Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

monzi

HSC
I have the funniest stories ever.

When I worked in retail, this customer came in with his wife. He had brought back a bike which was broken on top and rusty. Anyway, he had no receipt, so we don't know when he purchased it. My courtesy desk girl told him that we could not do anything about it, since he had no proof of purchase. He started arguing with her, so she called me being the supervisor. (P.S they were all gutless so they'd get me to argue for them), anyway I told him the same thing and he started getting really abusive.

He then said to me 'Can you shut up and listen?' - I'm like 'No, you shut up and listen nobody tells me to shut up, I'm telling you I can do NOTHING for you'. He then goes 'Can you call your manager' (at the same time his STILL being abusive' - I was all shitty at his point, I had accidently put the phone on speaker to call the manager and forgot myself, I then go 'I'M THE SUPERVISOR, NOBODY SPEAKS TO ME IN THAT TONE, I DON'T CARE IF YOUR A CUSTOMER, GET OUT OF MY STORE NOW'. I then put the phone down and walked away, he then picked it up and threw it!!!!!!!!!!

That's when he goes 'I'm going to take you to court' - I laughed at him I'm like 'Excuse me? Your the one who threw the phone at me, that's assault and BTW I am a law student, so don't give me that 'I'm going to take you to court' ********'... He was fuming at this instance, when both managers came down and told him to leave the store and that they could not do anything about it.

DEAR GOD - SOME PEOPLE NEED THERAPY!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
nicely done, you had more balls than most of the people who post here.

but i don't suppose stating that you're a law student helps the situation. if i was in his shoes, i'd just think you're showing off. and so what if you are, law students are no different to anyone else if you were in the wrong.

but good work, we need more instances like this.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
nicely done, you had more balls than most of the people who post here.

but i don't suppose stating that you're a law student helps the situation. if i was in his shoes, i'd just think you're showing off. and so what if you are, law students are no different to anyone else if you were in the wrong.

but good work, we need more instances like this.
I think that he stating he knows the law and he has done nothing wrong.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
with the pinpad thing today i backed off more with taking cards and found you can get about 95% of people to do it themselves

also I got the best "look out the back" line ever last night, it was
"don't you have a warehouse out there at all?" pointing in the direction of the back dock, lol

(before anyone says i'm whinging, he got what he wanted via calling another store anyway, lol)

CieL

HSC
Customer: You are NOT allowed to smoke inside the store.

Some guy was standing at the kiosk today.. and it was peak hour so I was really busy.. I smelt a whiff to tobacco but didnt really think of it since I was working next to the sliding doors.. So I turned to the guy at the kiosk and asked him what he wanted.. he wanted a recharge voucher..

I was looking at him when he was talking and I saw some smoke coming up from behind the counter.. and I said in a loud voice, "You are NOT allowed to smoke in the store"

Then he started saying how he was just smoking outside. And I told him that I can see the smoke rising from the counter. Then he started to bullshit some more and it was a long day with a fucked up roster so I got annoyed and said, "I JUST SAID, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SMOKE INSIDE THE STORE. YOU ARE STANDING INSIDE THE STORE WITH A LIT CIGARETTE. THERE ARE CHILDREN AND PREGNANT WOMEN INSIDE THE STORE AND I WILL KICK YOU OUT THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU"

It was accidental.. I didnt mean to be so loud but it came out that way.. Then half an hour later I realised the guy was a staff from the fish n chips shop down the road which I've frequented a couple of times. I'm going to stand in his shop with a lit cigarette next time to see how he would react.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Customer: You are NOT allowed to smoke inside the store.

Some guy was standing at the kiosk today.. and it was peak hour so I was really busy.. I smelt a whiff to tobacco but didnt really think of it since I was working next to the sliding doors.. So I turned to the guy at the kiosk and asked him what he wanted.. he wanted a recharge voucher..

I was looking at him when he was talking and I saw some smoke coming up from behind the counter.. and I said in a loud voice, "You are NOT allowed to smoke in the store"

Then he started saying how he was just smoking outside. And I told him that I can see the smoke rising from the counter. Then he started to bullshit some more and it was a long day with a fucked up roster so I got annoyed and said, "I JUST SAID, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SMOKE INSIDE THE STORE. YOU ARE STANDING INSIDE THE STORE WITH A LIT CIGARETTE. THERE ARE CHILDREN AND PREGNANT WOMEN INSIDE THE STORE AND I WILL KICK YOU OUT THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU"

It was accidental.. I didnt mean to be so loud but it came out that way.. Then half an hour later I realised the guy was a staff from the fish n chips shop down the road which I've frequented a couple of times. I'm going to stand in his shop with a lit cigarette next time to see how he would react.
monzi said:

When I worked in retail, this customer came in with his wife. He had brought back a bike which was broken on top and rusty. Anyway, he had no receipt, so we don't know when he purchased it. My courtesy desk girl told him that we could not do anything about it, since he had no proof of purchase. He started arguing with her, so she called me being the supervisor. (P.S they were all gutless so they'd get me to argue for them), anyway I told him the same thing and he started getting really abusive.

