Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

bdude

HSC
I was in a surf store and this lady asked to exchange a pair of shoes and the assistant asked if she had the receipt and the lady answered "yeh, it's on the kitchen table, can I still exchange them?"

*facepalm* and this store is known for its strict refund and exchange policy

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I was in a surf store and this lady asked to exchange a pair of shoes and the assistant asked if she had the receipt and the lady answered "yeh, it's on the kitchen table, can I still exchange them?"

*facepalm* and this store is known for its strict refund and exchange policy
Yeah it's like with Everyday Rewards Cards.

Me: Do you have an Everyday Rewards Card?
Them: Yeah
Me: *waits a few seconds*
Me: Do you have an EDR card?
Them: Yeah, but not with me
Me: *face fucking palm*

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, it seems the majors have more lenient return policies than the little guys. I've had a mate at Rebel Sport say that can do exchanges without receipts but of course when I went in there, different story.

But really, it's common sense. Without a receipt, how do we know when you've bought it? What amount to refund for? If you bought it at our store or elsewhere? Whether you've actually bought it or stolen it and trying to return it for money back (haha, wouldn't surprise me...). Common sense seems to be lacking in the general public.

spazamataz

HSC
Okay, i've been working in a supermarket for about two weeks now, and already: (sorry if they've been said)
-Don't give me your reusable bags or chiller bag after i have bagged everything already
-I can't do anything about it, so stop going off at me, if you just wait to complain to my supervisor i will get them
-Don't talk down to me as if i'm stupid in front of my manager - we both know that you are the stupid one
-Don't expect me to know every single fruit and vegetable that we sell, i am just asking you what it is so that you get the best price
-Okay, so you didn't tell an operator that you were eligible for a discount/didn't show them your card, don't come in 5 hours later and ask for the discount again on that transaction - it was only 40c anyway

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Okay, i've been working in a supermarket for about two weeks now, and already: (sorry if they've been said)
-Don't give me your reusable bags or chiller bag after i have bagged everything already
-I can't do anything about it, so stop going off at me, if you just wait to complain to my supervisor i will get them
-Don't talk down to me as if i'm stupid in front of my manager - we both know that you are the stupid one
-Don't expect me to know every single fruit and vegetable that we sell, i am just asking you what it is so that you get the best price
-Okay, so you didn't tell an operator that you were eligible for a discount/didn't show them your card, don't come in 5 hours later and ask for the discount again on that transaction - it was only 40c anyway
Yeah I love it how you do 3/4 of their shopping then they say "ohhh I have bags!".
Like, my fucking god.

Another thing that pisses me off, is when a customer who has 3 items manages to take up the WHOLE conveyor belt by spreading them out, you could have used 20cm of the belt if you put them together, idiot. This happens a lot with bottles of soft drink, people have 5 bottles spread across the entire belt

HSC
But really, it's common sense. Without a receipt, how do we know when you've bought it? What amount to refund for? If you bought it at our store or elsewhere? Whether you've actually bought it or stolen it and trying to return it for money back (haha, wouldn't surprise me...). Common sense seems to be lacking in the general public.
You know what, I'm sure that happens in about 50% of our nonreceipt refunds. Anything that we think is suss can go on a returns card, but if its only a few dollars then it actually costs the company more for the returns card and corresponding eft transactions than to give the cash back.

Yesterday I had someone try to exchange a lightbulb that wouldn't scan...she didn't get an exchange even though her receipt was from woolworths (but another site, and we didn't stock it). She didn't like it one bit.

Otacon2009

HSC
One I remembered that occured to me before the holidays:

If for whatever reason you buy 100 cans of dog food/bottles of soft drink etc, please for the love of god ask a grocery staff member to check out the back to see if there are any boxes of the stuff. It makes me go alot faster because I can get a supervisor and do simple multiplications and you are off again. I got sick of people who mix up the flavours or don't even know how many. I got a customer with 185 little cans of dog food once and even the acting weekend manager called our supervisor over (But realised how I had to scan them all)

bdude

HSC
I hate when I ask someone "what kind of potatoes are these?" and they answer "i dunno", then I ask "how much were they?" and again, "i dunno, they just looked good"

what kind of idiot picks out fruit/ver without even looking how much they cost?? grrr

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I hate when I ask someone "what kind of potatoes are these?" and they answer "i dunno", then I ask "how much were they?" and again, "i dunno, they just looked good"

what kind of idiot picks out fruit/ver without even looking how much they cost?? grrr
No No No!

What kind of idiot picks fruit/veg without knowing what it is? Seriously that's just so fucking stupid, I don't think I've ever heard of such a fucking dumbcunt thing for somebody to do before (cannot stress my hate for this enough)

:p hehe rant over.

Otacon2009

HSC
Totally agree with you. I've wondered what would happen if one launched a supermarket where other than aisle decriptions, no indication of what the product could be. All the boxes will just a white background with the price written on it. The produce will only have the number but not the type listed. Sure it may not work because it throws out whatever is used to restock, but it appears that customers don't care about the product as long as there is a price tag. Plus it's not technically breaking that often cited Trade Practices Act that weekend lawyers love to point out because the price is clearly set out. May be a little ambiguity on what is inside, but to some customers, it's only about the price.

bdude

HSC
Oh, and another fail customer:

Customer: uhhhh mate, uhhh were do youse have your frozen hamburgers?
Me: In the freezer section, just down in that direction
Customer: oh, I looked there, I could only find chicken burgers

I seriously do wonder how some people manage to function.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Read the terms and conditions

Seriously how hard is it

Especially when the most important part (automatic billing renewal) is POSTED IN BIG LETTERS RIGHT UNDER THE PRICES ARE YOU RETARDED

And if you don't read it, do not call me 3 months later and have a ragefit because I will not refund you all the money that was "taken from you without your permission". You had 3 months to oh i don't know, check your credit card statement once in a while and maybe clue in to what was happening.

I swear I have posted this rule like 16 times, clearly some customers need to be shown this thread aargh.

spazamataz

HSC
Hahaha this happened the other day:
-Don't put your money/credit card or anything that is paper thin, it will get sucked underneath the conveyor belt - and yes, there is a sign that says that

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
One time an old man said he gave me a $50 note when he infact did not. The dick put it on the belt which sucked it in.. So, you "handed" it to me did you?

Roll Eyes.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
One time an old man said he gave me a $50 note when he infact did not. The dick put it on the belt which sucked it in.. So, you "handed" it to me did you?

Roll Eyes.
ahahaha fail. what did you have to do then?

lil-chilean

HSC
hahah thats funny
u have to add please don't say my name ,you don't know me and where not friends

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
don't fucken come into the store with 5minutes to close on NYE to return clothing items. when i walk to the change room and say the store is now closed i mean it. not another 20minutes later when you decide the clothes finally fit. also, when you finally come to repurchase the new clothes, don't have the nerve to tell me 'ahh at least i'm making you work hard for your money' and laugh. i dont get fucken paid more cos we closed at 6. i want to go home and get pissed. its nye for fuks sake. dont tell me about your lonely existance

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
also, when you buy stuff at myer, don't tell me to just put it in this bag and hand me a david jones bag. i will probably get fired

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)