Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I work at refunds, and customers shouldn't be allowed to buy something when it's not on sale and come back a few weeks (or in some cases, more than a year later) and return it and then buy it back and taking the difference.

chrissie_t

HSC
Half of these have probably been already posted, but i'm only up to page 4 and my head hurts... :(

Don’t let your child climb all over my register.

If your child is climbing all over my register and I ask them to get down, do not just smile and go back to putting items on the conveyer belt when they ignore me. I cannot continue packing until your brat has finished almost stamping on your items.

If you or your child break an item, don’t act like it’s a huge goddamned hassle to go get another item off the shelf. It’s your fault in the first place. If it was my fault the item was broken I am happy to get the item replaced for you.

If you or your child breaks an item which causes a mess do not smile at me and walk away. At least offer to help. I have a lineup of 3 other people who do not feel like walking through your child’s trail of yogurt drink just because she was stupid enough to open the bottle and spin in a circle.

If you see me standing stretching or cleaning quickly, chances are I haven’t had a chance to do either in the last hour or so. So don’t come up to me and say “you looked bored so I figured I’d give you something to do.” Do you guys have a meeting at the back of the store to practice ‘witty’ lines to say? Because it wasn’t funny the first 25 times either.

Don’t get angry at me when I tell you I am unable to sell cigarettes. The sign on my register clearly says it. Swearing at me or stomping off to another register is not going to magically make me allowed to sell the cancer sticks.

Don’t walk up to my register when I’m counting on/off and put your items on the belt. I’m obviously not ready to serve anyone and I’m not going to go faster because you are there. If I’m going home I’m not going to give you special attention. I’ve been working for hours. Piss off.

If the closed sign is up, it’s not something I use to trick customers. It means I’m closed and no matter how long you stand there I’m not going to let you through cause you saw past my ‘trick’…

If your child has drooled/vomited on an item, don’t expect me to smile at you if I must touch it. Baby vomit with a hangover is not my idea of a happy moment.

Sure. You can call me my name if you wish…but constantly…with every sentence and accompanied by pet names and thinks like “sweetie” and “darling”…it just gets creepy. Especially if you’re a 50 year old male.

If I have walked away from my register with a pile of baskets, don’t glare at me when I get back. You weren’t there when I left, how was I to know you were going to line up there. The place was empty when I collected the baskets.

If the name tag is off, it means I’m not working. I’m probably sore, cranky and in need of food.

Try to keep your green bags at the top, or in the kids seat? I’m glad your helping the environment, but don’t expect me to be chirpy when I have to unpack 7 plastic bags to repack them in your bags you’d forgotten about.

Be nice to me. I know you can be a happy person, I just saw you happily chatting away to your friend in the line. So when it’s your turn to be served, don’t reply to my “Hi, how’re you going?” With a grunt.

If an employee is obviously new or upset don't stand there and glare at them. They're just going to get more flustered and more things will go wrong. We're people too.

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
Myer ->>

If you have children, don't let them go wondering off into other departments, especially when you are not even on the same level as them, and especially when your child is a SELFISH, SMART ARSED LITTLE BRAT WHO DEFACES A YODA TALKING FIGURINE WORTH $119 THAT WE CAN NO LONGER SELL BECAUSE OR YOUR LITTLE SHIT OF A SON!!!
If you ever come back you little bastard I am going to watch you like a hawk, and if your parents complain (if they even show themselves) I am going to tell them what a wanker you are!

chepas

HSC
sipsip said:
Apparently...one good way to make mangled credit cards work is to put sticky tape over the scanning area...works like wonders
modelzsuck said:
Yeah you can also rub it on plastic bags or in hair spray.
Something I've picked up is actually wrapping the card in the plastic bag. Not so thick that it's the size of 2 matchbox cars, but like, so that you just have one layer of the plastic between the magnetic strip and the scanny bit of the EFTPOS machine. This also works for those really anorexically thin HSBC and NAB cards, that NEVER scan up for some reason. This technique is probably mroe for the slide-the-card-along machines, not the dunk ones, but that could work too.....

steph@nie said:
I work at refunds, and customers shouldn't be allowed to buy something when it's not on sale and come back a few weeks (or in some cases, more than a year later) and return it and then buy it back and taking the difference.
Oh the joy of refunds. That is endemic at our Target store. It's even better when they have the receipt but it's so old and faded you can't even see the stuff you need to take a record for.

Perhaps some rules for Refunds. Already said or not, I don't know:

- If you bring in 14 bags of crap to return, all on 27 different dockets, don't be surprised when I have to do every 27 different transaction differently, and can't necessarily give you a lump sum of cash/refund voucher/etc. Also please don't get schmitty when it takes me forever to match up the codes of the stuff to the 27 different dockets. Yes, it would have been easier had you sorted it all out before came, and not given me two big bin liners through which to sift. If you're organised berfore hand, then little Junior isn't crying of painful boredom in his pram when we joyfully stand there for 10 minutes sorting it out.