He then said to me 'Can you shut up and listen?' - I'm like 'No, you shut up and listen nobody tells me to shut up, I'm telling you I can do NOTHING for you'. He then goes 'Can you call your manager' (at the same time his STILL being abusive' - I was all shitty at his point, I had accidently put the phone on speaker to call the manager and forgot myself, I then go 'I'M THE SUPERVISOR, NOBODY SPEAKS TO ME IN THAT TONE, I DON'T CARE IF YOUR A CUSTOMER, GET OUT OF MY STORE NOW'. I then put the phone down and walked away, he then picked it up and threw it!!!!!!!!!!

That's when he goes 'I'm going to take you to court' - I laughed at him I'm like 'Excuse me? Your the one who threw the phone at me, that's assault and BTW I am a law student, so don't give me that 'I'm going to take you to court' ********'... He was fuming at this instance, when both managers came down and told him to leave the store and that they could not do anything about it.

U guys are my heroes...i wouldnt have the guts to go that skits to a customer. Sure i will backchat, tell them off, swear at them but i could never yell at them...well done guys.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
greekgun said:
U guys are my heroes...i wouldnt have the guts to go that skits to a customer. Sure i will backchat, tell them off, swear at them but i could never yell at them...well done guys.

but i think they're in a higher position then us. ahah. Gives them more authority. :p

xxxx8888

HSC
me: swipe your card thanks.
customer: please.
me: sorry?
customer: *please*.
me: i said, swipe your card THANKS.
customer: *smiles at me*
me: *wtf*

Evilo

HSC
shinji said:

but i think they're in a higher position then us. ahah. Gives them more authority. :p
I don't think Ceil is a manager. Just has been in the buisness for long enough to argue back and not take shit when it's not deserved.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Evilo said:
I don't think Ceil is a manager. Just has been in the buisness for long enough to argue back and not take shit when it's not deserved.
i think she's a supervisor though.lol
From what i've read, that's what i've come to gather from her. Care to shed some lite on this ceil? lol.

@xxxx8888: lol?! hahah. that is a weird customer.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
babikakez said:
Thats true, eventually even the non-supervisors harden up and learn not to take shit from customers.
i find they believe u if u sound like u 100% know what ur talking about

or

if someone who isn't on a checkout backs up what ur saying
even if it's just an other checkout chick, lol, as long as they're not on a checkout at the time they might as well be a manager

also

babikakez said:
:cool:

CieL

HSC
Evilo said:
No, I'm not the CSM.
I was promoted to supervisor after 2 months of starting this job. Even though I'm not the longest working checkout staff, I am the longest working supervisor. I haven't been working there for too long, but I have seen 4-5 noobie CSMs start at this place, and initially I help them do some managerial roles I've also been trained to do. And now since the 2IC's disappeared I'm practically filling in that role.

And the guy with the lit cigarette deserved it because no-one with half a brain would smoke inside a supermarket. He would get fined, the company would get fined [we're talking thousands or tens of thousands], I could potentially get fined for letting him do it, and it is a general safety hazard.

Evilo

HSC
oh i completly agree with you - rank or no rank i would have chucked him out.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Don't order a pizza, then turn all the lights off, and go sit out in your shed, way out of earshot. I'll rightly assume you're not home and leave. I don't earn enough to make a mobile call to every customer who doesn't answer the door.

CieL

HSC
Graney said:
Don't order a pizza, then turn all the lights off, and go sit out in your shed, way out of earshot. I'll rightly assume you're not home and leave. I don't earn enough to make a mobile call to every customer who doesn't answer the door.
So what happens then?
Do you make a personal loss? Or do you still get paid for the delivery?

xxxx8888

HSC
monzi said:

http://forums.vogue.com.au/showthread.php?t=301380&page=21

second post down.

i knew what i read was really familiar. lol. i love that thread on vogue.

CieL

HSC
If you look under 25 I will ask you for ID when you ask for cigarettes.
It's store policy.

A couple days ago this ugly fat chick and her high school friend asked for a deck of smokes. I asked for ID assuming she looked young, but ugly old at the same time.

Then she goes... "You're kidding..", in which I replied, "Am I? So, do you have ID?"

Then she makes a thump on the bench the mumbles to her HS friend, saying the word TWENTY-TWO extra loud. And I was proud of myself. She is under 25!! [I have the worst record of guessing age]

```

Also this other time this young asian chick tried to buy cigarettes off me. I wasn't sure how old she looked because it was friday night and she was made up, but not dressed up.. I also asked for ID..

And she goes, "Are you serious?" [wtf is with ppl answering me with another question??]. And so I told her, "Yes. You look under 25 and I'm required to ask for your ID before I can sell you smokes".
Then she tells me that she always comes here to buy smokes and she's never been asked for ID, etc etc.. But hey, I work here practically everyday and it's the first time I've ever seen her in my life.

So. Don't try to lie your way into getting smokes. It doesn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)