Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Nashie said:
Again for Harvey Norman Furniture/Bedding (its different now I am full time)

3) I have the right to refuse service

"Hi my names Nashie, I work specifically in customer service, yet if i feel like it, i can refuse service to you."

:bomb:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
When *every* employee currently in the store is not in preferred uniform, please do not ask me if "they saw me wandering around the shop and dragged me in to work". It is quite clearly an out of uniform day.

No, unfortunately I don't have any control over the back dock alarm that is going off. Yes, I want it switched off too, but, no, I don't have the power to do it.

If I ask for a "code 10" or a "code e" or something, please do not ask me what it is. We clearly use codes for a reason.

No, Connor and I do not have sex. However, even if we were, what business is it of yours as to my relationship with fellow employees?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You have out of uniform days....how does that work?!

And why don't you know the alarm code....all of our front ends and team leaders have alarm codes!

And Im going to take an educated guess that a code 10 is a clearance....

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It was raising money for the childrens hospital.

I don't know of any front end staff that know the alarm code for back dock. And even if I did, sif I'm going to abandon my register and trek all the way out there, when theres plenty of grocery staff wandering around.

And, a code 10 is to get change.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ahh, see the only alarms we have control over are the electronic sensor gate things, and even they require a key to get into, and only the frontend supervisor of the time has the key.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Fair enough then. I think the only thing key operated are the actual shutters at the front (which we regularly break because we forget to move the little gumball machines and signs and try and close the door on top of them). The rest is done by code.

bugs

(this may have been done before, but ohwell)

Dearest Coles Deli Customers,
A few guidelines you may wish to follow ;

1. If you would like to be served please congregate around the area with which we can be found - Do not stand idle by the chickens for 10 minutes and then bitch about it when we can easily be found AROUND THE CORNER! - (it's a large Deli! well, the one i work in)

2. If there is a mammoth herd of customers, including YOU ( 10 odd ) and only 2 of us please don't complain when you are not served promptly enough! - we say "who's next?" for a reason, if you do not reply it is NOT our fault.

3. If for some apparent reason the price as indicated on the label does not correspond with the package i have just given you, please POLITELY tell me and i will be glad to change it for you - I will then explain the bloody management havent bothered to change the prices on the computer hence resulting in an inconsistency in prices.

4. Don't give me dirties, i really hate that.

5. If you would prefer to take your service elsewhere - please do! I honestly don't care.

6. We're not Magicians . If something is not in stock don't expect me to flick my wand have it sliced, wrapped and in your hand within the second.

7. If you have any problems with the lack of assistants or the fact there is no numbering system as there once was , DO NOT yell at me about it - I have nothing to do with management - I am just as pissed as you are about it.

8. If you have an accent/speak in a hushed voice/on the phone/pashing ur partner please DO NOT get aggravated with me, when i have misinterpreted your request.

9. If for some odd reason your presence has been unacknowledged, i persistently apologise YOUR GRACE . It just appears that our hands are full and you have also failed to inform us that you are standing idly by the corner - we do not have eyes on the back of our head!

That's all i've got for now. I sure hope one the customers reads it .

CieL

HSC
1. Don't sigh if you ordered something that needs to be cooked on the spot

2. Don't give me $6.80 in all 10c coins

3. Learn to speak English, I don't understand what "EEEehh" *prods glass* means when we have multiple items on the other side

4. Get used to saying "please" or "thankyou"

5. Don't compare us to other similar fast food chains

6. If you're coming to the same place again and again, don't start complaining to your partner how small the servings are "compared to the place downstairs".. if you don't like it, go downstairs.

7. If you've ordered alot of food, don't gawk at the price

8. You don't need your whole grade to support you whilst you order your food. Not only is it very annoying to other customers, you're in the way, you're loud and rude, and you're a big boy now.

9. Don't be cheap. We have a combo meal for a reason. Don't ask me the individual prices of each item and take your time to add it up and compare the price difference.

10. Don't be cheap. Although our sauce and cheese is free, you really don't need a whole litre of it on your meal.

11. If you can't make up your mind, don't waste my time when I could be serving other customers.

12. Please don't change your mind when I've scooped up half your meal

13. Don't expect me to know you a vegetarian

14. Don't ask me if the supreme pizza is vegetarian or not

15. If you are vegetarian, our signs have a list of ingredients.

16. Learn to read

17. Don't scream across the counter, I can hear you

18. Make sure you know the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan

19. I know my sauces. If you made up your mind based on a vegetarian diet, don't think I'm being stingey on not giving you sauce, but because the sauce has meat in it.

20. Strap your runaway children to a stone column. Do not run after them without any warning whilst we are serving you food.

21. Do not attempt to put your baby on top of the glass. Not only is it unhygenic, it's hot, and you're stupid.

22. Don't make silly noises in front of me whilst holding your baby like a puppet

23. If you can't see a certain drink, we don't have it.. Don't expect me to give you a vanilla coke in a can when they don't exist

24. We have two types of flavoured spring water.. orange mango, and orange passionfruit.. please don't just keep repeating orange.. either let me tell you or make up your mind

25. Please don't take more than 30secs to decide whether you like the size of the regular or large plate

OMG I should stop complaining now..

