RS Conclusion (1 Viewer)

Dragonfyre

HSC
How do you properly conclude a RS? I think my ending sucks, to say it nicely.

starrysky

HSC
In hindsight, my conclusion was horrible. Utterly, utterly horrible. It was easier for me because I did a personal reflection as a Major Work, so I just ended the RS with stuff about exploring the short story medium and the autobiographical genre, and how it formed an enriching and satisfying experience and some crap.

Ehh. Over it. Don't care anymore. *bats hand at RS dismissively*

kewlu

Banned
HSC
My conclusion:

As a whole, I feel that my response has shown a light on the sinister and inexplicable genre that is Black Metal and through the duration of the English Extension 2 course, I have drawn conclusions challenging my previously held (mis)conceptions about the genre, forcing a revision of the perspectives I once held. However, I have only managed to ‘scratch the surface’ of the monster that is Black Metal; I have only reached the ‘tip of the iceberg’. To effectively form a comprehensive view of the genre, encompassing all main perspectives and ideologies, I would require a more generous word count than the maximum of 4500. That said, by discriminating in my choice of lyrics I was able to effectively form an opinion on the genre of Black Metal as a whole and was able to present a credible, effective analysis. The opportunity to research and critique the works of Black Metal’s composers was an excellent exercise in the implementation of and expansion upon textual analysis techniques gained in both Advanced and Extension 1 English and consequently, I am extremely delighted with the realisation of my initial hypothesis in my final product.

Lolfail.

starrysky

HSC
Cheesy alert.

"Over the past twelve months, as I have grown in awareness and perspective both as an English student and a writer, the process of undertaking English Extension 2 has indeed been an enriching and satisfying experience. Through the process of reflection and composition, I have been able to not only investigate and explore the depths of both the short story medium and autobiographical genre, but to also grow in my awareness of the significance of personal relationships within family, as well as the impact of death and grief on surrounding lives. In so doing, I have realised the importance of hardships and empathy in life, and how they influence and shape the characters of not only the people surrounding me, but most vitally myself."

LolfailMORE.

jimmayyy

HSC
Overall, the Extension Two course has been an immensely satisfying and vastly enjoyable experience in my studies. Due to the open-ended nature of the course, invaluable contributions of teachers, mentors and peers and my own ambitions and efforts, I have been able to produce a finished product of which I can be extremely proud. The course has allowed me to couple my efforts in research and love for writing, while simultaneously indulging my passion for literature and challenging my understanding of it. I hope City of Dreams can affect a responder reading it as profoundly as it affected me while writing it.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
jimmayyy said:
I hope City of Dreams can affect a responder reading it as profoundly as it affected me while writing it.
All together now,

Awwwwwwwwwww.

starrysky

HSC
Has anyone read the recent issue of mETAphor? Some of the conclusions in there make Sam's aww seem insignificant.

starrysky

HSC
Oh, might just be my school then, that brandishes English-teacher magazines in our faces and yells "EMULATE THIS!".

kewlu

Banned
HSC
We get the ETA magazines, just not the "EMULATE THIS!" request. mETAphor is not too bad actually. I'd read it.

starrysky

HSC
My teachers are scarily competent for their jobs, and we had a 49/50 and a 43/50 last year for EE2, hence the "EMULATE THIS!" and the "FUCK YOU I CAN'T BE BOTHERED".

It had Tobey Maguire on the front of it this time, unless I am very much mistaken. Drool.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
My teachers are scarily competent for their jobs, and we had a 49/50 and a 43/50 last year for EE2, hence the "EMULATE THIS!" and the "FUCK YOU I CAN'T BE BOTHERED".

It had Tobey Maguire on the front of it this time, unless I am very much mistaken. Drool.
Our highest was 43 or 42. There were 4 people, I think.

starrysky

HSC
Anywhere above 35 and the expectations just climb and climb and climb. *glares at previous candidates*

I stare with a twitchy eye at the schools that have 30+ people doing EE2.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
I know, it's insane. I like the individual attention of 3 people in my class.

starrysky

HSC
Ah, how fun. Five in EE1 for me, two in EE2. (Y), I suppose?

I like your avatar. It depicts vividly the extent to which the expression on my face represents my feelings towards my Major Work. You know that you're caving in when you watch The Simpsons and then start talking aloud about how the series constantly subverts authority and that particular sequence represents clearly these set of values.

Fuck.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
starrysky said:
Ah, how fun. Five in EE1 for me, two in EE2. (Y), I suppose?

I like your avatar. It depicts vividly the extent to which the expression on my face represents my feelings towards my Major Work. You know that you're caving in when you watch The Simpsons and then start talking aloud about how the series constantly subverts authority and that particular sequence represents clearly these set of values.

Fuck.
Hahaha, my avatar is synonymous with me. It's my MSN and Gmail display picture. I've been told I look that was all the time. (Y) indeed.

I like having the same people in EE2 and EE1 - it's gives a sense of bonding, as it were. Unfortunately I am the only male out of the 4 of us in our classes (teacher is female).

starrysky

HSC
Gotta love the undermining glare. (Y) It's interesting to come across other people who use (Y) and (N) ad nauseam.

Unfortunately? *raises eyebrow* But you have three girls at your disposal! (In some weird, implicit fashion, but still.) I am one of three manly (*gigglesnort*) people in my class. Two of us are male, one of us is a butch straight girl. The other two are feminininine.

And then there is my geeky male teacher twice as old as the rest of us who surprised us all with tastes in death metal and classical and a fetish for anime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)