• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rudd's $10.4bn cash giveaway (1 Viewer)

HSC
sam04u said:
What kind of shit have you been dealing with? I'm pretty sure all of my shit sinks to the bottom of the bowl.
It depends on the amount of a certain substance that's in it (Biologists should know it).

chicky_pie said:
and euthanasia
Not funny.

Last edited:

Garygaz

HSC
Cash handouts are bad -

but spending $121 million on Workchoices advertising, on the other hand....

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
HisNameIsChris said:
It depends on the amount of a certain substance that's in it (Biologists should know it)
Whatever the case. The point is "all shit" does not float to the top. Infact in most cases it sinks to the bottom.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Garygaz said:
Cash handouts are bad -

$121 million is a mere fraction of the amount of this "hand out", advertisements are quite important. Especially with a population too retarded to be more involved in politics.

The point is this is not money being spent irresponsibly. Either way you look at it it's for the best. If the government is going to use money to stimulate the economy, best use it in a way that is the most socially responsible. Like the other poster commented, what's a better alternative? Building an <obscure piece of infrastructure> in an <obscure location>?
Ofcourse not.

Garygaz

HSC
sam04u said:
$121 million is a mere fraction of the amount of this "hand out", advertisements are quite important. Especially with a population too retarded to be more involved in politics.

The point is this is not money being spent irresponsibly. Either way you look at it it's for the best. If the government is going to use money to stimulate the economy, best use it in a way that is the most socially responsible. Like the other poster commented, what's a better alternative? Building an <obscure piece of infrastructure> in an <obscure location>?
Ofcourse not.
No I agree with you, I'm just dumbstruck at people who are calling this a bad idea. Except for the point that the advertisements weren't advertisements, more of a biased 'hey workchoices are the best' campaign.

Some people think it's so selfish to give pensioners a grand each, jeez.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Garygaz said:
Cash handouts are bad -

How is that even close to relevant?

EDIT: Further I'm more against the First Home Buyers' Grant than anything else, for reasons I outlined six months ago.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Garygaz said:
Rightly so. This is practically kicking dirt into the face of their ideology.

This is redistribution of wealth for the sake of stimulating our economy. The fact is that this money would probably be sitting in savings account, or some other obscure method of collecting interest (dust collection) method rather than stimulating the economy.

HSC
sam04u said:
Whatever the case. The point is "all shit" does not float to the top. In fact in most cases it sinks to the bottom.
Agreed.

Garygaz said:
No I agree with you, I'm just dumbstruck at people who are calling this a bad idea. Except for the point that the advertisements weren't advertisements, more of a biased 'hey workchoices are the best' campaign.

Didn't you know? Its considered cool on this forum to support everything the Liberal Party does and to complain about anything any Labor Government does.

On a more serious note I think the well off people are just (rightly) jealous that their (usually) hard earned money is getting handed to those who (sometimes) don't work as hard as them. They just have to see that in the end it WILL benefit them through the operation of the economy.

sam04u said:
This is redistribution of wealth for the sake of stimulating our economy. The fact is that this money would probably be sitting in savings account, or some other obscure method of collecting interest (dust collection) method rather than stimulating the economy.
I don't want to continue sounding like a "Year 12 economics student" but its basic economics that those with the lowest incomes are most likely to spend each extra dollar they receive. This is the fastest and most effective way to inject money into the economy (whether through the pokies or otherwise)

Last edited:

aussie-boy

HSC
HisNameIsChris said:
This is the fastest and most effective way to inject money into the economy (whether through the pokies or otherwise)
you could give that money to any number of organisations that would have no trouble spending it within 1 week...

there are hundreds of small charities working within australia in dire need of basic things; countless RTA road projects awaiting completion because of a lack of funds, and many hospitals that cant afford to buy the equipment they need...

surely these represent a better use of money because not only is money injected, but the things it buys are put to good use

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
aussie-boy said:
you could give that money to any number of organisations that would have no trouble spending it within 1 week...

there are hundreds of small charities working within australia in dire need of basic things; countless RTA road projects awaiting completion because of a lack of funds, and many hospitals that cant afford to buy the equipment they need...

surely these represent a better use of money because not only is money injected, but the things it buys are put to good use
Just no.
It needs to be widespread, and reinvigorate various sectors of the economy. Not select projects, which merely spend the surplus in an unproductive way and do not help the economy.

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
actually i agree with aussie boy. this isnt the best time to hand out cash to the mass public. best way to spend that 10bn would've been on hospitals , roads, trains....fucking anything infrastructure related.

aussie-boy

HSC
sam04u said:
Just no.
It needs to be widespread, and reinvigorate various sectors of the economy. Not select projects, which merely spend the surplus in an unproductive way and do not help the economy.
this money is coming on december 8 - it will be treated as a 'gift' and will mostly end up in retail and hospitality

if you gave it to bill crews or the salvation army it would mean that instead of average kids getting a ps3 under their christmas tree, severely disadvantaged kids could have a proper christmas dinner, get new clothes and perhaps go on an outing that they couldnt afford before... the money still goes into retail and hospitality

i can definitely see the justification for a quick injection (as opposed to the long term $20bn infrastructure fund) - however im just saying this can be achieved in a much more community minded way

Last edited:

hansenfan

HSC
Oh, isn't funny that Rudd is referred to as the hero for giving away these funds! Yet, the only reason that he has that money to give away is because of... THE LIBERAL government! The ignorant criticize the liberal governments taxes. Yet the only reason they're soo harsh when liberal come back into power is because of the Labour's ever growing debt, due to them, uh, I don't know, not knowing how to run a country! So don't thank Rudd for the handout, thank "evil" Howard for it!

zstar

HSC
N/A
There's an old saying.

"You spend more with other peoples money than your own"

jezzah101

HSC
hansenfan said:
Oh, isn't funny that Rudd is referred to as the hero for giving away these funds! Yet, the only reason that he has that money to give away is because of... THE LIBERAL government! The ignorant criticize the liberal governments taxes. Yet the only reason they're soo harsh when liberal come back into power is because of the Labour's ever growing debt, due to them, uh, I don't know, not knowing how to run a country! So don't thank Rudd for the handout, thank "evil" Howard for it!
+1, thank you. someone had to say it

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
aussie-boy said:
this money is coming on december 8 - it will be treated as a 'gift' and will mostly end up in retail and hospitality
Exactly! That's the whole point. :shy:

Yet, the only reason that he has that money to give away is because of... THE LIBERAL government!
No... It's because we have these things called resources which we're selling to countries overseas.

I'm pretty sure that even though the Liberal party is usually packed with very old conservatives, they weren't around when the dinosaurs were. They played no part in the labour involved in harvesting the coal, ores and minerals and shipping them off to China. Neither were they responsible for the economic reforms made by Keating.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
hahaha katie gets nothing. parents will get a bit though? pay off my gambling debts. also fuck the rta in their fucking arse those cunts have so much money they dont know what to do with it nor do they care. and i'll gladly stab and rta cunt who tells me otherwise. local gov needs to money for the infrastuctures of the local roads and water and shit. that would more evenly distribute the moneys. bring back r2r fags.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)