RolePlay Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you read the complete story, but as a manga?

• yes

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • no

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • If I'm in it

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Depends on the art style

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • If you keep the story itself interesting

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
As everyone sits in a huddle against a wall, the young man and woman climb up a flight of stairs to be able to discuss.
"We should be safe for now."
"Thank you."
"Don't thank me yet, we aren't finished yet."
"How are they going to get to us?"
"They'll be close by, but we'll have to climb up these stairs ourselves, and any other distance that needs to be tracked up-top."
"Up-top..."
"Don't worry, you're top priority."
"But, what about the others? And, why me?"

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"I'll try my best to protect them, I promise you that much. As for why you specifically are needed, I'm sure you already know to some extent."
"..."
"About your school, we have a team on a mission trying to save as many students there, as well as your younger brother."
"JOSHUA! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO THE SCHOOL RIGHT NOW?!"
"We can't distract them, you'll have to try your best to bare with it and wait till the situation is clear for us AND them."
"I... understand... Damn it!"

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
After about an hour and a half, the woman's wristwatch rings again, "We have sight on a landing zone. All stealth modes are initiated. Sending over the 3D-map-route. Please be quick."
"Roger that Jim."

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"Attention everyone, we're all going to have to go up-top. There is an aircraft that is on our side that is ready to pick us up."
The young man who was sitting with the group of survivors and chatting, stands up immediately. The woman was also chatting with everyone, but decided to move to the staircase again while on the call.
"Don't draw any attention, be sensible, and do as I say. I want to make sure we all get out of here.", she continues.
The young man also made a friend with the level-headed survivor, since they had a lot to talk about when it came to explaining why the young man was so special, and even got to talk with the woman about how it is that she has superpowers.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
During said conversation, the young man revealed that his name was Clive, the level-headed survivor said that his name was Steve, and the woman said that her name was Shiva.
Shiva can use telekinetic superpowers as a result of having a sharp enough intuition to speak with god without words, and as a result, despite the common belief of the modern world, was granted a miracle to protect others.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Clive on the other hand, the young man, didn't have a sharp intuition from the moment he was born, he developed it over time, which had never been heard of by the large community of people who can communicate with God, known as "The Messengers".

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Clive knew nothing of this community, but it has been around ever since the dawn of human consciousness, dating back 70 thousand years from the moment spirituality was introduced by God himself.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
In this Godless world, there have been significantly less amount of people with such levels of intuition in the eyes of the public, so the moment signs of Clive's attempts to "play around" with his own miracles were detected by someone within "The Messenger's" community that has the power of foresight/prophecy, they went to his location right away, knowing that this battle would take place.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Clive's exact powers have yet to be determined, but he can sense it, despite not knowing what it does.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
They all make it to the surface and quietly scurry around a few street corners, before finally making it into a large hovercraft that can turn invisible.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"GO GO GO! WE'VE GOT THEM, WE'VE GOT THEM!", Jim shouts into the transmission device within the cock pit.
The battle in the distance that could be heard quickly turns into a chase, and the many hover crafts that fought the enemies, quickly turn invisible along with the one that's carrying the survivors.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"Ok everyone, strap yourselves in, we will be arriving at our destination in 45 minutes, starting t-10, 9, 8..."
Everyone quickly straps themselves into seats and puts their belts on, Clive who is zoning out a bit too much has his seat belt done by Shiva, "Is your head not on properly? Pay attention!".
"S-sorry! I didn't mean to-"
"*Sigh*, no need to be so jumpy, I'm sorry I yelled. Just pull yourself together."
"Yes."

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"...1"
*ZOOM!*
The hovercraft begin to move faster than any aircraft and make their way towards the north pole.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"Wait, north pole? What country though?"
"It's not on the map, so we just call it Eden."
"Eden? But wouldn't it be in the snow at the north pole?"
"Sometimes. It isn't the South Pole. But that wouldn't matter either, since headquarters, is underground."

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"Um, Shiva, what did you mean by me helping you 'dispose of society'?"
"This world is far from Ideal, it's our duty as Messengers to evolve the human consciousness, and create a better world than the last."
"What does an Ideal World look like?"
"A place where the freedom of potential is not within the control of leaders who prioritize power over the lives of their civilians, for starters. However, there is something 'new' that must have happened."
"Did God tell you this?"
"Why do you ask?"
"I'm just wondering."
"Hmmm... so you aren't aware yourself yet."
"About what?"
"That feeling that you have, that makes everything you observe as something that matters, that is special, and as though the entire universe is yours, that's what we call "Grace"."
"Grace...?"
"But from the sounds of things, your Grace is stationary, not guiding you in any particular direction."
"What does that mean?"
"It means you have no destiny, yet."
"Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?"
"It's good as in you have unlimited potential, but the potential is all it will be if you don't find something to devote yourself to."
"Wait wait, now what do you mean about 'devote'? This is all too much to take in!"
"Well learn fast, we need your awareness up to snuff before we start talking with the locals in Eden."
"Why?"
"It's their common sense, and not a lot of people in our community have met outsiders with the exception of their initial randomized childbirth location."
"Are you guys taken from birth back to headquarters?"
"That is correct. There is always a foresight messenger within every generation, so everyone who is gifted is taken immediately."
"But what about the families of these gifted?"
"They are offered to join the community, so it's not solely a collective of those gifted, only that the gifted's culture is the only one present despite the diversity."
"Then what about the cultures of the parents? Shouldn't they get the chance to keep their traditions?"
"They always have that choice, it's just that our culture has been designed with The Ideal World in mind, so most prefer it over their original."
"And it's because of that preference that..."
"Yes, there is a bit of stigma against those with other perspectives, for those who are philosophical, psychological, or analytical, are seen as impure compared to those of us who 'observe', which is a shared trait amongst us with sharp intuition."
"What about that devotion thing?"
"That'll actually take some time, but I want you to continue practicing increasing your attention span."

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
"...So you know I'm doing this consciously?", Clive begins to feel his heart rate increase.
"So you're so aware of it that you can even say "consciously", huh? Well, thank you for the reassurance, you are definitely capable."
After spending some time to understand what she was trying to get at by reading between the lines, he realizes that she was referring to his hyper-awareness of the hierarchy of human experiences.
"You're a little scary."
"How so?"
"I've never met someone who could understand this side of me."
"Don't worry, you'll be meeting a lot more like that. However, I and you are what most even within Eden as 'special'."
"And what's that?"
"Me and you both are conscious enough to EXPLORE the mechanisms of our miracles, whereas the rest can do it innately, just by accident."
"What does that mean to you?"
"It means that you're also someone who likes to dive into research out of curiosity."
"... Thanks, but it's not out of curiosity."
"Hm? I didn't expect that, then what is it?", 'This might be related to how he was able to develop his hyper-intuition all on his own, without even being chosen by Grace from birth."
"... I'll tell you later, it's a little personal."
"Ah-... Well, that's a cliffhanger, you really pull my strings with that one."
"Ahahaha, sorry."

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
[And there's the actual cliffhanger, because... GOODNIGHT!!]

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Once at Eden’s surface level, vast, snowy dunes are seen, like a cold, white desert, and the pilot Jim requests access to the hanger, to which the dunes begin to separate and reveal a white bunker.
The hover crafts land one after the other, and a few curious citizens of Eve are anticipating the arrival of Clive and Shiva.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)