The End.

Skeeta

HSC
if i'm at one end of the store doing milk, and ur standing there staring at me, i'm going to assume that you are waiting for a drink... dont get shitty, because you didnt see the line-up of people, having their orders taken at the register.. :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Code E is if we do a cash out on eftpos and there isn't enough in our till to cover it.

I'm sure there are other codes, but I've never had to use them...Code 10 gets used all the time, E is less common.

Another rule...please do not come to the kiosk and ask for "Holiday 50's". Yes, we have them...but 6 different varieties of them...tell me milligrams, or at least a packet colour.
On smokes, don't stand there for 5 minutes comparing prices between Peter Jackson 30's, Longbeach 30's, Winfield 25's, etc...if you're so poor that you need to do that...you could always give up smoking all together.
Ohh, and just because I know the price of cigarettes off the top of my head does not mean that I know the price of every product in the store. In fact, cigarettes are the only product I know the price of. Please do not ask me how much a can of deoderant is. I will either a) tell you that they're in aisle 4 (i.e., go look for yourself), or if I am feeling particularly good/you were nice to me, I may b) Call a member of grocery for customer assistance. This will take time, they cannot drop everything and miraculously get from back dock to front end in 0.05milliseconds. Sorry.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
halio said:
(this may have been done before, but ohwell)

Dearest Coles Deli Customers,
A few guidelines you may wish to follow ;

1. If you would like to be served please congregate around the area with which we can be found - Do not stand idle by the chickens for 10 minutes and then bitch about it when we can easily be found AROUND THE CORNER! - (it's a large Deli! well, the one i work in)

2. If there is a mammoth herd of customers, including YOU ( 10 odd ) and only 2 of us please don't complain when you are not served promptly enough! - we say "who's next?" for a reason, if you do not reply it is NOT our fault.

3. If for some apparent reason the price as indicated on the label does not correspond with the package i have just given you, please POLITELY tell me and i will be glad to change it for you - I will then explain the bloody management havent bothered to change the prices on the computer hence resulting in an inconsistency in prices.

4. Don't give me dirties, i really hate that.

5. If you would prefer to take your service elsewhere - please do! I honestly don't care.

6. We're not Magicians . If something is not in stock don't expect me to flick my wand have it sliced, wrapped and in your hand within the second.

7. If you have any problems with the lack of assistants or the fact there is no numbering system as there once was , DO NOT yell at me about it - I have nothing to do with management - I am just as pissed as you are about it.

8. If you have an accent/speak in a hushed voice/on the phone/pashing ur partner please DO NOT get aggravated with me, when i have misinterpreted your request.

9. If for some odd reason your presence has been unacknowledged, i persistently apologise YOUR GRACE . It just appears that our hands are full and you have also failed to inform us that you are standing idly by the corner - we do not have eyes on the back of our head!

That's all i've got for now. I sure hope one the customers reads it .

amen brotha :)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Don''t stand in line, pay for 2 decaf coffees, accept your change, sit down, accept your coffee when its bought out to you and drink half of it, then approach me and ask why you were charged $1 extra. We charge 50 cents extra for decaf and it says this clearly on the menu board. I don't own the coffee shop and I didnt make this rule. Its just the way it is. When I politely explain to you where that dollar went, don't become agitated and abuse me, then ask to exchange your coffee for a non-decaf one. Don't say in an appalled voice "So it cost a whole extra dollar for that". Yes, you bought 2 decaf coffees and 2 lots of 50 cents is...wait for it....a dollar!
dumbarse stingy arsed wench

Skeeta

HSC
i'm so glad we dont charge extra for soy or decaf or anything like that

people wince when they pay 55c to put a shot of syrup or an extra expresso shot in their coffee

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Skeeta said:
i'm so glad we dont charge extra for soy or decaf or anything like that

people wince when they pay 55c to put a shot of syrup or an extra expresso shot in their coffee

but its not my fault! Im just the little person running around doing what I have to do, I really don't care how much things cost

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
"Hi my names Nashie, I work specifically in customer service, yet if i feel like it, i can refuse service to you."

:bomb:

It may seem starnge but we can refuse service and there are a few customers that we are not allowed to serve because of the problems they have caused (like one who bought a bed and then a week later complained and demanded we take it back and give her the one she looked at and couldn't afford, thus reverting to the cheaper model... that was fun!) they actually come up in the system as do not serve! Also, I may serve you, but it you order something in, your order may be, lets me put this delicately "lost in translation?" (I could be so mean if I wanted to, lucky i'm a nice person)

By the by, I do NOT specifically work in customer service, I specifically work in RETAIL and customer service is a part of my job that I can enjoy and dread

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ranger stacie: i totally agree with you there. it's not our fault that things cost what they do!!! get over it or go somewhere else. people can be so pathetic like that. i once had a woman demand a discount on a 50 CENT roll of wrapping paper because there was a tear in the plastic stuff. i was astonished she would even ask. and then when i said 'no, sorry' she went ballistic and said she was 'ringing up head office, i'm going to have you fired, ra ra ra ra ra ra'...idiot.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Haha I love it when people are going to 'ring head office and get you fired'......you're just like, yeah go ahead, please do haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)