrapnel). If we want to tip you we will leave money behind.

maybe you should just ask for the change and when they give it to you, you can give them a tip you can afford then

chrissie_t

HSC
Supervisors: Don't wander out for a smoke every hour or so, when we are barely allowed to leave our checkouts.
(I know this has been said but hey...) I really hate going near those clothes stores like Supre etc that sell clothes for the thin chicks. I'm a larger chick and some of the dirty looks I get when I walk near those stores (I'm always with friends, not by myself) are horrible. I know i'm not going to buy anything but I wish they wouldn't look at me like i'm below them just because I can't fit into the "Love the OC" tshirt...

HSC
What really pisses me off is when people push in front of me forcefully by running me over with their choc-a-block trolleys when I'm in the express lane which says 'NO TROLLEYS or 12 ITEMS AND LESS'.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
dont sit in your seat waving the fucken bill at me when im clearly serving other customers. You can wait for me, if you are in a hurry, come up to the register yourself and you will be served with much quicker.

edit- woops wrong thread

Last edited:

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
HELLO!--Supervisers! when I'm ringing my bell I am obviously experiencing some difficulty with a customer! Get off the fucking phone and help me!

To managers: When I have to leave at a certain time, YES I do have to leave! (Which is usually an hour after close anyway) Dont make me stay any longer

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I really don't care if your teenaged son/daughter is doing the HSC or is in university. I only told you what I was doing to not appear rude.

I will say Please and Thankyou, the least you could do is the same.

I don't expect you to know where everything is or what anything is, but you could at least direct me to someone who would have a better chance of knowing.

Yes I understand some 15 year olds may look like me thats why I will happily give you my ID for the knife I am buying but don't expect me to be happy when you reach the spraypaint next and ask for it again. I will be especially be annoyed if its the other way round.

Yes when four teenage males come in at 12:30 am, and buy sparklers, and potatos, it means we are going to blow shit up, don't give us a weird look you are just lucky we don't know where you live.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
chrissie_t said:
Supervisors: Don't wander out for a smoke every hour or so, when we are barely allowed to leave our checkouts.
(I know this has been said but hey...) I really hate going near those clothes stores like Supre etc that sell clothes for the thin chicks. I'm a larger chick and some of the dirty looks I get when I walk near those stores (I'm always with friends, not by myself) are horrible. I know i'm not going to buy anything but I wish they wouldn't look at me like i'm below them just because I can't fit into the "Love the OC" tshirt...
I totally agree! It is so rude when sales people look at you like "what are YOU doing in here" just because you may not fit in to the clothes that they sell.... or because you are dressed like a povvo and the shop is expensive.... the other day I was in Sportsgirl looking at something and the sales assistant gave me the biggest mocking look and said "can I help you" in such a judgemental tone.... I was like "I'm fine I'm just looking at the jewelery"... what a bitch.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
- Dont say "Hi, how are you" in an un-happy or over excietd way...if u mean it, say it like you do, otherwise, dont bother saying anything.

- Dont ask me if i "have the right change"...if i did...i would have given it to you.

- Ask for my I.D...but dont tell me about your son/daughter who is 'nearly' 18 and how excited they are, or that your Great Aunty Jean has the same b'day as me..i only smile and nod to be polite.

- When i ask you where to find something, dont grunt at me, or roll you eyes like its the worst thing thats ever happened to you. Im only asking.

kirabolton

HSC
when your calling for the superviser please DO NOT scream across the store for me, there is a bell you ding for a reason!

The thing that pisses me off the most - IF you are running out of change and need it, DO NOT wait until there are queues going down the aisles, i am on registers and you have no notes or coins then expect me to get you the change immedietly. For gods sake JUST do it earlier! urgh...

I am a nice superviser, i give you your breaks, don't make other people late for breaks or going home by being back 10 minutes late.

If the lines are really long and someone obviously has to go on registers, CALL for someone don't just stand there until a customers bugs the floor staff.

kirabolton

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
- Dont say "Hi, how are you" in an un-happy or over excietd way...if u mean it, say it like you do, otherwise, dont bother saying anything.

- Dont ask me if i "have the right change"...if i did...i would have given it to you.

- Ask for my I.D...but dont tell me about your son/daughter who is 'nearly' 18 and how excited they are, or that your Great Aunty Jean has the same b'day as me..i only smile and nod to be polite.

- When i ask you where to find something, dont grunt at me, or roll you eyes like its the worst thing thats ever happened to you. Im only asking.

Do you work on registers? Because i know lots of customers who get annoyed if you don't great them and so we do but do we really care? And besides, it's easier for YOU if you have the right change and there are loads of people who have it but never bother giving it to you. When you deal with a load of annoying customers everyday you kind of get grumpy ok? If you work in customer service you usually don't mind grumpy people because you realise what a shit job it can be.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
sped_kid01 said:
-
i beg to differ.... i have had customers who insist on buying <$10 groceries with $100 notes when i can clearly see a 20 or a 10 ...AND its even worse when there is hardly any change in the drawer cos the store just opened!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Katie123 said:
i beg to differ.... i have had customers who insist on buying <$10 groceries with $100 notes when i can clearly see a 20 or a 10 ...AND its even worse when there is hardly any change in the drawer cos the store just opened!
oh god i hate that.. it happens especially with old men in our store.. their wallets are filled with $20, $10 and $5 notes but they insist on giving the $50 or $100... then they complain when its 830 in the morning and we have no change because we have only just opened.. grr just give the closest note to the amount u need to pay old men!

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
kirabolton said:
Do you work on registers? Because i know lots of customers who get annoyed if you don't great them and so we do but do we really care? And besides, it's easier for YOU if you have the right change and there are loads of people who have it but never bother giving it to you. When you deal with a load of annoying customers everyday you kind of get grumpy ok? If you work in customer service you usually don't mind grumpy people because you realise what a shit job it can be.
yep...work @ coles darling! :p

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Hahah I always try to give correct change if I have it. But if something is priced at say $5.05 and I only have a 20, and not the 5c, that's the store's fault for making it such a retarded price. Give me my $14.95 change! :p

However nothing shits me more than when 2 employees have a pointless conversation about nothing which goes on for ages meanwhile I'm waiting to be served yet they are too oblivious to notice I want to buy something, because bitching about xxx person is so much more important than DOING YOUR WORK which is what you're being PAID for.

Also, don't complain about how you have to serve soo many customers and there are too many and you just wish no customers would come so you could sit on your arse all day doing nothing. Without us you'd have no job so be grateful!!! >: D

HSC
for coworkers:

if i am actually doing my job and in the middle of a conversation with a customer [as i serve them], dont start talking to me. infact, if there are any customers waiting to be served - dont talk to me.

1) its rude to the customers
2) i get confused
3) its just annoying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)