- Telling us that Larissa/Jane/Katie has to be at netball/basketball/lacrosse in 10 minutes will not help speed the process of the refund up, nor will a request like 'can you be a bit quick?'. In fact that is more likely to make us go slower. Especially if you are likely to bring lots of crap on 27 different dockets.

- Please do not whinge about our refunds procedure and roll your eyes like a child at how 'long it takes'. If you have one lousy thing and have presented all the right receipts, yes, it will take up to and including 1.5 minutes of your important and busy schedule (see Larissa et al above), and the fact that you yell constantly to Junior "be patient, please!" makes us think that you should listen to yourself.

- When you don't have your docket, and we say that all we can offer is an Exchange Only Coupon/Store Credit Voucher for the item at its CURRENT SCAN PRICE, do not complain that the $54.99 you paid for your dinnerset will only be returned for $12.86, because CURRENTly it is on special for $12.86. You had to lose your docket, didn't you. We don't care if you come here all the time to buy stuff, either. We don't care also if you paid $1,000,000 for it originally. You will get an Exchange Only coupon for $12.86, valid at any Target store. Good day.

- I don't care WHY you're returning it, just give me the damn thing to start processing the refund, ie, don't hold it until the story is over. Don't give me the retelling of the Gettysburg Address. Don't give me "it was unsuitable for purpose", for that is just the meaningless, all-purpose face-saving excuse. You don't NEED to save face, for we don't care. We only ask questions when the toy is irretrievably bashed in or the towel has obviously been torn to shreds by Fluffy. ONLY THEN will we need something stronger than 'unsuitable for purpose'.

- If you want to be served, can you at least approach the counter and not hover three metres away, where there is a stand of stuff at which you could be looking? If we're busy on soemthing else 'Excuse me' is still valid as a means to get our attention, but grunts, groans, mmphs, Jesus Christs, puffs of air and other subtleties are sort of rude and don't really guage on the radar. Please do not get moody when it has been 5 minutes and you still have your odd 3 metre comfort zone as well.

That is all.

Also, I can't understand this. Customer comes in with a few of those Woolies/Coles bags, yet when asked "Would you like a plastic bag for this or I'll just put it in the WOolies bag?", but STILL WANTS the plastic bag... Are we missing the point of these bags? Also the "Oh yes I better take one. I have the meat in this bag.". Yes, because your slippers will be contaminated by the meat that is down the BOTTOM of the bag, itself wrapped in its share of plastic bags.

[/rant]

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Plastic Bag Hogs shit me to tears..... I hate it!! The environment people, think of the environment!

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Plastic Bag Hogs shit me to tears..... I hate it!! The environment people, think of the environment!
i agree. i hate when ppl buy something in a box, a bag or something already wrapped in plastic (like a pillow) and still ask for a plastic bag to carry it in. or if they buy one small item and ask for a bag because they're going into coles next door...if u have ur receipt they don't care if its not in a bag...and they don't sell what u've just bought anyway

HSC
steph@nie said:
Haha...
My stepmum does something like that.

She'll buy something, and then when she sees the exact same thing on sale, she'll buy it again, and return the one bought on sale with the original receipt.

HSC
Yes my dahhhhhling, hhhwhy do you enkwwhhhire?

I live in Gordon. It's not so much the physical suburb itself. It's Brendan Nelson and his minions.

shortie_689

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Yes my dahhhhhling, hhhwhy do you enkwwhhhire?

I live in Gordon. It's not so much the physical suburb itself. It's Brendan Nelson and his minions.
yeah i do too... I live in Lindfield wanna know who my best friend is

hahaha

Brendan Nelsons daughter hahahahahahahaha

HSC
Hahaha. Hohoho. Hilarious.

That's so funny I'm going to slap my knee.

It only hurts.

Anyway, lets stop destroying this thread with our non-funny comments.

shortie_689

HSC
whiterabbit said:
Hahaha. Hohoho. Hilarious.

That's so funny I'm going to slap my knee.

It only hurts.

Anyway, lets stop destroying this thread with our non-funny comments.
yeah but im serious though...
she really is one of my bestfriends

elisabeth

HSC
Bloody customers taking the wrong order...

I work at Oporto, yes, I know it's a pain to wait five minutes for freshly cooked food and truth be told, I'd rather serve crap that's been sitting there for hours if it means getting rid of annoying customers faster - but here's the deal, I'm not the manager, I don't make the burgers and I can't control your wait. This unfortunately results in many customers crowding round and waiting for their food.

