Round The Twist (1 Viewer)

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
oh yea leckzie that doll ep scared me too hahaha and i didn't like the one where bronson had a fish for a willy that made him swim faster. just really weird. especially when you watch it again when you're older. AND that one with the skeleton who had to be reburied at the beach?

there were some scary ones or maybe i was just a pussy haha but what a good show. don't make em like that anymore

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Have you ever, ever felt like this
Have strange things happen
Are you going round the twist?
And have you heard the word about the bird and the spider?
Who wiggled and wiggled and jiggled inside her
And have you ever, ever felt like this
Rain, rain, go away, come again another day hey
HEY
Have you ever, ever felt like this
GOING ROUND THE TWIST!

Epically awesome show, who else loves it?
OMG you actually memorised the whole theme song!!!! thats dedication :)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Hated the show when I was younger. However, once I got a bit older I found it to be alright.
yeah, me too.
I think it was because i found it slightly strange and kinda creepy back in my younger days.

rozymisty

HSC
Um i think it was Paul Jennings who wrote the books...from which the series is based...funnily enough I dont reemmber seeing the books ever.

I got the fish willy and without my pants eps out on dvd the other month and even now those stories give me the creeps lol.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
I loved this show...but it was creepy in parts of course. There was a ep I saw on dvd recently where I just couldnt stand it...um i think Pete was like ..yeah the one where he's burping all the time. Now I am a nurse but there is a limit to the amount of bodily noises one can tolerate lol

I was thinking about this show when I went to Melbourne recently and ironically, on the Virgin Blue flight down they played an episode!! I was so stoked!!!

The lighthouse is on the Great Ocean Road, and if I had done a smaller tour, I could've gone to the actual lighthouse which wouldve been pretty cool. I DID however accidently find the school that they used, Williamstown Primary School, when i was looking for the school used in Blue Heelers. I was like OMG THATS WHERE THEY FILMED ROUND THE TWIST,...but didnt yell it out lol...just in my head.

It was interesting finding it at my local Video Ezy store a few weeks ago. Got the first ep, and it had Frankie J Holden and Judith McGrath in it as the gribbles....weird.

I still associate Mark Mitchell (who played gribble for the rest of the show) as a bad revolting guy lol.

Its interesting to note that the girl who played Linda in the first few eps, Tasman whatever, is the one who sings the theme song. And Fiona Harris (from Skithouse) played Linda for a bit.

Never liked Bronson...whoever played him didnt matter. Was good to see they kept the dad as the same person.

Ah! - this reminded me of this dvd episode of Round the Twist I got for my bday when younger and it's about one of the boys (older one) falling in love with this mythical tree girl. And they kiss and then the boy (Pete I think) gets pregnant and he gives birth to their baby in hospital and it's all green and slimy - half tree girl or something. I think spews up the green slimy afterbirth as well. God, I always liked this show but looking back it was completely wacko.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
there was one episode that had this evil woman lurking in the water everywhere the young ranga looked... and for some reason it creeped me out so much i had nightmares :(

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i remember there was an episode where they find a dragon in a cave.

whenever that episode came on i would run behind the couch.

i was hella brave

chamelia

HSC
Without my pants. Best episode ever! Never will I forget the laughs that generated in a lonely suburban video room of a shabby primary school. It was talked about for days...(which is unbelievable given the concentration of <12 year olds.)

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I used to watch this show all the time in primary school during wet weather, or whatever. It was either Round the Twist or Mr Bean, and the kids ALWAYS chose Round the Twist.

I wish it would come back on ABCkids in the afternoons. Bring some quality to an otherwise shit program. Has anyone SEEN some of the shows on ABCkids?? They're terrible.

Jaylee42003

HSC
Great show went downhill when they changed actors
I agree.

Ah! - this reminded me of this dvd episode of Round the Twist I got for my bday when younger and it's about one of the boys (older one) falling in love with this mythical tree girl. And they kiss and then the boy (Pete I think) gets pregnant and he gives birth to their baby in hospital and it's all green and slimy - half tree girl or something. I think spews up the green slimy afterbirth as well. God, I always liked this show but looking back it was completely wacko.
Hahaha didn't he pee on the tree or something?

The one that always used to give me nightmares was the one which the dolls came to life. Frick.

rozymisty

HSC
ew that ep made me feel rather quisy...and im a nurse who puts up with bad stuff....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)