• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

roc tha block tour (1 Viewer)

HSC
it's dominating the charts, has been for a LONG time, which is both a positive thing for the success of rap, but it's forcing rappers to adhere to the pop rap formula which is sad.

and yeh 'gangsta' rap is dead, very dead, very very dead. Game claiming to 'bring the west coast back' even though if you listen to 'the documentary' and compare them to west coast classics like say 'ameriKKKa's most wanted' or 'no one can do it better' and you'll realise games claims are complete bullshit...it's like yeah his really bringing the west coast back when the majority of guest spots are from east coast artists *thumbs down*

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
none of these hopless cases actually has anything to really talk about anyway. i much prefer artists like Public Enemy and Grandmaster Flash who were actually giving a social commentary on their lives and things around them. Same goes fo r NWA et al. Modern rap is a fucking joke. Rappers these days are just posers. I mean Jay Z and Linkin Park FFS. could it get ANY gayer?
i refuse to take any argument seriously where someone uses the word "gay" :rolleyes:

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
^ tru dat :uhhuh:
i think wicked_cunt is just trying to earn some "respect" by thinking "old stuff is better than teh new stuff"

HSC
lol i find alot of people get into hip hop through radio, find fellow hip hop fans, who actually know alot about hip hop, learn about 'the old school' and then go around saying 'fuck the modern rappers yo old school is the shit'. This loser that used to go to my school, steven attard, biggest loser ever, he was bragging to a bunch of girls 'im into that gangsta shit ya know i ain't into that pussy shit like will smith, that motherfucker can't rap yo' :D

Last edited:

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
OMG mario winans didnt release this song it is another guy called mario (who you may remember sang "just a friend" about 5 years ago)
lol that's right. "let me love you" is MARIO's new single. mario WINANS is another artist altogether. mario is probably about 16-18 yrs old.. whereas mario winans is 20-something, 30-something ?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
winans is an old bastard... hes about 50... but botox saved his ass
angelic you going to this?

HSC
mario is 18
mario winans is in his 40's

first time i heard mario winans (puff daddy feat mario winans - best friend) i always liked him, still do, he isn't as good as 112 , ginuwine, r kelly, jagged edge etc but his good. His a very talented guy, writes, produces and sings, and is a great paino player. Can't hate on that.

dark secrets you dont like cupid??????? woah, that's one of the greatest R&B songs of all time in my opinion, babyface wrote that for them, they usually write their songs, but babyface wrote them one of the most beautiful R&B ballads in a long time. Prob my all time favourite 112 song.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yeh i recall that song... thats soooo old, and i thought hed make it out after that...
i used to like JE alot, but hard album sucks balls... so now i only like their collabs and remixes that ssd do... shit like trade it all are soooo good...
ginuwine is good... dont really hear much of his stuff down under... think ive heard just because in a club before...
babyface was a god back then... he wrote everyones songs...

HSC
babyface still is

'hard' was a real good album to me, i mean 'walked outta heaven' was a fantastic ballad, and even ja rule (pop princess) ripped off 'they aint J.E', also 'tryna be your man' and 'dancefloor' were great too..........'car show' perhaps was the best song, absolutely love that song and big boi sounds great on it. Every jagged edge album is great...i like 112 better but 'hot and wet' didn't really satisfy.

ginuwine also has one of the greatest modern R&B ballads to his credit...'differences'....perfect song.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Orange Juice said:
angelic you going to this?
dunno yet........ buy my ticket ? :D

hiphophorray123 said:
mario winans is in his 40's
?!?!?!?!?! doesn't look it =/

best 112 song IMO: dance with me

i've got mario winans' album n its kinda crap. only 2 good songs: i dont wanna know & pretty girl bullsh*t

ja rule must be making a revival since he's in this tour. he kinda died musically 20 yrs ago.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nah babyface's time has passed
walked outta heaven was good, they aint je the original wasnt as good as the remixed, didnt like dancefloor... i didnt like it too much...
but do you reckon their collabs are 100 times better than their individual songs?

angelic, ill buy yours if you buy mine... hows that?
and cmon, winans album was alright... just cuz all his songs are about them ladiz cheating on him :p... i found that as a common theme...
dance with me, was huge at one point... it was at every single club... well i assume it was... well i woulda played it if i were a dj

HSC
R.U.L.E flopped badly, though it's managed to go gold on the strength of 'wonderful' and 'new york' which had mediocre success in the US, 'new york' was great because of jadakiss and the beat wasn't too bad either. Took like 10 weeks for it too go gold while it took nas's 'streets disciple' 6 weeks, T.I's 'urban legend' 3 weeks :)D) and cam'ron's 'purple haze' 6 weeks. 'The Last Temptation' and 'Blood In MY Eye' flopped BADLY, he must be so dissapointed lol. Ja's planning on releasing a double album this year...double albums are usually a sign of desperation as with double albums the sale stays the same but like the neilsen soundscan numbers are doubled (eg if a double album sells 500,000 [gold] it will be platinum instead] that's why lil' flip always releases double albums, because his a bitch.

HSC
Orange Juice said:
nah babyface's time has passed
walked outta heaven was good, they aint je the original wasnt as good as the remixed, didnt like dancefloor... i didnt like it too much...
but do you reckon their collabs are 100 times better than their individual songs?

angelic, ill buy yours if you buy mine... hows that?
and cmon, winans album was alright... just cuz all his songs are about them ladiz cheating on him :p... i found that as a common theme...
dance with me, was huge at one point... it was at every single club... well i assume it was... well i woulda played it if i were a dj

always liked peaches and cream more than dance with me.

anyway, babyface's music ain't dead, he has countless classic songs, his latest, which was around 2002 or something 'face 2 face' was an excellent album, with songs like 'what if' 'babys mama' and 'there she goes' which were all great, and well written, songs.

hmm i love the hooks they provide rappers with, like ludacris' freaky thangs' with jagged edge and twista, or 'trade it all I and II' i think their most recent collabo which made the most noise, not downunder though, was sly boogy's 'bring your crew' which was great...originally it was jagged edge feat T.I (which i felt was the better version) but sly boogy passed it off as his own song, ah well still good. They've recently provided someone with a hook can't remember who though, no big named rapper though. Last time i saw them on TV was T.I's 'rubberband man' video, they made a small cameo in that, alot of people were in that video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)