Now 99% of people are capable of listening for their order and getting it - thanks, it's appreciated. It's the 1% of stupid fucks who don't remember/know what they ordered and take someone else's food - which took 6 minutes to cook, thanks - who muck up the whole fucking system. And you have the nerve to come back and say "hey, I ordered a bondi burger without chilli and you gave me two otropo meals"...

I had one really nice customer today. She was polite, smiled and actually replied to the "hi, how are you" and retaliated... I was so shocked at serving a customer who didn't launch straight into their order and slammed their money down that I had to say "sorry, what was that?". She smiled, we talked about stupid customers as only two people who have had it up to here with customer service can.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
chepas said:
- If you bring in 14 bags of crap to return, all on 27 different dockets, don't be surprised when I have to do every 27 different transaction differently, and can't necessarily give you a lump sum of cash/refund voucher/etc. Also please don't get schmitty when it takes me forever to match up the codes of the stuff to the 27 different dockets. Yes, it would have been easier had you sorted it all out before came, and not given me two big bin liners through which to sift. If you're organised berfore hand, then little Junior isn't crying of painful boredom in his pram when we joyfully stand there for 10 minutes sorting it out.
Okay I also work at target, and I have one or two customers who always bring shitloads back to refund. Sometimes I just think that they purposely save all of their refunds up for months and months so that I can be the one who has to suffer with their stupid trolley load of clearance shit that they bought for $4.86 without thinking that maybe the size 14 shorts are a bit too big for their 6 yr old kid.

- Please do not whinge about our refunds procedure and roll your eyes like a child at how 'long it takes'. If you have one lousy thing and have presented all the right receipts, yes, it will take up to and including 1.5 minutes of your important and busy schedule (see Larissa et al above), and the fact that you yell constantly to Junior "be patient, please!" makes us think that you should listen to yourself.
You must be a slow refunder, cause people always say how fast I am. I should get a career at target i'm that good.

- When you don't have your docket, and we say that all we can offer is an Exchange Only Coupon/Store Credit Voucher for the item at its CURRENT SCAN PRICE, do not complain that the $54.99 you paid for your dinnerset will only be returned for $12.86, because CURRENTly it is on special for $12.86. You had to lose your docket, didn't you. We don't care if you come here all the time to buy stuff, either. We don't care also if you paid $1,000,000 for it originally. You will get an Exchange Only coupon for $12.86, valid at any Target store. Good day.
The worst is when you tell them, and then you make them the coupon and they're like "nah I don't want it" and walk off but you've already made the coupon so you have to get a void previous because they don't want to sign the docket so that you can use the coupon to sell it back to them.

- I don't care WHY you're returning it, just give me the damn thing to start processing the refund, ie, don't hold it until the story is over. Don't give me the retelling of the Gettysburg Address. Don't give me "it was unsuitable for purpose", for that is just the meaningless, all-purpose face-saving excuse. You don't NEED to save face, for we don't care. We only ask questions when the toy is irretrievably bashed in or the towel has obviously been torn to shreds by Fluffy. ONLY THEN will we need something stronger than 'unsuitable for purpose'.
It was my daughter's birthday, and she got all of this stuff...

The other thing i hate is when you have to give them back an exchange only coupon because it says that they paid part of their purchase with one before. "But why is that, I paid $40 in cash and only used $20 in coupon so why can't I have cash back? That's so stupid"
GET FUCKED LADY. Oh and its even worse when they go above me and ask to speak to the supervisor because they don't believe me or something.

Last edited:

waterfowl

HSC
Customers, why do you always have to come in droves when my friend has dropped in to say hi and I want to talk to them?
I swear it's like they have some sort of radar that detects that you want to have a conversation, and decide then to ask for service - this also happens when you are having a good conversation with a co-worker.

Oh and thank you to all the customers lately who have been so friendly and patient with me when I've been busy! You're the best! :p
And to the bitches who have been so rude - screw you.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
chepas said:
we have this one lady who spends $400-500 every week on clothes/books/cds/dvds u name it, she buys it... and every week she comes back with $400-500 worth of stuff to be returned... we call her our "favourite refunder" fuck where does she get all her money from

HSC
Me too. This isn't my favourite sub-forum, but it's my favourite thread!
It's so fun!!!

Oh, and when i do desserts, i hate it how people can't just order a regular cappuccino.
A woman actually asked for a decaf skim milk cappucinno with artificial sweetener and "regular milk froth"...
WTF? Deal with regular milk, milk is good for you.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Me too. This isn't my favourite sub-forum, but it's my favourite thread!
It's so fun!!!

Oh, and when i do desserts, i hate it how people can't just order a regular cappuccino.
A woman actually asked for a decaf skim milk cappucinno with artificial sweetener and "regular milk froth"...
WTF? Deal with regular milk, milk is good for you.
Decaf soy is worse. Soy is the devil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)