• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

roc tha block tour (1 Viewer)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
i think Bone Thugs just had a concert recently? If not then theyre about to... Check on google.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
whats the new song 112 released hiphop?
it better be good dammit...
and yes slim is the best... hes got the best voice

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
HIP HOP!
I know my streets, I know my sounds
Y'all know my beats, how I get down
I take my steps, and leaps and bounds

HSC
Orange Juice said:
whats the new song 112 released hiphop?
it better be good dammit...
and yes slim is the best... hes got the best voice

112 feat T.I - If I Can Hit

its a nice club track, T.I got good verse, and an addictive chorus.

they've also got some new songs from their upcoming album floating around the net i got em in mp3:

u already know - nice, smooth R&B love making type song
ghetto love
gotta go nowhere
let this go

there all good,

HSC
illmatic said:
^^ how the hell can you like Ma$e but hate on Ja Rule? Ja Rule makes those "Feel good party albums", yet you advise people to listen to some "real music"? Double standards man.

He didn't change the genre at all.

mase has nice flow, ja rule is annoying. simple as that.

i didnt say 'he changed the genre' i said 'he changed genre'

HSC
Reshie said:
hiphop u would know about this
but do u know if bone thugs n harmony r havin a concert here????
i would rather only go see fabulous n 112 for the roc tha block tour
i thought bone thugs had one last year or something?

yeah that's what im mainly going to roc tha block for, 112 and fab.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
mase has nice flow, ja rule is annoying. simple as that.

i didnt say 'he changed the genre' i said 'he changed genre'
lmao! Ma$e sucks pure and simple. Id take Ja Rule over Ma$e any day of the week.

HSC
nothing, before he started rapping he known as 'tip' some nickname or some shit, but when he would ring ppl up or wateva and say 'its me tip' they'd be like 'huh what, chip?' and he had to spell it out like 'T.I.P' and i guess they thought it had a nice ring to it so it stuck with him. He was signed to la face records under T.I.P, but Q-Tip was also on the label, they didn't really want to have two artists with similar names, so took the P off, now it's T.I.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Well, that's your opinion. Though, if you can, explain to me the difference betweem Ja Rule selling out and Ma$e selling out... And how Ja, according to you, doesnt make "real music" (hence why you dislike him), yet you still say you like Mase when he has "changed genres"

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i liked livin it up from ja rule... but then like his whol album of his fucking voice got annoying...

and what about jin? HAHAHAH that guy didnt sell many records :(.... and no one seems to like him... cuz hes not gangsta...to which he emphasises 50 times on his cd

HSC
jin has some decent freestyles but his songs suck ass, his freestyle in 'the booth - rap city' on BET was cool. 'I Gotta Love' has a decent beat, because it was produced by kanye west....his album did very bad. I don't really like him mainly because he seems to be using the fact that his asian to his advantage, exploiting it and capitalising on that fact...you don't hear eminem going on about 'im white im white im white im white' all the time

i like 'livin it up' still do, and no it's not because it was his lead single, or a club track.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
If Ja Rule's singing is so bad then why did he sell millions of records and absolutely conquer the mainstream arena in 2001-2002?

And I'm not claiming Ja's are gangster or whatever (personally i think that shit is played out) but Murder Inc has ties with Kenneth Supreme Macgriff - and it was them who ordered the hit on 50 back in '99.

please dont tell me you're one of the ones who hopped on the 50 bandwagon believing everything that came outta his mouth.

you still havent answered why you like Mase, even though hes "changed into the r n b genre", but hate on Ja Rule when he (not really) has done the same.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
hiphop your racist! or anti jin :p or whatever... i think illmatic loves jin... isnt that right?

can i get jins freestyle shit? hes battles and them?

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Jin has MASSIVE potential. I doubt hes talking about his ethnicity constantly because he finds it as an advantage. Everyone knows he's asian anyway... so it's like saying he's using his face to his advantage... And plus what do you mean by advantage anyway? It's not like his record sales are inspiring.

Jin is GREAT at freestyling

illmatic

NaS
HSC
lol what do you mean i "love jin".. Im not into his music at all, but i gotta give him props for his potential which is shown through his freestyles.. The Rest Is History isn't a very nice album.

HSC
illmatic said:
If Ja Rule's singing is so bad then why did he sell millions of records and absolutely conquer the mainstream arena in 2001-2002?

And I'm not claiming Ja's are gangster or whatever (personally i think that shit is played out) but Murder Inc has ties with Kenneth Supreme Macgriff - and it was them who ordered the hit on 50 back in '99.

please dont tell me you're one of the ones who hopped on the 50 bandwagon believing everything that came outta his mouth.

you still havent answered why you like Mase, even though hes "changed into the r n b genre", but hate on Ja Rule when he (not really) has done the same.
hiphophorray123 said:
mase knows his not a 'gangsta' and that he isn't 'hard'

that and mase doesn't sound constipated when he tries to sing.
once again i will tell you i am not a 'fickle hip hop fan' as you so ignorantly claim i am. I did not take 50's word for it, i don't even like 50 cent that much, i only REALLY liked him before he got shot (thug love feat destiny's child...good song). I have disliked ja rule's music ever since 'between me and you' only rarely enjoying some of his songs (livin it up, new york and wonderful...and no, not because they are singles)...i personally don't give a fuck if murder inc was started with drug money and 'the real owner' is macgriff doesn't change the fact that in my opinion, the overwhelming majority of their music sucks. Stop trying to argue it.

HSC
Orange Juice said:
hiphop your racist! or anti jin :p or whatever... i think illmatic loves jin... isnt that right?

can i get jins freestyle shit? hes battles and them?

im not racist, i reckon his songs suck and i don't like the fact that his trying to capitalise on the fact that his asian, maybe his not, but that's the way i see it......('learn chinese').....not the fact that he is asian...it shouldn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)