RS Conclusion (1 Viewer)

jimmayyy

HSC
starrysky said:
Gotta love the feel-good endings, Jim. <3
haha yeah, my whole reflection statement was written in that casual sort of tone. sophisticated, but not real "analytical" style writing, the personal ending suited it.

bloke from my school made it into showcase last year, he wrote the frog hunter. awesome stream of consciousness stuff in the vien of james joyce if anyone has a copy.

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
is it just me or r u three the only ones who ever ever post anything in the E2 threads and who carry out entire conversations between you....
but then again, this might all be a strange hallucination as im still brain fried from 'reflecting' all. night. long. as my teacher, who i adore, sent me my marked and revised RS at.. 12 03 AM this morning.......
good night children

starrysky

HSC
Mine was just like ... all over the place. Hooray. :)

I unfortunately haveth verily no control over my copy, as it has been lended to a friend. Four months ago.

*readies pitchfork*

EDIT: Indeed. We're cool that way.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
shut up said:
is it just me or r u three the only ones who ever ever post anything in the E2 threads and who carry out entire conversations between you....
but then again, this might all be a strange hallucination as im still brain fried from 'reflecting' all. night. long. as my teacher, who i adore, sent me my marked and revised RS at.. 12 03 AM this morning.......
good night children
Yes, it is quite that way. Now get out of our forum. :)

Dragonfyre

HSC
By reflecting on my Major Work, I can deduce that it was not an isolated piece of writing, but one heavily influenced not only by my reactions, but also my investigation. My own opinions have been changed by my investigative process, resulting in my imaginative text, which shows how I have developed over the year. My text expresses myself, which I hoped to do and I am pleased with my Major Work.

That was my conclusion. Can a last sentence be worse?

We have 6 in Extension 1, and 3 in in EE2. Only we go to a boy's school, so there are no overwhealming amout of girls. But one of our EE2 students still is a girl, from a different school. Bizzare. Thanks for all the responses!

starrysky

HSC
What I wouldn't give to go to an all-boys school ... *daydreams* Whoops. Heh ...

I hate reflection conclusions that make no reference to the writer, whatsoever. It's so annoying. "This happened and over the past year, the Major Work has evolved blah blah blah" ... It's actually good to be a little self-indulgent in this.

RiCkiE

HSC
Through the course of the year, my work in Advanced English has been instrumental in developing my major work’s plot, characters and structure. In writing He’s Coming Home, I have gained a greater understanding of the values and concepts which shape our lives and personalities.

That was my horrendously bad and generalized conclusion. I basically spat it all out because i was rushing to get it finished and handed in before 3:20. Then I found out that you could hand stuff in today; but i'd already bound everything. :bomb:

blackall46

HSC
kewlu said:
My conclusion:

As a whole, I feel that my response has shown a light on the sinister and inexplicable genre that is Black Metal and through the duration of the English Extension 2 course, I have drawn conclusions challenging my previously held (mis)conceptions about the genre, forcing a revision of the perspectives I once held. However, I have only managed to ‘scratch the surface’ of the monster that is Black Metal; I have only reached the ‘tip of the iceberg’. To effectively form a comprehensive view of the genre, encompassing all main perspectives and ideologies, I would require a more generous word count than the maximum of 4500. That said, by discriminating in my choice of lyrics I was able to effectively form an opinion on the genre of Black Metal as a whole and was able to present a credible, effective analysis. The opportunity to research and critique the works of Black Metal’s composers was an excellent exercise in the implementation of and expansion upon textual analysis techniques gained in both Advanced and Extension 1 English and consequently, I am extremely delighted with the realisation of my initial hypothesis in my final product.

Lolfail.
Not bad dude but you could have probably made it much shorter than it is. Alot of words that don't really need to be there and are just showing off.

But, then again, showing off gets you marks.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
blackall46 said:
Not bad dude but you could have probably made it much shorter than it is. Alot of words that don't really need to be there and are just showing off.

But, then again, showing off gets you marks.
Welcome to the overwhelming verbosity known as my writing style.

Dragonfyre

HSC
kewlu said:
Welcome to the overwhelming verbosity known as my writing style.
Hahaha. I get that. It was also kinda to get it to look like my RS was longer than about 1200 words.

Thanks for the comment!

Rowman

CCCP
HSC
"From my writing of the story, I have achieved considerable growth and understanding, not only in the area of Utopias/Dystopias, but in politics and life in general. Throughout the course of my writing, I have uncovered research which has definitely influenced and impacted my opinions of the Government and the society we live in. In addition, I was able to achieve greater understanding of many timeless works and a greater respect for the authors of these works. I was very glad to express my view on present day society and write it in the style that has been employed by some of my favourite authors. It is a great experience to be able to organise your own ideas, reinforce and give credibility to them through allusions and references to other texts and finally write them all on paper and I am thankful for the experience. "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)